Posts by LiamThompson

Yeah I'm looking into how easy it is to jumper/short these diodes myself with either the switch as the guy in the video has done or use a 1Meg pot like the JSX has to dial it in or out. If not I know a guy who custom builds amps just a couple of miles away who used to work for Marshall and will probably take him 30 minutes to install these mods. I assume that a wire across the two diodes is enough to short it temporarily while profiling from what I make of the schematics???

Just ordered a cheap Behringer Ultra GI 100 last night should arrive tomorrow. I know with that noise circuit intact I can't get anything usable without cranking the definition up full blast to 10.0, but the initial results are nothing at all like the sound that comes out the actual amp to the cab, Sounds like a very muddy digital fizz, almost like a distortion pedal direct into desk.

I'm not sure how the Peavey noise circuit effects profiling with a mic and cab the traditional way, never tried yet.

Thanks for the clairification, just went through the manual and it is advertised as a line out pre-power amp and post preamp, so it does not appear to have speaker emulation of any kind. Still, if you A/B profiling with the line out vis-a-vis a DI box, you might notice some differences, but what do I know?

The definitive answer of course is Thumas', you'll have to get that annoying noise gate out of the way to profile accurately.

From the manual:
    (26) LINE OUT
    This 1/4" mono (TS) jack provides a post-power amp signal to drive another power
    amp/speaker system while maintaining the amplifier’s tone.

Yeah will give it a go that way as well, I'm sure I tried this before months ago with the same results.

Definitely need to get that noise circuitry removed at least temporarily, can't find any guides that could show someone with basic electronic skills and understanding to follow how to do this, just complex circuit diagrams which are a bit above me. Luckily I know a bespoke amp manufacture who could sort this for me.

This makes a lot of sense now, and yes the Triple XXX is based around the Ultra, so I know you are bang on the money with your answer. That would also explain why every now and again the Kemper would say I have a noise gate turned on when profiling, although this only happened on the odd occasion I had a tube screamer running in the front end so I assumed it was that giving the "false" noise gate warning.

I'll take a good read through the post. Thanks for the help.

I cannot get a good distorted direct out profile from my Peavey Triple XXX no matter what I try.

The Triple XXX has a dedicated Line Out (Post Power Amp), I have also tried profiling just the pre-amp from the FX Send as well with no better results.

I am using the Powerhead Version with the built in power amp

I have tried:-
    -Multiple different EQ settings on the amp
    -Master volume high, channel volume low and vice versa
    -Master volume low and channel volume low
    -Master volume high and channel volume high
    -Line out on 10, profiler level input low so in the green
    -Line out half was or lower, higher profiler input level also in the green
    -Tube screamer clean boosting the front
    -Straight in amp no boost
    -With refining
    -Without refining
    -Refining with boost still connected and on
    -Refining with boost off

My chain is guitar > cable > Kemper > Direct Out > Input Amp > Dedicated Line Out > Return Input
    I have my cab connected to the amp for load and for obviously dialling in the amp.

Once I have profiled the direct out and done the refining (or not) I listen to the result from the Kemper and it sounds quite like you would expect from the D.I. with no power amp, very fizzy but this is also very muddy, basically sounds nothing like my amp at all.

The definition is usually set at 0.0 after profiling never above 2.1 and that is rare. If I raise the definition to above 9.0 and the clarity to around 1.0 the profile becomes usable, and in some case quite good, especially after a little EQ in the stack section but still doesn't really sound like the amp into the cab, which I gather this way is supposed to do.

Firmware wise I was on 2.7.3 beta and I made several more attempts to profile the DI from this amp with no great success. I then upgraded to the latest Public Test 2.8 with the new profiling method enabled via system page 8 soft button 4 and profiled the exact same settings as soon as the firmware was installed and while there was a definite minor improvement especially once I had really adjusted the definition from 2.1 to 10.0 afterwards it still doesn't really sound like the amp.

The exact words from the latest firmware documentation are: "Done! The Profiler will produce the identical sound with your guitar speaker as your tube amp does."

Now I've heard some excellent DI profiles and used a fair few so we all know it can work with great success, but does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong for me or experienced something similar, I have looked back and read numerous guides/wiki etc but cannot suss this out.

