Posts by PCB

I previously posted the following, but have since halved the value of the fixed resistor from 27k to 13.5k.

Measuring the midi values on the KPA for equal increments of the pedal the response is even closer to linear and feels totally useable.

app

Ordered 15 January 2015 from the UK :)
    Paid via PayPal so Kemper has already been paid.
    Hoped this would speed things up.
    Exchange rate has gone against me since. Doh!
    Kemper store says "Your order has not been processed yet"
    There's a hole in my pocket. :(

I think EB offers a 25k version of that pedal, and likely offers 25k replacement pots.

BTW - I can give you half as much reason to get a DVP3 as Ingolf and Raoul23:
    I use one of them, not two (I don't use a "full time" volume pedal)

Hi Paults

I think the 25k EB JR pedal is still an audio taper, but thank you for your thoughtful input.

I lean towards using one DVP3 for volume and wah, so Its great to hear that you have successfully taken that route.

thanks again

Paul :)

Ingolf and Raoul3 say they have the DVP3 (x2). I will therefore buy the DVP3!

In an earlier post on this thread I have said how I like an Ernie Ball Junior 250k volume pedal (EB JR250k) used as an expression pedal via a resistor modified "Y"cable. I have checked this setup via a crude measure of pedal deflection against midi values and I can see it is not as linear as It feels. So I will carry out a comparison when I get the DVP3. Meanwhile I have to confess that I love the design of the EB JR 250k with single section Ali shell and treadle. All I really need is a replacement linear potentiometer and I wIll achieve my objective. Has anyone else achieved this?

Help?

If I buy a dedicated expression pedal it seems to be between the Mission EP1-KP or the Dunlop DVP 3?

The mission has the toe switch but I am not keen on the side entry jack, taking up more floor space. The Dunlop has front entry jacks. Presumably, both of these pedals work well with the KPA as expression pedals. Which one should I order?

Paul

Sorry to repeat this again (no pun intended):

"Hank B Marvin (complex multi head delays"

I enjoy playing and performing Shadows instrumentals. A Stratocaster bridge pickup into a clean AC30 is spot on but I cannot get the complex multi tap delays from the KPA that create the Hank B Marvin signature sounds except the simplest (Apache), but the multiple tap of "Wonderful Land" cannot be realistically achieved with the KPA.

I really need a vintage multi head delay effect to achieve this sound signature eg Binson, Meazzi Echomatic, Watkins Copycat, Vox Long Tom, Roland Space Echo.

I know I can hook a pedal into the effects loop, but that is more gear and more cost for an effect which the KPA really should really be able to deliver.

Even the much maligned HD500 has a 4 head delay effect which could be used in 2 slots in series or in parallel to achieve the equivalent of 8 heads and complex delay patterns. I remain very disappointed with this aspect of the KPA.

I have used a "Y" cable, the 2 mono jacks go into the "in" and "out" jack sockets of my EB Jr 250k volume pedal and the stereo jack into the KPA (and later into my remote). Inside the stereo jack casing I soldered a tiny 27k resistor between the tip and the ring contacts. This brings the maximum resistance seen by the KPA down to about 24k, which is within the KPA impedance range as against the standard 250k which is presented by the pedal without this modification and well outside the KPA range.

I think the resistor could also be put inside the pedal across a stereo jack socket in place of the existing tuner jack socket. Then an ordinary TRS cable could be used instead of the "Y" cable. (EDIT: The stereo jack socket would need to be the "switched" type, so that the resistor would be out of circuit when the stereo socket was not in use).

The pedal of course also remains quite useable as an analogue volume control and the whole cost has been about £5 (Great British Pounds) for both the cable and the resistor.

I am pleased with the full range result for volume control and wha. The potentiometer inside the pedal is an audio taper where an expression pedal would have a linear taper. I believe the additional resistor in the "Y" cable modifies the analogue taper and gives useable control over the whole pedal movement.

Paul

On the question of cheap calls, you can Skype to an international phone number at very little cost. Maybe the same with apple face to face?

I exported data from rig manager to Excel using Windows 7 64 bit as follows.
    Go to /Users/<yourname>/AppData/Local/Kemper Amps/RigManager.
    I created a back up at this point and used the back up files to export to Excel as follows:
    Within the RigManager folder you will see two .db files one is the Rig Exchange database and the other is your profiler database.
    I used a "sqlitebrowser" this is a freeware database browser that will open the underlying table and allows you to export tthe file to a ,csv format which Excel can read and you can save as an excel file.
    I believe you can also use MS Access 2010 or later but I only have an older version.
    Within the RigManager folder you will also see a Local Library folders. This is where I keep my Amp Factory rigs with separate folders for each bundle.
    Each underlying folder contains the relevant .db file which can be exported to excel as above.

The remote is on a 70 day delivery, so presumably 3.00 should arrive by then at the latest. On another thread Gstring said that they (Kemper) were still working on the midi aspects of the remote, so I don't think we will see 3.00 for a couple of months or so.

Hi Robrecht
    Thanks for clarifying.
    You are right. I think here in UK the delivery service will find me provided they have the post code, somewhere on the label!
    I would still like to get some idea though, of whether early birds can expect a faster delivery than 70 days.
    Thanks,
    Paul

I've placed my order for the remote from my home in the UK through the international store (English) using PayPal.
    The price was 507 Euro including 8 Euro delivery which translated to £408.70 (GB Pounds).
    Using PayPal means that Kemper Gmbh have actually got my money now, but at least I know the exact cost without gambling for or against future exchange rates if payment was deferred
    With a delivery quoted on their website of 70 days I reckon that will be 26 March 2015.
    The delivery address was in the wrong format so I messed about with the input to get things in order for the DHL delivery man.
    I will keep an eye on my account, because if Kemper correct their format problem then my input will produce garbage!

I hope delivery can be improved on by the fact that I am a registered early bird, but nothing on the website asked for confirmation of this or directed me to a special page.
    Can Kemper please enlighten me (and other forum members) on the early bird process and possible correction of the muddled address format by responding on this thread?

I will now sell my HD500 and hope to raise maybe £200?
    I will also sell my FCB1010 (EurekaPROM2) maybe raise £70?

Not sure my busking will raise the £138 shortfall.
    Possibly have to sell my body ;) !
    Paul

UK price looks like £390 (Inc. VAT) at today's exchange rates.
    Plus delivery cost?
    I will also need a short ethernet cable.
    Press release refers to Kemper website for more details, but I can't find anything there.
    Exact dimensions would be very helpful.

HD500 and FCB for sale.

Hi Andy,

I have purchased and downloaded the Pick n Mix 30 pack and moved the files into Rig Manager without a hitch. I have also downloaded "Wreck n Roll" but I have not had time yet to unzip the download during the festivities.

The query is that I am running o/s 2.7.3 but plan to upgrade to 2.7.4. If I upgrade the o/s should I also update my custom shop downloads?

Thanks,
    Paul