Posts by PhilUK84

I'm speaking to my friends the same way as you, I suppose. ;)

And there would still be a collective "experiencing a concert event", just a bit different.

Just thinking outside the box and the technical possibilities to achieve my outlined scenario are just around the corner.

Reminds me of a silent disco. You take the headphones out and there’s few dozen people singing out of tune at the top of their lungs and that’s it. ?

I hope I'll see Kempers implemented in venues I play at before I retire from gigging.

Seriously, this is the future IMO plus in-ear-monitoring not only for musicians but for the audience as well.

How you gonna speak to your friends? It seems like a very isolated, anti social experience.

Not for me.

A great many people who use the internet do not have a computer other than their phone, especially in developing countries. The heaviest users are the young and their main sites are social media. Anyone using a KPA needs a computer to upate the KPA OS and to use Rig Manager. So everybody here (ie registered users) has at least access to a computer and may well use the forum from the same computer that runs Rig Manager and that they access the user downloads from Rig Exchange and Kemper support. The 78% stat is not relevant to this user group.

Sure. no one is saying that people don’t have both, or they don’t use a computer too, but how many of those laptops or computers use built in speakers?

I see nothing to disprove that most people, not just here, use phones to access platforms, listen to some random A/B and then argue over the sounds they heard on their phone, tablet, or laptop speakers.

I can't remember the last time I accessed this site via anything but my phone.

I know. Everyone uses their phone these days. I checked a government study and it showed that in the UK 78% of all internet access is now done via a smart phone.

I just don’t find the debates based on the judgements that are made through such poor listening devices to be useful.

For critical listening, why use a phone speaker if you have access to monitors?

Exactly. I wouldn’t. And I rarely browse on anything but my phone or tablet, so when these A/B tests come up, I’m not gonna go home and fire up my monitoring setup, or remember to listen to an A/B test hours later where I don’t know the bias of the poster or the way it was really recorded or the possible agenda, so I don’t bother to listen to them.

What I was originally saying was, most people listen through their iPhone speakers and then have 50 pages arguments about what they heard through those shitty speakers, and I can’t see the point of it.

You mentioned "best amp sounds", so I assumed you were referencing audio, in which case you can listen through whatever you want. In terms of convenience though, I find an editor essential, whether it's for the KPA or Axe-Fx, but that's me.

I wouldn’t judge an amp or a clip or anything through the speakers in my phone, is what I’m saying, which is where I’d most likely be listening to those A/B tests, which (with no offence meant) I find largely pointless for me.

I want the unit in my rehearsal space, with my band, or through my monitors at my desk to track guitars with. Anything else doesn’t give me a proper gauge of the thing. :)

In a blind audio test, I'd bet you couldn't tell the difference. I digress, though.

It’s not all about that. Its about what it’s like through monitors in front of me, or behind me with my band. I don’t give much thought to blind tests through iPhone speakers anyway. But you’re right, we digress. ;)

I own both and disagree. Do you (or have you) own(ed) any of the Axe-Fx models? I own the Kemper and have owned the Axe-Fx II(and now the III). I've personally posted numerous blind tests in which I captured the cab section of the Kemper using the Axe-Fx's built-in IR capture utility and compared Axe-Fx amp models to their Kemper profile equivalents using the same cab and the results were made to sound identical. In fact, in some cases I preferred the Axe-Fx II amp models specifically because they didn't exhibit any of the high end raspiness inherent in some Kemper profiles, though one of the advantages of owning a Kemper vs. Axe-Fx (aside from the ability to profile real amps) is having access to amps that aren't otherwise modeled in the Axe-Fx, though the Axe-Fx's Tone Matching feature often does an excellent job of replicating many of them.

Yea I had the Axe FX 2 and an AX8. I always came back to the Kemper, even if some of the effects are lacking.

What I was saying was largely tongue in cheek, but I still stand by my opinion that the Kemper has the best amp sounds of any digital unit available.