Posts by GASbag

I keep going back for more. So far I have the Vox, Mesa, JCM 800, Orange, Bogner, and the JSX. First I thought these weren't for me and when the promotion came only bought the packs because I wanted 1 or 2 tones in the demo, usually the clean ones. I've even bought some packs where none of the demo tones really spoke to me (not bad tones but not what I'm after, the Bogner for instance), but I'm really glad I did buy them. Of the original description, "rich punch" and "silvery highs" could be dismissed as typical marketing puffery, but they describe well what I'm hearing and how I would describe the "house sound". I'll definitely buy more, and am looking forward to the Fender, to begin with.

Appreciate that Guenter but disagree with your view on Ibanez having a weak sound. Thx for commenting that the profiles sound good with not just single coils though. I'll probably pick these up at some point but with so many profiles being heralded as the best at the moment, I'm in no huge rush

It's true there's a lot of hype on all forums, and it's something many of us learn the hard (expensive) way. At least buying profiles is cheaper and takes less space than guitars. For me these profiles are not supplanting what I have from TAF, Soundside and MBritt, but Bert's profiles have more than met my minimum expectation for me to be happy with the purchase. I haven't spent a huge amount of time with them yet (last week I also bought a Boss SY-300 that's been tugging at my sleeve), but I like almost every profile in that pack. Several are on my favorites folder already, and I've just scratched the surface exploring them. I also enjoy the range and quality of effect settings on these profiles. I'm just a bedroom hack and while I can use my ears, now I'm able to access the experience of professional players and studio engineers. The Dick Dale profile comes to mind -- not normally a tone I would seek out but that now I find myself enjoying -- and there's several others.

I called Paypal and they told me that it has to work in Thailand..Thailand is on the list of Paypal countries.
    I hope you can try it again. Would be great to have my profiles in Thailand !!

Bert
    http://www.bmprofiles.com

Thanks. The problem / confusion occurred before that where there's a required field for one's country, and that list has only 30-40 countries. But as mentioned, those who have this issue can just pick something near them and once you're in Paypal it doesn't seem to be giving problems anymore. Maybe it also depends on the credit card issuer linked to PP, with the address verification, but it worked for me.

I was trying to buy these but was unable to. Could you look at the list of countries? I'm in Thailand but it would be the same issue in a lot of other countries.

OK, I managed to make this work by entering my location as Bangkok, China. After all, I've received mail addressed like that before. :)

A nice bonus also that the system automatically deducts the 21% VAT if you're outside the EU, so it came to only just over 40 Euros. I'm on holiday now and won't be able to try them till the weekend, but they sound worth having. The 62 Showman sounds great in the clips, but aside from that this package covers many amps I don't have yet.

For a disco clean sound there is a free Kemper profile in one of the rig packs which is for the song Get Lucky by Daft Punk featuring Nile Rodgers I use this live for a few disco type songs and it fits very well search the Rig Exchange for "Get Lucky" I'm sure it will be on there :)

Yep, that's one of the Gundy Keller profiles. Go to the 2 or 4 position of a strat and you're there. His Gilmourish profile is very nice too.

Sounds to me more like a guitar/pickup problem than the Kemper.

Here it is:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

^^^^ I went through my soundside profiles this morning (underrated IMO) and the same thought struck me about doing one amp at a time vs. big packs with 10-15 amps. I can imagine those big packs involving some chores, but doing a really special amp once in a while seems more fun and involving less stress or emotional investment. Up to Andy of course, but I second this motion!

In Chrome I have the Dark Reader extension also. It makes it so that if you hit Shift+Alt+D it inverts the colors of the text fields (e.g., black background on white text). Photos still show in the correct colors. I use it all the time, including this forum. It's much less tiring on the eyes if you're doing a lot of reading.

That looks like a must-have bundle. I'm glad to have many of your profiles (I guess close to 30 amps) and I hope it'll be a farewell like from classic rock bands who've been doing farewell tours since the 80s. :)

But tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back on us. :)

On the topic of this product being undermarketed, and being up against some unusually fierce competition, I think one way this unit could still do well is by having large banks of really superb sounding presets, by genre, to appeal to guys who want just great sound right out of the box. Like someone else said recently on this forum, there should be a full-time job called "preset creator" because it's almost the norm that these units ship with bad presets. It's like they put so much time in the technology, that by the time they get that finished, they're exhausted and just want to ship it out the door ASAP. Now the field is getting pretty flat in terms of technology, but there will always be people who just want to scroll through presets, and just want 10-20 great sounds. ISP may have the 1980s covered already (and it's enough to interest me), but if they could pull this off for a couple other genres/eras, it may still do well in a sleeper kind of way.

We came to discussing the Theta Pro DSP in the Axe8 thread, so rather than hijack that, and to give some spotlight to this great unit, I'll continue here.

I agree the sounds in that Ethan Brosh video are so eighties, and I love it for that. I must have listened to that demo 20 times now. I really don't feel I need it or want the clutter, but I may end up buying one next time there's a 20% sale (like every 6 weeks, hah).

Since it came up it's only a preamp with FX and cab sim, I was wondering what they have it connected to. Someone from the company responds in the comments:

Hi Gino, thanks for your comment! This is Buck from ISP Technologies and you are correct, we recorded this from the output of a mixer to a CD recorder and then synchronized the CD audio track with the video. The THETA PRO was connected from the direct outputs (XLR) of the THETA PRO to microphone XLR inputs on the mixer so this is what our direct outputs with our speaker sims sound like..

What's kind of surprising to me (as someone who hasn't studied the technical details) is that I expected the next big thing to be an upgrade from the Axe FX II, basically the FX III. Turns out that even the II was overkill from a hardware point of view, other than for a few people who want synth type tones, double-amping, etc. But Cliff is an inventive guy, so I wouldn't prepare to bury the FX II yet. He'll probably keep evolving the product using the hardware available, putting more space again between the FX II and the AX8.

For myself, zero regrets or buyer's remorse about my Kemper. The only modeler I have a teeny bit of interest in because the demo sounded so good isn't the Helix, Ax8 or Amplifire, but... Guess anyone? :)