Posts by cnwernerii

Hi Malphie, I use a USB C hub I bought on Amazon to connect USB to my unpowered rack head. I think it was ~ $40, and has an ethernet port as well. I'll go ahead and mention the Kemper iPad app is also working really well with this set up. Good luck!

Just got an 108 myself after depending on monitor mixes (my own) for a couple years. My (former) rationale was why drag more gear than I already am? At the time I got my first Kemper I was lugging both PA and my Bogner Shiva 2 x 12 combo around...and wasn't getting any younger!

I never owned the Yamaha so can't directly compare, but my impression is that for the Headrush 108, Ingolf is spot on: nicely transparent and plenty loud, especially when mixed with with any monitor presence at all. Got to agree, that's a surprisingly huge sound coming out of a such a tiny box!

No hiss at lower volumes, some at high volume, about what I'd expect for a powered speaker at this price point. I did notice the back panel was getting very warm (could till hold my hand against it) after 2 hours of nearly constant playing. Not too worrisome yet, that's probably normal for fanless I guess. Still...I wouldn't leave it unshaded at a gig in the summer sun.

I don't think it really gives an authentic "amp in the room" sensation, but it was shocking to realize how much impact it has on my ability to really PLAY against a dedicated monitor-I love having feedback easily available again!

In retrospect, I don't know what on earth I was thinking not running a dedicated monitor all this time. :)

Cheers!

Nick

Also installed the OS 7.0 on an unpowered rack version with 166 profiles loaded. Went quickly (~20 mins) and smoothly, and functions pretty much as expected.

The only problem I'm having (so far) is that setting up morphing changes doesn't track in real time. By that I mean if I step on the morph button to edit the gain or/or volume boost, I can see the unit respond as usual, but not hear any changes. Once saved, it works normally.

I really like the new RM preset handling and liked the new clipboard feature when copying effects!

Cheers!

Nick

Reluctantly selling my 2015 Toaster after having bought a rack mount this summer. Running spring reverb Beta OS.

The Toaster's been out on a couple of gigs but handled very carefully (some would say lovingly :thumbup: ), it's condition is virtually new though there's a tiny paint defect by the cross. Also, I had to send it in for repair of the Ethernet port, which-as I sadly discovered the day my remote arrived- was loose enough that the remote cable plug would lose connectivity on occasion. That was fixed under warranty and is nice and snug now.

$1400 and will ship anywhere in continental US

Norfolk, VA.