Posts by Calaban

Hey man your second link (your old rig) doesn’t seem to be working.

Nice Peggy-O tones with the Kemper btw.

I tried that JGarcia rig a while back but for some reason it didn’t really click for me. I think I’ll have to try it out again.

This will swap the positions of two stomps?!

Haven’t tried it yet but if it works, thank you!!

Never knew this one...

If there is a way to do this, please disregard (and tell me how to do it!)

I’d like a way to swap stomps or effects.

Copy and paste is great and I use it all the time, but let’s say all my stomp slots are filled and I like the settings on each stomp, but I want to switch the order of two of them. I can copy and paste it, but then the stomp I want to switch it with is gone. You can’t copy the stomp you’d like to switch it with because then the first stomp that is copied in memory isn’t in memory anymore!

It seems that you need a free slot (in stomps or effects) in order to accomplish this.

Is there a way to do this that I’m simply not aware of at the moment?

If not, please add this capability!

Thanks guys. I set up morphing with the remote to control the gain. I’ve setup a pedal to control the volume. Pedal pressed down gives max volume. I’m loving this. So many options ...

Also, you can select where you want the volume control to be in the chain.
    Pre amp stack or post amp stack at the least, and maybe even pre stomps and post effects.

This will change how the amp profile sounds when adjusting your volume pedal.
    Pre amp stack will affect the amount of distortion, post amp stack will affect overall volume without changing the tone/distortion.

I think this is assignable on a per-rig basis.

Main Output should be fine, but earlier you said you attached it to the Speaker Out, so I’m confused.

If it’s the Main Outs you’re using then we should be able to figure out what is going on much more easily.

Yes

i think that’s a problem. Your Headrush is powered already so you should be sending just the profile, not any power from the KPA.

Maybe you have damaged the Headrush and that’s where your problem is. Maybe not, I’m not sure.
    But you should be using the “monitor out”

I did the same thing when I first got my Yahaha DXR10...I just didn’t know what I was doing. The kind folks here corrected me.

To be honest, the manual, while very good, wasn’t clear about this to a beginner like me (I’ve been playing guitar for 35 years but the KPA was my first ever digital unit.) I remember thinking the manual could have been more explicit.

Wow 120dB....that’s pretty amazing. I’m not knowledgeable enough to attempt this, nor do I have the time to learn it all, but great job!

I would however pay Kemper well if they could design their own wireless version of the remote (with built in exp pedal!), and also develop their own wireless FRFR monitor, as well as the ability to send the signal wirelessly to FOH.

Remember this is all just my fantasy! I have no expectation that Kemper will do this.

Sorry to hear about your struggles Monkey_Man. I do not have those experiences so I cannot relate, but maybe we could modify my wireless fantasy to be an optional add on for the KPA.

Power is no big deal. I don’t mind plugging in my KPA and I have the powered version so I could get myself a passive FRFR monitor (those don’t require power correct?)

But wireless guitar to KPA, wireless midi controller, wireless to FOH etc...if it could be done TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE!

Hmm that Katana Air sounds interesting.

As of now I’ve got:
    - power to KPA
    - power to monitor
    - power to midi controller
    - XLR to FOH
    - 1/4” > XLR to monitor
    - MIDI cable from controller
    - instrument cable to KPA

I’m fine with this, but imagine reducing that down to just the 3 power cables. Or better yet....no cables. Just imagine! 8o

Maybe someday when I’m ancient....which isn’t too far off!

They are coming.....

This is the second time I’ve seen this mentioned, but I have not seen where people are getting this. Is there a direct quote from CK that missed?

I’m usually pretty happy with the distortion stomps, but I only use them to push a profile a little bit. I get the best results by starting with a distorted profile to begin with. A little push with the Green Scream stomp works well, but too much doesn’t sound great.

I mainly want them to nail the Fuzz Face tones, but again if I want fuzz I usually just find a fuzzy profile. Plenty to choose from.

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question but I couldn’t decide where else to put it.

Just curious...

Do you think we’ll ever see a day where you show up to a gig, set down your Kemper, monitor, and remote...and just turn everything on and have it all connect wirelessly over WiFi or Bluetooth or some as yet unknown protocol?

Possibly have everything powered wirelessly as well?

I don’t know enough about the technology to know if it’s possible, but this is my fantasy lol.

As great and convenient as my Kemper is, I still have a ton of cables to connect and set up takes some effort.

Thoughts?

Whaddaya mean, Tyler? Just curious, mate.
    Are you referring to perhaps being able to EQ the drip component?

The original post was from 2017. I’d imagine he’s happy with the new spring reverb if he’s tried it.
    It sounds fantastic. I’m not using it live quite yet...waiting to be able to place it in the reverb slot.

But it sounds great in from of the amp block too!

no dude I am not but I know one thing by experience, people like you , who are very TOLERaNT when we joke about other people are the first to jump out of their seat in fury when we joke about them.... I know youd be the first to react if someone start a facebook page to say that your business sucks. And as english is my second langage I dont wanna have a hard time debating with you so I will stop it now. Where is the block button? Anyway discussion with you is over

I meant no offense. My comment about “defaming me” was meant as a joke to lighten the mood. I inserted a winking emoji on my iPad to let you know I was joking, but I guess this forum doesn’t allow that because it didn’t show up.

No need to block or be upset. My apologies for the misunderstanding :thumbsup: