Posts by Slapswan

Hey folks,

A few years ago I posted some profiles of a 1973 Marshall model 1986. It is an amp that I inherited from my father and wanted to keep in it's current state as long as possible. In other words, not an amp that I would gig out with. Enter my Ceriatone Plexi50 Bass. Same circuit, and I don't schlepping it around.

I wanted to make some profiles of that amp, because I'll be swapping out the stock output transformer and choke with new ones that Chris Merren has wound for me. Looking forward to that.

The amp is played through a 2x12 open back cabinet that I've built. The speakers are 1973 Celestion G12H-55Hz & an early 1970's Cerwin Vega ER123.

Going for some classic tones. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sp8…hXKwlNpL6PwMPJgKg32a?dl=0

Hello All,

I will be recording an EP for my band this weekend. Besides miking our bass player's bass amp--a vintage '65 Fender Bassman--I am hoping to simultaneously capture that performance through my Kemper, using a favorite bass amp profile. My idea was for the following routing: Bass --> Kemper input --> Kemper Direct output --> Bass Amp; and, Kemper Main Output ---> DAW Interface.

My question is whether there are any obvious issues with taking the direct output of the Kemper into the Bass amp input (e.g. impedance)? Any other suggestions for a better workflow, given that I won't have access tomorrow to a DI box to use as a splitter?

Hello,

Just received my Kemper back from repair. It had been out of commission for a few months after taking a nasty fall during a profiling session. While it was out of service I had switched back to using my tube amp rig at gigs. Switching back to the Kemper, I am finding it hard to accurately control my stage volume from profile to profile compared to using my tube amp. My band has a pretty dynamic set and rig volumes need to change to suit each song. That said, I am using a FCB1010 along with a UNO for Kemper chip. I have calibrated the volume pedal, and experimented with the various curves, settling on the default for the volume pedal--curve 1.

My problem: I find that with this volume pedal I cannot easily do subtle volume adjustments. I have found threads mentioning similar problems but none with solutions or workarounds. Is there anyone here that has encountered a similar problem and found some solution?

Hi Slapswan, did you get your Kemper fixed? Haven't heard from you in ages and I'm still hungry for more profiles of your incredible amp.

-Jari

Hi Jari,

Unfortunately, I haven't. I started a new business recently, and I am keeping busy playing gigs with two bands. But man, I miss my Kemper! Will send it out this week for repair, and probably receive it back by the end of February.

I would like to capture some more profiles of the Super Bass. I have some great vintage JBL's I want to swap into the cabinet. Also, I have newer Marshall amp, a JCM 2000 that I have set the tube bias relatively low on. That makes it much more saggy and vintage sounding to my ears. I would like to see how well those profiles will come out. Of course, I'll share those too if anyone is interested.

Be well!

-David

Bump for these amazing profiles. These are definitely my favourite vintage Marshall profiles. And the nice thing is that the amp profiles works also really well with my favourite cabinets. Big thank you for Slapswan, I think you have managed to capture the soul of Super Bass.

Do I dare to ask some more profiles of your magical amp?

-Jari

Thanks. The feedback is appreciated. :)

My profiler took a swan dive onto a cement floor during my last profiling session, so I am working on getting that repaired. After that, more profiles will follow. :)

Thanks both for the feedback. I will have to double check the details of my warranty, but I believe it has expired, as I bought it over 2 years ago. If that turns out the to be the case, it may be worth it to see if I can fix it myself. I checked in with one of the only two service centers in the US. I would have to ship it 3,000 miles to CA, then pay $110/hr labor, plus parts. If it happens to just to be a component out of socket, that would be a very expensive fix. Time to check the details of that warranty to see if it is worth protecting...

Hello fellow Kemperites,

While capturing some new profiles, my KPA fell about 3 feet unto the floor. It never lost power, but audio cut out. All cables remained connected. I powered off normally, but now when I power on the device, it hangs on the boot up screen. Specifically: the device appears to boot up normally (i.e. the progress bar slowly increases towards the right); however, as the progress bar is complete the display just hangs.

After reading another thread, I tried to boot from a usb stick containing the current kaos file in the root directory, but with the same result.

Does anyone have any other tips, or is it time to send it in for servicing? Hoping to have it working in time for Saturday's gig...

-David

To transfer performances between the local library and the My Profiler location you need to open a second window and drag between the two windows. One window should show the local library list of performances and the other one the My Profiler performances list.
    This is not a bug but by design. If you could drag performances on the closed My Profiler location you would not be able to determine where in the list the performance would end up.

Thanks, hjscheffler. I am attempting to do exactly what you describe, but this is failing over half of the time on my system. The after restarting Rig Manager, I am again able to transfer between the two open windows.

Hey folks,

Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed and clarified. I can't seem to find that thread, if it's the case.

Anyway, just installed Rig Manager 1.5 here, and I have been putting it through the paces. I am very happy with the new Performance features that it has. That said, I have been unable to copy performances that I have created in the Local Library into Myprofiler. From what I can find, the current Rig Manager manual does not discuss this operation. I would think this would be a drag and drop process, but this is not being allowed. What am I missing here?

Thx a lot for this profiles, I've been testing the clean and leads on the only guitar I got ATM ( Ibanez artist hollowbody) , I love the clean , superb job on this profiling session. This clean one is perfect for vintage , blues , funk & dirty tones, with a lil bit of gain.

Please upload them on the rig exchange or do a zip pack, they are really worth it.

Thanks waraba! I am glad you like them.

All the profiles are now on the exchange under the name Plexi-B.

TThank you very much! Can't wait to try these. I grew up with Duane and Greg, in Florida, and have remained a big fan

Cool! Let me know how like them.

I suggest starting with Lead 3 and Lead 4. Those profiles are the closest that I could match with Duane's live tone using my reissue '59 Les Paul with PAF's. Also, with those settings the amp cleans up really nicely when you back off on the volume just a bit. :)