Posts by PCB

Yesterday I backed up the profiler and deleted about 200 rigs from it using Rig Manager. The next time I booted up the Profiler and launched Rig Manager, the syncing process started and went on for about 40 minutes. When the process finished the Rig Manager said there were 540 rigs on the Profiler. If I scrolled through the rigs on the profiler it said that I had 740 rigs e.g. "650 of 740 rigs" etc.

I had already read of the problem on this thread so I took a copy of the DebugLog.txt file and also ran a backup of the profiler using a USB stick. I copied the backup file to my PC with a view to sending it and the log to Kemper Support to help them identify and fix this problem. I then noticed that the new backup file was only 2/3 the size of the backup file I had taken before deleting the 200 rigs! I unzipped the file and saw it only had 540 rigs in it!

So I immediately restored the new back up file to the Profiler and "Hey Presto" only 540 rigs were restored and when I relaunched Rig Manager the syncing process was a only a matter of seconds! My profiler did not crash at any stage.

Hopefully this information will help solve the problem of prolonged syncing. I still have the text and backup file if they are of use to Kemper Support.

The reason for wanting the foot controller facility within the midi app is to enable me to connect my old HD500 via the iPad, and make the HD500 more versatile, by re mapping it's midi messages.

Hopefully this will allow 128 program changes instead of its limit of 64. I would hope to remap program change 0 = 64, 1 = 65, 2 = 66 and so on. This would enable maximum use of the pedal in the KPA browse mode.

If I could make that work, I would then try alternative re mapping to enable the use of the HD500 to control the KPA in performance mode

Thanks again
    Paul

Hi McRalfix

You addressed the iPad/KPA controller question long before I did, and I have a lot to learn.

I will look at TBMS and, if possible, the KPA templates which have already been developed.

Just a couple of questions though.

1. Does TBMS enable a foot controller link to the KPA via the iPad (as I believe Midi Designer does) and
    2. Has there been any further TBMS development regrading bi directional midi communication with the KPA?

Meanwhile,
    Many thanks for your reply
    Paul

Is anyone using the Midi Designer app on iPad to control the Kemper? You need to have an iPad plus an additional midi interface (eg IK Multimedia iRig) £40 (min) plus the cost of the app £14. (UK pounds)

In addition to the iPad giving direct control of the Kemper for those of us using an HD500 (or similar legacy pedalboard) Midi Designer has a pedalboard interface which I believe can remap midi messages from the pedal via the iPad to the Kemper. This function should give access to all 127 rigs in Kemper browse mode from the HD500 and potential access to performances and slots in Kemper performance mode.

This is all based on playing with the free version of Midi Designer, watching the you tube demos and downloading similar control layouts from the Midi Designer website. I do not yet have the hardware midi interface, so no hard evidence yet.

So if there is anyone out there with hands on Midi Designer experience who could confirm deny or expand these ideas, your advice would be greatly appreciated, before I decide to buy the full app and interface and start my own development. All comments of course welcome from all interested forum members.

Many thanks in anticipation,
    Paul

Hi everyone (6000+ forum members). My name is Paul I am retired and live in North Kent, England, (10 miles south of London). I bought my Black Face lunchbox (preamp) from Andertons 3 weeks ago and I am delighted with it.

I am playing the Kemper through a Bose L1 Compact and for me this is ideal. I am an amateur musician. My music is 60s & 70s pop and rock, folk music and some chord work for a few jazz standards, plus some vocals.

My instruments include Strat, Les Paul, Martin J40M, Hathway Mandolin and a 19th century Fiddle. My wife sings and plays acoustic guitar. We belong to a local guitar club and run a "Singing for Pleasure" group of about 38 people.

I spent months trying to get that elusive valve (tube) tone from a Line 6 HD500 and never achieved it. The Kemper nails those tones in abundance so I plan to use the HD500 as a midi foot controller for the Kemper pending something better.

I have already browsed this forum and the wikpa a lot and feel I already know some of you. Thank you all for the help these great resources have given me.

Today the sun is shining here in the UK, so no rainy excuse to play Kemper ......................or shall I?

I feel myself being led, once again, into the path of "Kemptation"

Paul.