Posts by MisterB

I know this has been discussed several times but I still can't get it right.

I want to use different guitars with the Kemper (live as well) and they should all work with the my main performance set list.
    I do not want to have different profiles for each guitar (ranging from single coil to humbucker to active humbuckers). I tried the clean etc. sense stuff but I'm lost.

So is there a way to have different input/sensitivity settings per guitar and easily switch them without having duplicate profiles?

Thanks,

Rainer

Thanks for the tips and tricks here!

I finally managed to stretch the green Kemper Bag.

I now have:
    -The Kemper power amp in the main compartment
    -The Remote on top of it
    -One Dunlop DVP-3 plus Cable in the front pocket
    -Other cables in the left pocket

So I still have space in the right pocket...very convenient.

The only concern I have is the total weight...the zipper at the bottom of the bag and the shoulder strap might be weak points when carrying the package around....

Now that I have the remote I want to get a new bag. I always bring my Kemper+Remote to rehearsal and back home...hence, less bags is better.
    The Kemper "fisherman" case was fine...but remote and cables do not fit.

I want a bag that:
    1) Holds the profiler safely
    2) Has space for the remote
    3) Space for one Dunlop DVP3 pedal
    4) Space for some cables

Has anybody found a good solution for this?

I just osted this as a new threat...then found this one...sorry for double posting...
    ...here's my answer:

I just updated to firmware 3.0.2 to get rid of the performance tempo issue/bug.So I tried to set the tempo for each performance...but it is overriding ALL performane tempos.Maybe I'm just too stupid to figure it out....Here's what I do:Each of my songs is one performance. Stepping up/down on the remote steps through my songlist/setlist.Slots in each performance are used for different parts of the song (Intro, Clean, Solo etc.).I want to set the tempo per song. This should be used by delays etc. Our drummer plays to a click...so we are all "synced".I tried all option now i the rig menu..."Use performance tempo" checked or not checked. "Lock tempo" checked or unchecked.Once changed I stored the performance.But when I change the tempo of the next performance the other ones are changed as well.....it's driving me crazy!Does 3.0.2 work better for you guys? Does your tempo setting work?

I just updated to firmware 3.0.2 to get rid of the performance tempo issue/bug.
    So I tried to set the tempo for each performance...but it is overriding ALL performane tempos.
    Maybe I'm just too stupid to figure it out....

Here's what I do:
    Each of my songs is one performance. Stepping up/down on the remote steps through my songlist/setlist.
    Slots in each performance are used for different parts of the song (Intro, Clean, Solo etc.).
    I want to set the tempo per song. This should be used by delays etc. Our drummer plays to a click...so we are all "synced".

I tried all option now i the rig menu..."Use performance tempo" checked or not checked. "Lock tempo" checked or unchecked.
    Once changed I stored the performance.

But when I change the tempo of the next performance the other ones are changed as well.....it's driving me crazy!

Does 3.0.2 work better for you guys? Does your tempo setting work?

Just had my first long band rehearsal with the new remote: It's sooooo good!
    Ergonomics, switching times, display readability and overall usability....just great.

Thanks Kemper Team, it was worth the wait. Have to sell my Behringer board asap!

Well...the beauty of the current Kemper approach is: You do not have to waste one of the 4 expression buttons on the remote to switch the wah on. Just move the pedal and it works. When you're moving the pedal the software can not detect if you want to have wah or volume. Hence, Wah is always on when it is present in your rig.

Workaround: In performance mode store different rigs. One with one without wah.

You probably have a more severe root cause for your problem.....but the display on my remote was also totally unclear and washed out. Like broken.
    But then I found the little contrast button on the backside of the remote :) Adjusted and it's great now!

Just updated to 3.0 and connected my remote the first time. Seems to work quite well.
    Did not have too much time last night so I did not program the effects buttons for my performances yet.
    I integrated the DVP-3 pedal and assigned it as a wah pedal. Great!
    I also tested a normal Network cable and it worked as well.

The manual is really minimalistic so there's still one thing that I don't understand:
    The rig buttons seem to have 2 LEDs. Why?

Whatever I do only the lower LED is lid (three states: off, on, on bright when rig is engaged)

Does anybody know what the 2nd LED is supposed to do? Or is just design and not a LED? :)

Rainer

I thought about this as well. But I guess it comes down to the pedal/effect organisation.
    I always use the same location in my rigs for noise gate and wah (if they are not used in a rig they stay empty).
    I do not need to switch those on/off with buttons...hence, 2 buttons less to operate from the remote.

So I believe you can simplify your rigs to make it work well with the existing number of buttons.

A friend of mine has an Axe and the Fractal remote board...it has lot's of buttons.
    Intriguing at first sight ...but he's doing the pedal dance again...just too many effect on buttons.

I prefer a well organized setlist in my Kemper...makes life easier!

My guess #1: Kemper will sell the KPA and the remote in the future ALWAYS together. Probably at a lower price for the bundle. Then everybody has the looper...except for "old" users that do not want to buy the remote.
    Guess #2: Somebody will reverse engineer the commands and make the looper available to everybody.

But, as stated many times, I'm not buying the remote to get a looper. I really like the concept/integration/. Hence, I just ordered under the early bird program.

We just added a tag cloud to the "song-project groups".
    If you want to participate in a song project online it's much easier to find a genre you like.
    If you want to start your own song-project group...just tag the music genre and invite other musicians to help composing it.

Check it out: http://www.trackfight.net