Posts by Splawnzie

Thanks for all the good info all, I guess I should try to be more clear on the question. When tweaking a single rig profile, and dialing in to my taste and then finishing it off by saving it at a specific volume level. Then for gig purposes, I want to have say, 5 more profiles available. Lets say I want to use a profile that has already been created and I place it in the second switch on foot controller. Toggle between 1 and 2 and the overall volume is different (noticeable to soundman). When dissecting a single rig, where is the best place to start for volume leveling? Cab, EQ, Master, effects? I know that sometimes even slight changes to and single piece of a rig can have a significant impact on overall sound of a rig. Some of the advice I have found already suggests that the cab is best place to start.I may be making to this too complicated but my head turns into digital distortion when I don't fully understand what i am working with......If that makes sense.

I have the same issue and have had success in paying more attention to my right hand to avoid the hiccup. Understandably, not always possible but with good timing and a good right (or strumming) hand mute, works great for me. I have not found any fixes on latest FCB or chip chat yet......

Ok all you veterans out there. Firstly, I completely understand and respect the tolerance level some of you have for Noob questions but..... After all of my reading and subsequent failures int getting to a "finshed product", who can direct me to the best resource (that is written in plain language that a mentally challenged guitar player like me can understand) for leveling out the output sounds / volumes for all rigs that will be used for a particular show / session....? I have no problem with adjusting volume levels for stage volume but the front end PA seems to be all over the place (not terrible), I just dont have a strong grasp on the construct of each rig to know where to go as there are several options. My bandmates constructive comments have been based on the different volumes between rigs when switching. Hope I am clear as to what I am asking for. All help is much appreciated.

Names Mark, I go by the handle of Splawndano after years of playing a dual rig monster including a Splawn Quickrod and a Soldano Lucky 13 . Have played 2 gigs now with the new rig and have already been blown away by the sounds coming out of the front end. I did the gig with an FCB 1010 w/o the chip and now that I have the chip, I realize that I should have waited.

Anyway, Looking forward to learning everything I can about this thing and am anxious to start reading. If anyone has any opinions on exceptional rigs to check out, drop a note. Have enjoyed exploring the rigs that came with my purchase from ZAP.