Posts by daveyboy

There were no profiling changes in 5.x, so nothing in 5.x could cause problems when Profiling.

Good to know. Maybe my issues I'm having were always there or pilot error (or both). I will say that the profiles I made yesterday were spot on. I always record the finished profile along with the miked amp simultaneously before moving on so as to a/b the two. It's been over a year since I've profiled and feel things have improved in terms of quality.

@daveyboy
    If you return to 4.x, you will still be able to access the rigs. If any of them have one of the new delays enabled, the delay will be disabled (but the rig will be available) until you return to 5.x.

Perfect thanks! Don't care about using delay and would rather be able to profile without incident:-)

I've been doing some profiling and find all sorts of odd things happening. Some profiles have turned out crazy loud/hot. Not distorted but I have to turn down the profile's volume way down to like -20. Also, the input seems to randomly change from rear reamping input back to the front input.

So question: can I safely roll back to the last stable version of 4? Will I temporarily lose access to the few new profiles I've made? Will I lose access to any of my older profiles that I've now saved while working in in 5 beta?

I was able to watch a few minutes of the Periscope movie and then came home this afternoon to discover they have a limited shelf life:-( Too bad as it was very informative from what I was able to see. Anyway, picked up the new Marshall and used it on a client's tune yesterday in the studio. Sounded great!

If you want to spend even more $ then check out the M Britt stuff. I have his pack 2 and all of those profiles seem to be made for single coil pups. They're thicker without the fizzy top end and people who play live like them as they're very consistent from patch to patch.

really interesting Andy , is there a way the original pack buyers get a discount on the new pack ?

I was curious to hear from people who own both to see how this compares to the original profiles (which I love btw). A discount would be nice but I highly doubt that's feasible.

I just bought this profile today based on this thread and wanted to chime in. It's a very nice "chunky" amp. There are no real clean profiles but the listed clean profiles clean up nicely. Unlike many other Amp Factory profiles I've bought it seems to be presented in its "raw" state verses altered with additional eq and fx. I like it a lot and look forward to using it soon. Great work Andy!

I just bought the MB pack 2 and can confirm they lean towards the "dark side." I haven't done any recording with them yet but was curious if this pack was geared more towards live work verses studio work? I've never used the kemper live before so didn't know if a darker tone translates better. Also, one thing is sure, all our ears are different so one man's too dark is another's just right:-)

Where on my Mac are the "Local Library" files stored? I found in my home/library/application support/Kemper/Rig Manager/Local Library/ folder nothing other than a sub folder I created within Rig Manager. I want to make sure I don't sabotage myself later since we're still in the beta phase! It seems to be working OK though. I noticed once it wasn't switching amps when I clicked on the list but I restarted it and it worked again. So far so good.

WOW I like the way you store the sounds in your projects folder. I'm a Pro Tools HD guy I might see if this works for me it would be awesome if it did :)

It's what I've always done since I've had the kemper. I put the patch on a usb stick and then pop it on the mac and drag it into the project folder. Now I can avoid the usb stick entirely. So yes, it'll work for you. I also label the track in the comments section with the name of the patch I used as well as the level of the master volume as that will change here or there.

I've been running Windows 7 on my Mac (inside VMware Fusion) for a few months now and decided to try installing the Kemper Rig Manager software "just for fun." Well, it seems to work great! I'm able to sync everything and now easily drag and drop my edited profiles into whatever song I'm working on for future recall. This means I'm dragging from Windows to my Mac and back again. I'll look forward to the day this software is released for Mac but in the meantime here's a work around.

Video

I'm a full time music producer/guitar player and wanted to add my thanks. Today I had a client that wanted the "Dire Straits Brothers in Arms" tone on his song. I played my 60s vintage strat using your profile and really nailed that sound. Very cool.

Thanks for the positive response. I'll be doing more quality profiles of the amp at some point. This was the very first profile I made and turned out the best. I was having issues with the refining process as the sound quality would degenerate so I deleted all the following profiles. This amp has a ton of range and deserves to be profiled correctly:-)