Posts by Calaban

There was no insults, or backhanded comments.

Just my observations. I’m sorry you’re so upset by them.

t

Did you watch the video, or at least the ending when the results are tallied? There were two different score categories. One was for tone. However, the other was for feel. The KPA won, unanimously, in both metrics. A 3rd-party listener doesn't have to be able to discern between tones. The testers, who are all gigging guitarists, unanimously scored the KPA the winner in terms of dynamics/feel in this non-biased, blind A/B test.

I can’t sit through a video that long with tones I dislike.

From what I’ve read about this video, the “blind test” wasn’t so blind. The guys doing the A/B at the end were the same guys that made the profiles/captures. Lol. Terrible protocol.

Really should have been a double blind test.

You Kemper super fans are a riot lol.

There is no way to tell diddly squat from two amps with the gain on 1 Billion.

Those sounds, regardless of where they come from, are completely lacking in dynamics.

the Kemper not only holds its own, but still remains the best of the best! And it's pretty sick that it's undefeated when it comes to blind shootouts! lol

It's crazy how much hype and personal bias can cloud peoples' perceptions of things, until it comes down to a blind test or something of that sort.

This post is funny to me, as it seems you are exhibiting the personal bias that you are laying on others.

I mean, you have not done your own comparison between the QC and the KPA have you? It seems you are just accepting others opinions through a youtube video.

I have a Kemper and a QC on the way. I remain open minded and fully expect that each device will have its strengths and weaknesses.

There is absolutely zero possibility of making an accurate assessment for my needs until I have a chance to directly compare them myself.

I don't understand why you would pre-blend and it removes flex at mix down, especially these days with almost limitless tracks, seems so counter intuitive.

There is a lot to be said for committing to a sound while tracking.

That's the way they had to do it in the old days, and some of the greatest tones in history (guitar or otherwise) were created.

https://www.recordingrevolutio…-a-sound-when-you-record/

https://www.pro-tools-expert.c…mit-sounds-when-recording

RM is experiencing some serious trouble for Windows 10 users.

I had a week long nightmare trying to fix a faulty Beta installation. Lesson learned. No more Beta versions for me.

The only thing that worked was to uninstall RM (if Windows will let you...took me many attempts. RM had installed itself twice on my machine, different versions)

I have it working now but I'm afraid to update it ever again lol.

Good luck. I have no solid advice.

I don't think they are available via the context menu at this point.

I managed to install v3.1.61 and it seems to have uninstalled the old versions that Windows could not remove.

But the program will not start.

The Kemper driver seems to have installed ok this time.

I will restart the computer.

Every time I try this, Windows tells me "Please wait while Windows configures Rig Manager" and it hangs there.

I have to cancel out of the uninstall process because it won't finish.

I now have two versions of Rig Manager, neither of which I can remove from my system, and neither of which is functioning.

v3.0.145.16429

v3.1.58.16458

So I tried to remove them by clicking "Modify" but when I do it that way the Uninstall process hangs at "Removing Shortcuts"

GAH!

3) In the command line, go to the previously created directory, when driver removal scripts are unpacked an start typing "uninstall" and press TAB key when you see a command "Uninstall Rig Manager Driver.bat"

Unfortunately I cannot navigate this window.

All it does is show "C:\WINDOWS\system32>" but I cannot delete/backspace in order to enter the path to the directory with the Uninstall script.

Neural DSP bought opinion forming youtube "artists" for big commercial campaign that is rising their plugins and Q- Cortex instantly to the top tier units league ( maybe even in that time before it was released :D). And I just laugh when I see "fast" unproperly profiled Kemper profiles in "A/B" tests with Cortex. But It's OK. It's their business model. Iam just wondering how many hot new improved "quad cortex" octa cortex,head,rack, MK II., anniversary,limited-painted etc. versions/models will appear in next maybe 2 years.

Don't be mad at me guys. Its only my humble opinion. :)

Weird first post.

What a mess.

I have no idea how to fix this.

I think the Kemper team should post a new thread with detailed information on what to do to fix this.

As it is now it's all spread out and I'm rather confused. I need the Editor soon, too.

Morph is cool.

But to be honest it's just another name for basic exp control which is available on the vast majority of modelers and digital pedals.

Assign as many parameters as you want and control them with a single pedal. I have never gone deep enough with morphing to think it's anything novel.

My exp needs consist of vol, delay feedback, and wah. That's about it.

Other will have different needs and thus have a different workflow.

People like different things and use the same devices in different ways. Amazing eh?!