Posts by larret

I've got a pair of HS5 and HS8S at home. Tell you what, I'll hook them up and check my reliable AC15 profiles through the Laney cab and the monitors. Will keep you posted mate.

So, it's damn loud. At home I didn't have courage to increase the volume above 2/10 and the sound was maaaassive. At the rehearsal 4 was more than enough to cope with our drummer's blood-sweat-and-tears mode.
    I really like how the cab sounds with my Bassman, Twin or Supro profiles, sounded full, clear, simply impeccable. I'm also convinced by sound of some of heavy gain profiles; 5150 and dual rec sounded great.
    I did not test the 1x12 and 4x12 emulation.

My verdict is, this frfr cab is huge value for the money. Huge.

And it actually looks like a cab, a heavy one, but a cab nevertheless.

Plus I'll bet HF trim will come in handy, nice way to deal with a room's acoustics without touching your profiles.

Initial thoughts.

I like it. A lot. Compared to Friedman ASM12, Matrix FR10 or studio monitors, it's relatively transparent. A little bit boomy perhaps, but nothing you can't fix via KPA's output section. No audible hiss! Yep, that's right! Also, no radiator back so hopefully I will not be getting burned after a gig anymore. Not sure how it sounds with some heavier profiles as 9 PM is not the best time to test my neighbors' patience. However, I'm definitely going to keep it. In fact, with that price I'm already thinking about buying another one. That's a darn good value for the price.

Will put it to a serious test on the next rehearsal, including other modes of the unit (1x12 and 4x12 cab emulation). Cons... it's a wee bit heavy, but still a feather compared to Friedman. Plus I'm already missing loudness correction DSP mode which I had in Matrix.

12" driver LF-436EH
    1" Lavoce DF10 Compression Driver

EDIT: That's interesting. The driver is apparently manufactured by HH Electronics!

Hi folks. Whenever I play with my band I hook up KPA unit to Yamaha DXR10, which sounds pretty well. At home, however, I practice with a pair of Yamaha HS5 studio monitors with a subwoofer HS8S (bought used units but for a bargain price!). It's really up to a profile but HS5 + HS8S can sound fantastic. In my opinion DXR10 doesn't sound so transparent as HS5+HS8S. However...

I've wondered, how FRFR cabinets such as Friedman ASC (or wedge ASM), Matrix FR (so light!), compare with studio monitors. Sadly, there's no FRFR cab available anywhere around my city and I'd like to see what you guys think about it. Is it actually worth getting FRFR cab? In terms of transparency I'll bet such FRFR cab sounds killer compared with DXR10 but is it any better than set of studio monitors?

Hindu meets the pagans.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is there any way to quantize a Remote's started loop with Beat Buddy's measure? I've found some long dead threads here but seems like no one really accomplished it. I'd basically need the looper to probably send particular CC code to trigger Beat Buddy's measure, or perharps do it the other way around...

Any thoughts?

Hold on a sec... So you're telling me the only way a profile change can be saved is by doing this via Save option? Naaah, that's not right. My Kemper somehow automatically saves every change I make. Is this a bug, or a feature...?

Aye, that's right. Doesn't matter he is only 2 years old. Today morning he and his 4 years old brother broke into the forbidden room. The room. The most important room at home, being zealously guarded by a pile of boxes. Every single profile got tweaked in ways you can't imagine. Or can you? I must admit though, two or three profiles do sound great now :thumbup: . Makes me proud :)