Posts by rundoverdog

Recieved my KPA a few days ago as a christmas present to myself, while the KPA and profiles are great, (TAF JCM800-WOW).
    Unfortunately i cant use the KPA to profile my gear. Problem being, Distorted Return/Alternate inputs, i have contacted support about this issue and as a result, it looks like i have to send it in for repairs. I didn't start this thread as a whinge, but just as a point of reference for other customers who have the same problems, This simple test was advised for the inputs mentioned.

'Please test the following: Configure and activate a Loop Stereo into slot X.
    Then plug your guitar cable into Return and afterwards into Alternative In. You
    should hear a clean guitar signal on the left/right side of the stereo
    base through your monitoring equipment e. g. headphone. If this signal is
    noisy or distorted we are facing a hardware defect. Sorry for the bad news! But
    in that case the unit needs to get repaired. As your unit seems to be brandnew
    please approach your dealer and initiate repair/exchange. Sorry again for the
    hassle!'

Christmas cancelled :thumbdown:,
    well not entirely i'll play with my new TAF profile and send the unit back after xmas

The 'contact us' tab is the support.

Another thing to do while you wait for support to reply -
    lower the master volume. The KPA is very loud and a master volume of 7.0 or below could solve it if your input can't handle it.

Don't get me wrong, what i did try, i loved, a few nice cleans, and a great setzer profile that i downloaded, it's just that when the crackling started it become very annoying. I did have the master volume down on 3-4. I'll check it out more on the weekend, and then e-mail the 'contact us'. thanks for the reply

Very happy to receive my Kemper today, but unfortunately very disappointed after 30 minutes of use, due to crackling noises playing notes or chords. tried changing headphones, guitar cables, guitars, to no avail. Switched the unit off for 30 minutes, switched back on and was fine for about 10 minutes then started again. This problem happens on all rigs. Anyway signed up to this forum and found another member has exactly the same problem, his last post on the subject mentioned a possible hardware problem. Question is how do i contact support, for this matter ?, there is a support tab on the site, but it's just a feedback/contact us email address. X( X(