Posts by IGNANTIOS

a DI profile of a Fender deluxe will only sound like a Fender deluxe if connected to the same cab/speaker (in this case the combo itself)
    If you would connect the real Deluxe to a 4x12 V30 cab or similar you would recognize the same "issue"
    the twang comes also from speaker and the construction of a fender deluxe.

ok..
    lets see .This you tube channel doesn't belong to me, a friend of mine asked me to do him a favour and play a couple of licks though his jvm with a cab loaded with v30 (to compare different pickups).Not the best choice for bluesy and twangy things ....but due to the fact that it's a real tube amp i think the twang is there.So for me the think that you mentioned doesn't exist.I repeat i 'm not the owner of that channel , i am only the guitar player(the video might clipping in some parts).

@Mr Kemper thanks for spending your precious time on a thread like this.In order to answer our questions(worries). yes i have profiled my deluxe amp.Most important is that i profiled only the pre amp and then use the profile of the kemper connected to the return of my deluxe and other ss amp but the twang was gone. I have used many di profiles(including mine) from clean fender amps with previous firmwares and the new one but i couldn't manage to recreate that twangy sound that i 'm in love with.Anyway i don't want to bother the community anymore with my observations anymore since as i can see there are only few members here who share the same opinion with me.(that we lose certain parts from the unique sound.) That is just my humble opinion i might be wrong or my ability of hearing is totally flawed.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i totally agree too......I can't find a clean profile to sound decent....or close enough to my deluxe.Every clean profile that i hear with the new method(i don't care about studio profiles ,i use real amp and cabinet.) has always gain in it's sound(no matter what) there is no twang at all.....and in comparison with my real fender amp loses every battle.The distorted profiles have the characteritic that sinmix and mdeerock claim.Kemper might do a great job direct to a p.a but for a real amp and cabinet.....nope.I have thought several times to sell the unit but something kept me away from doing it cause i thought with the new method the problem will be solved....but for me nope.

tested the first profiles in this thread with one specific microphone (i can't recall it's name) and then i tested the profiles with the tsm m57 microphone. ...i used them with a power amp and a real cab.Since i use only the direct part (cab off)can someone explain to me why there is difference in sound between those profiles. The profiles with the tsm are brighter .Shouldn't they sound the same since the microphone affects the sound of the studio profile and not the direct profile?

ok this is how it woks (my presumption).You made a profile with the new method with your cabinet which is let's say a 4x12.You test the real amp with that 4x12 and then you test the profile with that specific cab or a similar 4x12. Results:happy user amazing ,sounds identical.Ok lets say we have a mathematical equation which has been approved (x for amp + y for cab=z interaction final sound.) Now i download your specific profile which has been done with your 4x12 and i plan to use it with my 1x12. Now we have problems. Kemper tries to" reassure " the equation that has faithfully learnt from the profile but it can't so in order to be adjusted to the new equation gives more treble , less bass etc so the cab that you are affiliated with goes away.In other words bye bye. That's it.For me kemper doesn't sound well with a real cab imo.

i still remember those old days when there where some users complaining about how kemper sounded with a real cab and a power amp(strange frequencies, not clear seperation).Remember the days with the cab driver. There were suggestions to use only di profiles or pre amp profiles which also led to unsatisfactory results .I also remember the answers that these users were getting. :"Noooooo it sounds like a dream.....wonderful, there must be something wrong with you or your power amp etc."And then suddenly we all accepted the fact that something didn't work properly.

the thread is called "Direct Profiling - Who's selling their amps?" I"m about to order an amplifier for my kpa and this statement made me rethink the whole project. If 180 watt seem to be inefficient in some cases(as you explained) then i' m out of the game.I think that's the reason for the built in poweramp of kemper being 600 watt and not only due to it's ability to be used as bass amplifier.

With the clean profiles i have: Yes.
    With the hi gain profiles i got up to now (Thumas, Deadlight, Sinmix), there's not enough power with my camplifier 360 and Marshall 1960AV. That's 2x180 watts into 2x8 Ohms. On room volume everything sounds nice but doesn't push. To keep up with my drummer i have to crank rigs to 3 o clock, KPA master to 10 of 10 and the camplifier to 9 of ten. Then it pushes. But doesn't sound nice anymore. So high gain 'direct amp profiles' don't seem to push out much level. Therefore we'll need loads of power to make it happen for high gain with a drummer and a real cab. Maybe Kempers own powerrack is enough. Does somebody know? Better would be more loudness in high gain profiles, so i can keep my camplifier, but i don't know if that can be done...
    Another thing is that amplifying a weak signal makes things noisy. So the high gain profiles i have are very touch sensitive and produce unwanted noise easily. They are hard to handle, not what i call a clear and direct metal bite.
    I'm gonna have to wait what future brings, but right now any 50 watts tube head i know could blow my Kemper away easily.
    On FOH or with studio monitors the KPA is still unbeatable, of course.

ooppssss and i was about to order the camplifier 180 being convinced that it can serve the purpose well.To answer the first question nope it can't replace my deluxe...not convinced yet ....

@ sinmix
    i don't care mate .....i am not here to argue with anybody. i have more serious problems in my life .Apart from that everybody perceives things differently. I own the unit 2years and never bothered to state my opinion just to avoid things similar to this.

I struggle to believe that there are women out there who think I'm ugly....can handle another socking debate for myself. :D