Posts by emfrank72

It would be awesome if the Kemper's tuner had different sweetened tuning modes. For me a Buzz Feiten tuning setting would really complete my set up.

After a search I haven't seen any mention of this since 2016 so I thought I'd bring it up again. That or maybe it is in there I just didn't notice it.

I recently updated to 4.02 and have noticed a huge lag when switching between performances and even between some patches in the same performance. I will stick with it for now and hope an update comes soon. A lot of my delay setting are messed up now which isn't that much of a surprise since a lot was done with the delays. I have also noticed that changing the delay mix on one patch in a performance seemed to affect the delay mix in another patch. Could have been something else though so I am not sure about that one yet.

Michael, I tried to purchase some of the new mini packs but kept getting errors when adding to cart. Just thought I'd let you know. I'll check again in a couple of days as I have the rest of your packs. Thanks for all you do.

Thanks. I just did some checking and indeed my clean sense was -9 and my distortion sense was -6. It looks like I can save these setting per performance. I originally messed with these setting because I was always getting occasional red lights on the output. I am going to set both to 0 for a while (and lock it) and see how much that is going to affect my patches. I can already tell that I will have to adjust some volumes or maybe just start over.

I was using the Kemper in a recording session today. I thought it might be handy to create a performance to store some amp settings we were using so we could easily AB a few settings or go back and forth between rhythm and lead for several songs. We would first search for a sound in Browser mode and then record a part with it. I then went into Performance mode and loaded that profile into slot 1. Afterwards, I went back to Browser mode to make sure I had picked the right profile. That is when I noticed that the same profile was considerably louder in Browser mode than Performance mode. Is this normal? Is there a setting to adjust this? Has anyone else ran into this?

How long does it take to go from the ready to ship email until it actually ships? Kemper has charged my credit card but it just still says ready to ship for last couple of days. I may be a little impatient but don't send me an email saying my unit is ready to ship and then not ship it. I prefer the type that says it has shipped and here is your tracking number. Oh well. Hopefully not too much longer.

I have updated and noticed a couple of problems. The minor issue is that the tuner doesn't show what note it is tuning at startup. It works fine when going from a performance back to tuner. The biggest issue is random static and digital noise when going between slots in a performance. That seems to be related to the number of effects turning on and off in the slots. It also makes a lot of noise going between performances. I haven't noticed it as much when in browser mode but then again I spend almost all of my time in performance mode.

I'm also getting weird sounds when switching between slots in a performance. Most times it is like a very short burst of static but if I am going from a slot without delay to a slot with delay I get a longer digital low bit rate type sound. With further testing it seems to be worse depending upon how many effects are turning on and off.

My order was January 14th and I got Week 14 March 30th. I was hoping for sooner but I will have to wait. I just hope it doesn't take too long to get here. I have a gig April 11th I'd like to use it but am guessing that might be a bit optimistic.

Not totally sure I'd do that - it's probably just a display issue on their store - and you want the right things in the right fields in Kemper's database. I kept my zip/city as is.

Pretty sure it's via wire-transfer - according to the email.

Too late now. I ordered mine just a few minutes ago and left the address field so that it would look right on a shipping label. If it is wrong, hopefully it at least gets to my town with the zip code. I couldn't pay with Paypal but just paid with a Visa. I would have preferred Paypal but I kept getting German labeled buttons and just gave up. I hope everything is sorted out and arrives fine. I didn't see an early bird option but if they compare to email list I should be good to go.

Zip code and city are also backwards. I switched mine around to look correct in mailing address. I hope that doesn't mess anything up. I think I might wait a day or two and see if Paypal works. I wonder how long after the preorders start arriving that I could just order one through Sweetwater or some other retailer. It would be nice to know how many they are expecting to ship in April.

I don't really care about a looper but want a pedal that is laid out like the Kemper itself. I am not a fan of the FCB1010 and would pay good money for a well-built foot controller that connects with one cable. Some of the other pedals would be fine if they connected with one cable but I'm not paying a grand for a controller that needs 3 cables. I don't want to control anything else but the Kemper. They started talking about designs for a foot controller a couple of years back. I don't care which one they go with, just pick one and release it. I can plug in expression pedals if I need them so don't care if they are included or not. Also I'd prefer a footswitch that doesn't require me to wear cowboy boots or any other pointed boots for that matter. Put an extra half an inch or so between those buttons although that isn't that big of a priority.

I'll probably pay whatever they ask. Hopefully $500-600 if it has 2-3 rows of 5 buttons. Maybe up to $800 if it has a couple of expression pedals. Lower is better but quality components are worth a extra money. I spent a chunk on the Kemper vs paying much less for a Line 6 or similar amp modeler. I'm not going to skimp on a good pedal board.