Posts by young01cj

People talk about there not being an editor for the QC. Based on the videos I've seen, I hadn't thought about using an editor on the PC. It seems easy enough to use without one. Pete Thorn did mention there was going to be a mobile app available but not sure what it will do.

I pre ordered one. I see it as a combination of modeler and captor device. Two things I wish I always had in one unit. Gives you the best of both worlds for which now I don't need 2 separate (expensive) units. The interface is what won me over. Simple and easy to use and there are still knobs to turn. One thing I never liked about the Helix UI was the slider bars. Taking a chance on this based on the quality of their plugins.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Kemper and my '78 Marshall plexi profiles.

Lets hope that liveplayrock joins this conversation and explains how he makes his profile packs. I agree what you are saying about the pics. On his Marshall Plexi pack the picture is of a UAD Marshall Plexi plugin. If you are selling a Kemper pack of an amp, show us a picture of the amp in your studio.

I recently switched from Axe Fx III to Kemper Rack. I mainly do recording at home so I was mostly concerned with the quality of the sounds. In particular which one sounds more like a real amp and cabinet. For me all I use in my signal flow is a noise gate --> tube screamer --> amp --> cabinet. I tend to apply most of my effects in the DAW while mixing. The Kemper was much easier to use in terms of getting a good sound. By turning the basic eq knobs in the amp section I am able to get the tones I need. It also helps to have good quality profiles to start. With the Axe Fx I would spend a lot of time trying to dial in a tone I was going for. In the Kemper, I seems to get the tones I need much faster. What I'm trying to say is if you value your time, get the Kemper. Your not going to know what is best for you until you try them out. Fractal does have a 1 week return policy or if you need it longer than a week you can flip it on ebay or reverb.

Based on the above info I will make a guess in regards to the other 2 Salvation Mods in the pack:
    W = Wagener module
    M = Mamba or the Marsh-all+ module

Whatever they are I'm sure they will be great.

I was just thinking today how awesome it would be to have a Michael Wagener rig pack and look what I find. This is incredible news. It would be something I would pay for (given that it's reasonable enough). Looking forward to this. Thanks Michael. Long time fan of your work.

Hi guys.

Got my KPA a few weeks ago. So far I'm floored at how close this thing sounds to my tube amps. I bought a Axe Fx II about 6 months ago and sent it back within 2 days. To me, it didn't have the realism like my tube amps and there was just so much to tweak and I don't have time for that. So I decided to try the KPA and much to my surprise, it's a keeper. So far I've profiled my a JCM800 2203 and a Mesa mkIII. Still blown away at how close it sounds to the real thing (and I can record in peace without disrupting the family). Didn't like any of the presets to I deleted them and replaced them with commercial profiles from TAF, Pete's profiles, SinMix.....I'm a greenbacks and g12t75's guy and alot of the profiles I've come across were created with V30's. So it's great that I can swap out the the cab with my own cab. Hoping to have a few profiles to share in a few weeks. Just wanted to say hi.

young01cj