Posts by TomaHawk

I would love to have an input-auto-adjustment.

When I switch from guitar to an active bass I often forget to change the input parameters (which aren’t intuitive for me).

Would be great not to have a need to think about that. ?

Super, danke für die Tipps.

• Ich habe gerade meine Toaster-Backups mit dem Rig Manager gemacht.
    • Jetzt räume ich den Toaster auf. >800 Rigs und 500 FX braucht man nicht wirklich. Das Löschen dauert etwas. Nun ist das Browsen wieder schneller.
    • Dann wird der Stage bestückt.

Hat alles prima funktioniert.

??‍♂️?〰️➰〰️?

Ich habe mir einen neuen Kemper Stage zugelegt und möchte aus meinem betagten Toaster von 2012 meine Lieblingsperformances übertragen.
    Da mein alter Liebling nicht mehr ganz so flott umschaltet, möchte ich kein vollständiges Backup auf das neue Gerät bringen.

Welcher Weg ist hier der beste?
    > Übertragung von ausgewählten Perfomances

> Übertragung einzelner Rigs (Das geht ja auch gut per USB-Stick!?)

Über gute Tipps würde ich mich freuen! ?

Yes, this would be the ultimate Kemper effect …

live with in ear phones or in the studio (where there is no way to generate a natural feedback).

With a few knobs like

• time (early - late & random)
    • dynamic (atttack sense)
    • signal (7th, 12th, … 24th, all, random)
    • level
    • ducking

Can’t wait any longer … ??

?

My vision for the kemper 2 (or the next OS 9.0):

Go beyond traditional guitar sounds

My whishes:

• a separate synth-section stomp or amp module (with footswichable and tapping controlled cutoff, LFOs, TVA, waveforms, arpeggiator e. g.)
    • a Mic in-Input and a real vocoder
    • a natural feedback generator

In combination with the actual possibilities we could generate some unique sounds no one ever heard before.

Engage ??

I often use two drives or two delays with different settings in one rig. And I love the nearly dry/ only reverb sound.

In this case I have to us 4 of the 8 stomps in the Kemper and all of the 4 stomp switches on the remote
    (1. off+ dr 1 / 2. off+ dr 2 / 3. off+del 1 / 4. off+del 2).

So the possibilities to use other fx stomps is limited.

Idea

Activate a "2nd stomp setting" in the Systemsettings that allows us to switch:

0 - off

1 - setting 1 (e. g. light drive or subtile delay)

2 - setting 2 of the same stomp (e. g. hot drive or heavy delay)

After three steps the stomp is off again.

That would help to overcome the limitations of 4 stomp switches on the remote and the 8 stomps of the Profiler.

You just need two stomp switches on the remote.

If you do not need it, you just do not activate the 2nd level.

Yes, we already can morph a second stomp setting. But I use the morph feature to get from a rhythm to a lead setting (louder, more delay, eq).

I usually place my active Blueamp Spark FRFR-Cab on a stand focused on my ears. That is why I miss these Low frequencies you get when an amp is based on the floor or the stage. ?

Although it is not flat anymore I would like to use and adjust the bassboost of the cone-site of the kemper without changing the other frequencies to fit the cone imprint.

With the cone-imprint the Spark Cab does not sound as good as without. No surprise at all. But the Spark (or any other active cab) with the adjustable Bassboost could be awesome. 8)

Keep on kemping!

IMO the best way to suit the Overdrive taste of multiple users is to add a bottom knob to interact with the tone control. With this we could influence the high and the low end of the ODrives separately.
    I had this in my old Boss ME-50 with the Blues Driver and many other OD and I loved it.

Feedback at low volumes - with a FB-Generator - would be awesome too.? I miss that ...

?〰️〰️➰〰️??

Not yet, but the vocoder is a Highlight in a good synthplayers performance.

So I am Reallohn interested ...

thought about getting the Boss VO-1 but I use the Direct out for Stereo-Monitoring.

A Kind of Kemper Vocoder would be Great and add a new Dimension ...

I sold my old Tech 21 Power Engine 60 because I misliked the sound colouration of the speaker.

On the other hand the "guitar amp in the room feel" of the old PE 60 was really great imo.

So I am Looking forward to reviews what the new Tech 21 Power Engine Deuce Deluxe sounds like.

FR and Amp in the room feel would be fantastic.

I play guitar and bass so I like the 200 watt and the power amp-EQ features too.

Tom

Hey Mike,

I play a

• Blueamps Spark (19kg, 2x 180 W RMS (2x 360 W max) and a
    • Camper 212 (25 kg, 2x 180 W/8 Ohm (2x 360 W max) and love them both.

Concerning your criteria:

1: It has to feel as close to a real guitar cabinet as possible but still being FRFR (or close to it)

Well they definetly look like guitar Cabinets. The Spark is a FRFR-Amp and the Camper212 is what they call GFR.
    They both feel natural and sound great, no harshness or cold treble and no real amp noises.
    All my favourite Profiles (Marshall, Fender Dlx) and even the Acoustic-Amp-Profiles Sound great with both.

2: Stereo

Both can be run in STEREO. I love that and will never play mono again 8)
    And they are easy to carry, especially the Spark.

3: It has to be able to play LOUD!

You can get all the technical specs from the blueamps.de -site.
    Despite that the Spark is really loud. I never needed to turn the volume up at 100% when I play it live in my Funk & Soul-Band with 8 other musicians (dr, bs, key, tr, tb, tsx, asx, voc). There is still a volume reserve left.
    Whereas the Camper212 gets to its limit with my Rockband. I once played at 100% at a big stage with a lot of stagemonitors. The camper stood 5-6 meter away and the Kemper was near 100% volume. But it worked and I got compliments for my sound of another guitar player, who had a Mesa Boogie on stage.

To my ears the 4 Speakers of the Spark cut better through the sound of a loud band. It is compact and I don't miss a Subwoofer to add more bass, altough I love a warm guitar sound.

Hope that helps.

Tom

A small FRFR-Solution?
    I can recommend the Marshall Hanwell!
    Take a look at my Userpic - that‘s my real Marshall-Tower ...

Bought both 2nd Hand. They are not continued but the Marshall Woburn is close.
    I use one HANWELL at home and one to play with my Soul-/Funk-/Jazzband as my monitor (9 Musicians: voc,dr,b,key,tp,tb,tsx,ssx + me). With band it‘s on max level, right before speaker damage ...
    It works for me.