Posts by daveyboy

Today I was going to try out the iPad app and quickly realized that my Kemper remote is using the only network connection. My first thought was to buy an ethernet network switch like this: Network switch. I use this in my house and it works great. Will this work with the Kemper? I'll try it myself later if no one knows but thought I could save time here;-) BTW, the iOS app works great and magically just found the Kemper after I booted it up with zero sweat.

I agree. Profiles sound great. I'm not sure if Dave Chamberlin is on this forum, but after hearing his demos, I want both Armin's packs AND Dave's albums =)

Thanks buddy:-) I’m not on here very often but appreciate the support. I’m a music producer with a nice studio in the LA area and do a lot of singer/songwriter productions (all styles), mixing and my own songwriting for tv and film. I mostly use the Kemper for my guitar sounds these days and have gotten a pretty reliable recall method so that I can recall specific sounds for specific tracks at any time. Love it. I like Armin’s stuff because it feels like a real amp. He’s also super nice. I was lucky to meet him and his wife last year.

This is a fun pack! plenty of Marshally gain settings to choose from with a neutral eq so one can kind of tailor the sound to their liking. Here's a short demo I made using various guitars.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here's a short demo I made using various guitars and only this profile pack. I tried to emphasize the basic rhythm sound as I think most people (myself included) tend to record a ton of rhythm guitar.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I’m loving this pack! I’m curious; is this the actual “bundle 4” pack with the exact profiles as the one for sale, or a smaller modified pack? I own a lot of AF stuff and this might be my favorite. I love that it’s not processed with extra EQs and FX.

Here's a new smash using the brand new Kemper Amp Profile from Soundside called "British Winner", profile #78: Seeking recreate the sound of a Victory® Sheriff 44. For this song I did zero tweaking of any of the 5 profiles I used. I used my Carruthers Semi Chambered guitar with Duncan 59s. This is a really cool medium gain EL34 amp and has a really nice grind.

Here's a tune using 5 different profiles from the brand new Soundside.de pack #77, True Rock Amp Seeking to re-create the sound of a Two Rock® Akoya Amplifier.

Another killer profile pack by Armin! Seems well suited for that fusion rock sound and works will with my Tele as well as my humbucking equipped Carruthers CSA. Here's a tune I wrote using 5 different profiles from this pack.

I wrote a short tune using just one profile from the Soundside.de profile pack #12, "UKRox 30Seeking to re-create the sound of a Vox® AC 30 TB Amplifier." You'll hear an Ebow guitar kick in half way through (same profile).

Here's a demo I made using just this pack and my new handmade Carruthers CSA guitar!. I really like the clean sounds on this. For the verse lead I used a clean sound with a kemper comp fx and that's it. For the chorus lead I used the same sound I used for the rhythm guitar panned right, which was a little dirty with a compressor in the chain. For the 2nd verse 2nd lead I used a much dirtier profile.

Another Soundside.de Profile demo. This time it's an older pack, #27; "Seeking to re-create the sound of a Elmwood® Modena M60 Amplifier." I used 3 guitars and 5 profiles for this one to try to show a little range. I used a les paul standard for all rhythms on the left and a tele for the rhythms on the right. I then used a tele for the verse leads and finally a Charvel for the Chorus lead. Lots of sustain with this profile so no need to boost or alter the actual stock profiles (for this demo). I've now done something like 15 of these demos for Armin. What's kind of fun and challenging is coming up with a song that works with the Amp being used. This also allows me to get very familiar with what the profile is good at and helps me "learn" the amp so to speak.

The Peluso's great from what I've heard. Mark Schmieder over at the MOTU forum raved about it a lot. Said it greatly reduced the need for EQ and even compression post-recording.

Fantastic setup, Dave. You da man, man! 8o

Thanks! Yes, the Peluso is good, but, I use the Charteroak 538 all the time and actually prefer that. Seems to work on more voices consistently, including my own). The real killer is the affordable Joly modded mxl 990. Very smooth mic. Good for sibilance problems.

Here's a video of my place in LA.

External Content youtu.be

I made a demo for Armin using this Profile Pack. Very cool. It gets a great clean sound and goes into moderate gain territory. It's not a metal amp for sure but sure covers those Plexi tones. It seems to work well on both humbucker and single coil pups. The song I wrote uses a Strat and a Les Paul and the tracks are notated on the Soundcloud file. This amp takes virtual pedals nicely too (and I'm sure real pedals as well). I choose not to modify the profiles for the demo in any way other than to activate his eq setting on one of them to tame the low end.

Here's another tune using an older Soundside.de profile pack "UKGold 2000 Seeking to re-create the sound of a Marshall® JCM2000 Amplifier." I used my Les Paul Standard (rhythm left and all leads) and my Starr Strat (rhythm Right). For the wah effect I used the Kemper's built in wah.