Posts by Symzie

At the risk of stating the obvious, unless someone has the same pickup, and the same distance from the pickup to the strings, there will be a difference in gain. The pickup can be adjusted, or, much easier, the Gain of the Profile can be adjusted,

Of course, but I have the old Top Jimi profiles and the gain is correct.

I'm using a Thornbucker on a Les Paul. I'm not comparing my sound to EVH, I'm comparing my sound with the old TJ profiles to my sound with the new TJ profiles. The OP's video also sounds like the gain is just a little too low, but well played. The new profiles are also very trebley compared to most other profiles. I suppose what I'm saying is that the new set doesnt seem like an improvement on the old ones.

awesome. sounds very close. but it does sound like the gain is just a little too low. Doesnt have the full thickness and saturation as the original. Not far off though. jst slightly more gain. Just my opinion.

I have just loaded them today. I had the original Top Jimi pack and was curious. I am surprised at how low the gain is on this new pack. It sounds like a nice Marshall sound but on single string riffs like Aint Talking bout Love, Beautiful Girls, it's too low, even on the highest gain rigs in the pack. Even so, some nice tones and very close to the sound of the origial but for the gain.

Thanks - but still no joy

The reamp track is now recording another clean track. It's obviously not going through the Kemper.

I found your video on youtube and tried following it. I think I'm actually more confused now than I was before I watched it 8| :)

Why do you reroute the inputs on the tracks that have already been recorded?

I have recorded a clean track along with the affected track. As I understand it, I need set this track to output to SPDIF then create a new track with its input set to SPDIF. Is that right?

I think the problem might lie with me not understanding Focusurite mix control

There's no SPDIF left or right.

I've created one stereo input SPDIF bus and one stereo output SPIDF bus

Cubase DI track >> SPDIF Out on interface >> SPDIF In on Kemper >> SPDIF Out on Kemper >> SPDIF In on interface >> Cubase Re-amp track

There's obviously a loop going on somewhere but I can't figure out where.

Thanks

OK, done that and it's feeding back

I've got SPDIF out on interface connected to SPDIF in on Kemper

I've got SPDIF in on interface connected to SPDIF out on Kemper

On the clean track I've got it to output to SPDIF output

On the reamp track I've set it to input from the SPDIF input

Does that sound right?

"Input Source" has the SPDIF setting now. If you put on "SPDIF Reamp", it'll let you use the front input normally unless a SPDIF signal from your interface is detected.

Would someone mind explaining this, please?

I've set up as per instructions but I cannot get the clean track to go through the reamp track. I think Cubase is set correctly

When I select Input on the Kemper there is no SPDIF option

All good here. So far it's taken about 30 minutes to get about half of the Rig Exchange downloaded.

Been playing with it. It's awesome. It makes it so much easier to find, organise and load rigs.