Could it be the Triple XXX DI doesn't profile well?
    Would I get the correct results placing a dedicated DI between the amp head and the cab and sending that to the return of the Kemper for profiling?

Thanks in advanced for any help
    Liam

OK first of all I'll post links to the original thread I found the solution on, as I can't really take credit for this fix as Kemper support gave it to a user in this thread:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.p…=13276&pageNo=3

My detailed instructions I wrote up in another post yesterday are here right towards the bottom of the thread:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…&postID=159880#post159880

What I would try first is the "Initialize/Checking Boot" method as I believe you shouldn't need to go the whole way and start deleting the Kemper databases stored on Windows as you say the enteries in Rig Manager look correct and the issue you have is in the amp itself.

Hold down the RIG soft key and turn the Kemper onto BROWSER mode whilst still holding down the RIG soft key while the Kemper is booting. After about 15 seconds the Kemper will say in small text INITIALISING RIGS, you can now leave go of the RIG key. The Kemper will the show you on the LCD that it is checking all performances and rigs i.e. CHECKING RIGS 225 OF 650 or however many rigs you have saved. It will go through checking tonestacks etc and so on till all variables have been checked. Then the Kemper will have booted displaying an "Intialised Rig" rather than your last used rig. That's it nothing has been deleted apart from the dead entries that were causing the sync issues. Your Kemper should now sync in a matter of seconds.

Hope this helps.

I plus loads of users have had similar issues as yours, i.e amps/cabs that have been deleted in Rig Manager showing on the Kemper after they have been deleted and when you select them it "plays" the sound of the last valid rig you were using not what you selected. Give me a couple of seconds to dig out the post I typed up to someone with the same issue last night.

OK I finally found the post and I think this will help you.
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…d&threadID=13276&pageNo=3

I'm certain the slowness of the Rig Manager syncing and the "fragments" of deleted rigs being left over in menus after deletion in Rig Manager, such as cabs and amps that although are there by name don't actually do anything when selected any more and that also don't appear in Rig Manager's My Profile list can be fixed following some instructions a user called lavigie received via Kemper Support.

Yesterday I deleted all the Kemper Rig Manager database files from my pc and let Rig manager recreate them during a 15 minute or so re-syncing I still had old "dead" amps and cabs available in menus on the actual amp.

How I fixed this was as said in the linked thread:
    Hold down the RIG soft key and turn the Kemper onto BROWSER mode whilst still holding down the RIG soft key while the Kemper is booting. After about 15 seconds the Kemper will say in small text INITIALISING RIGS, you can now leave go of the RIG key. The Kemper will the show you on the LCD that it is checking all performances and rigs i.e. CHECKING RIGS 225 OF 650 or however many rigs you have saved. It will go through checking tonestacks etc and so on till all variables have been checked. Then the Kemper will have booted displaying an "Intialised Rig" rather than your last used rig. That's it nothing has been deleted apart from the dead entries that were causing the sync issues. Your Kemper should now sync in a matter of seconds.

I tried to recreate the "fragments left" scenario by adding new rigs then deleting them in Rig Manager but now my Kemper seems to behaving as it should and the rig is removed fully when deleted. No doubt sooner or later after a large deletion of rigs this problem will rear itself again but at least we now know how to solve it.

Hopefully this will work for you no problem as well.

Yeah I have the same issue, I read a guide somewhere and I can't find it anywhere again that got this issue fixed for me. I remember it involved deleting database files from the Kemper folders in Windows and also booting up the Kemper a certain way then making some adjustments there. I remember eventually I had to also delete all traces of Rig Manager the folders, databases the lot for from my computer and re-install on top of whatever the guide said regarding the actual amp.

Basically my problem is the same, delete rigs from Rig Manager and afterwards syncing works really slow although not the be all and end all but the main issue is the rigs are still in the menus but no sound changes ie the last non-deleted rig is the sound that is played if you select a "deleted" rig that is still present in the menus and after a few seconds when the LCD reverts to the main rig details it shows the last working profile in the menu, hope that makes sense. Its a pain that you can't just delete from Rig Manager and have it all sync up correctly without leaving the fragments you mention.