Posts by PhilUK84

Have they stated any kind of time frame on this?

Going from the 11R to this and having no GUI type thing is a case of having much better tones, but taking longer to get to them and to edit them. :)

By footswitch I mean, a unit that enables me to switch between profiles and turn the stomp boxes on and off etc.

I have read that the profiles have been updated many times over the last couple of years and actually sound much better than they did. Would you agree with this?

Also, my only other modelling experience is with my Eleven Rack, which I love as a headphone and rough recording tool. I did once try to hook it up to the PA but it took a lot of messing around, so I'm going to use the Kemper as a head into my cab. Is it as simple as plugging it in and turning cabs off in the KPA? It seems quite simple. :)

Hey. Thanks for the replies. The Yamaha is a good option.

Viabcroce - I wouldn't want to use smallish speakers, I'd prefer a nice large cab. I guess speakers and a cab would have the same wattage and output so it's more or less the same thing. But for cosmetic reasons I'd like a traditional looking cab. One that provides the purest tone, so I guess it would be a frfr type cab. :)

Hey all, I'm looking into the Kemper Powerhead quite seriously now and I wanted to ask a few questions about the output that I want to send it to.

Ideally I want to play through a cab as I don't have a PA at home and I don't see the point in buying speakers when I'll need it for band practice. We don't have a PA there and a cab seems like the best option.

When playing live I may well plug into the PA and have a monitor set up.

My questions.

- I would like a 212 cab, can you recommend me some that are perfect for delivering the best tone (general consensus) without colouring it further from the Kempers own model. If possible this cannot be one of the Atomic type cabs because I'll be trading in at my local shop and they wouldn't buy from an independent dealer.

- Is it perfectly fine and would it sound good if I were to use my Orange PPC212 with the Kemper?

- Which is preferable?

Thanks! [Blocked Image: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/images/smilies/smile.gif]