Posts by indravayu

Thanks for listening, folks, and for the kind words!

Nevermind, after looking it up, I see that it was a Transonic on the main riff and the Marshall on the solo.

Yeah, I have seen this on the Web, too. Page said in an old interview that he used the LP and Marshall for the solo (which was recorded in a different studio from the rhythm tracks) and Dan Torres says that he was present for one of the Heartbreaker sessions and saw Page using a Transonic for the rhythm parts. I am going to have to listen to the isolated guitar parts again - to my ears, the tone on the rhythm track that I used (I think there is another rhythm track, in addition to the solo track) sounded really close to Soundside's Plexi profile, so I could swear it was a Marshall. Perhaps the other rhythm track (if I am not imagining things - will check when I get home later) is the Transonic? Trying to figure out Page's studio gear can be really difficult! :)

So, a couple weeks ago I downloaded Soundside.de's excellent JMP 1959 HW profile and last night I decided to try a little tone test, matching my skills against the great Jimmy Page (who was, I believe, using a Plexi on the tune I chose). Here is the result - Jimmy's on the left (I think he used his '59 Les Paul on this) and I am on the right (2000 Gibson Custom Shop SG). Jimmy's guitar track was taken from one of those isolated guitar tracks floating around the web (taken from one of the guitar player video games, I believe).

My chain was
    Kemper w/Soundside.de JMP 1959 HW profile
    Daking MicPre One
    ART Pro VLA
    Ross Martin PCM 4222 ADC
    RME AIO HDSPe
    Cakewalk Sonar X3
    Slate VCC
    UAD 1176, EMT 140, API 560, Ampex, Pultec HPF/LPF

How'd I do?

Soundcloud: Zep Tone Test: Heartbreaker

Armin, your JMP 1959 HW profile is currently my favorite Kemper profile - really fantastic job on that!

I would love to hear what you could do with some vintage Magnatone amps.

Also, please consider some more bass profiles - it would be awesome to have a top notch Ampeg SVT profile, or maybe an Orange AD200 (recorded with something like an AKG D20)!

Wow. Have you ever created anything in your life? Let's say you were an author and wrote an awesome novel that people all around the world wanted to buy and read - would you be cool with me copying the entire thing, putting my name on the cover, and then selling it myself? I mean, you'd just have to adapt, right?!

LOL.