Posts by Fretless

Pretty much. The antelope pure2 can only capture audio from one stereo source at a time. Either AD or SPDIF. It allows audio to pass through it though via AD and be sent out via SPDIF at the same time, but only allows you to record the SPDIF channels. Effectively I want to be able to record the DI signal and the SPDIF channel all while being able to use my preamp. My desire is Guitar > Preamp > pure2 > Kemper > pure2.

Hey everyone, I just received my Antelope Pure2, and while it's absolutely everything I dreamed of, I can only record one source at a time (either ADC or Digital). I really would love to take advantage of using my preamp into the ADC of the Pure2 and then re routing it via spdif to the Kemper and then sending a copy of the dry signal out and the left out to the daw.

I know that I can have mastery stereo and have it work in this way, but when I try git/left, I only get the signal from left. I know this is probably how it was meant to be, but I would like to know if anyone has any work arounds to allow me to record my "dry" signal coming from my interface since I cannot record both the DI and the Kemper at the same time.

I know it's kind of confusing, but that is the best explanation I can do after a long night of work. Hopefully someone can help me out.

">

well - you have to dig into the DSP theory , Nyquist frequency and IIR and FIR filters in discrete domain to know what will be the effects of this kind of experiment.
    The users with 44kHz KPA may have some aliasing effects on 48kHz profiles.

Just made this in 44.1khz to see if there was any noticable aliasing, which I didn't find any.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    This is my Microterror profile, signal chain in the profile is my custom Airis Effects proto rack (3 selectable OD/comp > EQ blend machine that my friend designed for me) into the microterror into a mesa 4x12 with v30's. I love it. No post processing, just the raw recorded tone.

To be honest I've found the new process to impart a lot more low end on the tone. I made a comparison profile of my irt, one the old way, one the new way. Same cab for both. It sounds like there is a lot more to the amp with the new method. Idk

I am trying to profile an amp at 48khz. Seems to be working fine so far (still in the alien abduction phase). I'll report back after I test the profiled amp a bit.

*EDIT*

Okay, so I made a 48khz profile, and it sounds massive. It has a bit more high end sizzle to work with as well. I've also determined that pure cab's options work far better with 48khz audio (at least in my opinion) than with 44.1khz. There's just a lot more too it. I still have no clue exactly what it does, but it gets rid of a lot of the problems that I was having with previous amps, so lol who knows. As for sample rates, I would really like if mr. Kemper himself would comment on it being safe or not to leave my kemper in 48khz mode.
    [Blocked Image: http://i.gyazo.com/0f75a53a862b787ceef50c435a459aa3.png]

What page is the fsample rate on Fretless? Its difficult to see some of the text as Artist mode is also on the screen underneath the other text

It's on page 5 of the debug menu.

To the guy above, go to the normal system menu, and hold rigs for a few seconds. That will get you into artist mode. This page has a quick set of tests I did. The first one was done without pure cab, second was with. Huge difference on the 48khz. Less so on the 44.1 http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…postID=183170&#post183170

Tried it , to my ears it sounds best at about 6-7 ....but that's just my ears ....

Also , what does the cabinet 'Blend' do in the Debug menu ?

Makes me wonder if we're going to get parallel cabinets or something.

Also to access the debug menu, go into system, and hold the system key for a few seconds. I wouldn't advise changing any of the values other than the fsample rate. Other things can and could easily ruin your kemper.

Here's another sample rate test, this time using another hidden feature, Pure Cab.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Sounds much better this time. Same amp and everything as the previous test, just pure cab, 48khz first this time, 44.1khz the second time. I also updated from fw 2.6 to the lastest fw available.

I tried putting the pure cabinet up to 10, and I personally think it sounds great. I tried it with uping the sampling rate in the debug menu, and it sounded like I was in the room with the amp rather than micing a cab. Really unique sound.

">

[Blocked Image: http://www.allmystery.de/i/t45fd8f_Ancient2BAliens.jpg]

:D
    This shouldn' t hurt you Kemper. The Fir and iir filters will be working on different frequencies:)

But you can also overclock a DSP !!!! :D

I love this hidden menu:)

I love my some Ancient Aliens. Now on a side note, profiles do sound 100% different when switched to 48k. My 18i20 syncs up perfectly though! I'm trying to record the sound difference, but ableton doesn't seem to like it. I will try with bitwig and return when I have a sample.

And here we go.

First is the 44.1khz second is the 48khz. I think the first one sounds tremendously better.

I could swore indid a thread on this but has anyone done profiles with the torpedo cab?
    How does it sound? I'm thinking if picking one up and a AFD 100

I have their wall of sound plugin. and I can get some really good tone out of it, it's just not really easy for me to get a good profile of the plugin in spite of my best efforts, which is why I've been thinking about the hardware side.

How many profiles do you have installed? Also, several of them might have the same cab...
    You might want to download some other cabs/profiles... Also, have you ever tried Till's cabs?They are generally considered very well sounding

I've gone through about 1500 profiles, and condensed down to about 150 that I really like. Most of them do use similar cabs, but yeah I have tried the Till's cabs and they're not my thing for some reason. I just didn't jive with them. I also have a bunch of cabs from places like tone hammer, and several other cab retailers. All in all I have around 120 different cabs in my kemper, and I really only use about 5 of them.