Posts by RDM

"But also, we sincerely believe that it's better to invest a couple of additional days."

Now, I'm proud of my O' Levels in French and German, but somewhat less proud of the extent to which I have made use of this skill set since taking the exams. I am therefore more than happy that we have so many contributors to this forum, from places far and wide, who choose to communicate in English (so at least I can join in occasionally) and I would never nit pick people's spelling, grammar or phrasing . . .

However, perhaps (and I mean perhaps) the above quote does include a small but important typo:

"But also, we sincerely believe that it's better to invest a couple of additional delays."

Did you spot it too?

I think " a couple of additional delays" takes us to Xmas, but if anyone moans, we might all end up on the naughty step.

It's late because they're only making plans for Nigel.

I hope Nigel's fed some of the Performance Management requirements of others into these plans.

Whilst I'm strictly a Browse kinda guy, I can already sense the disappointment of some if the Editor does not meet their needs; with the honeymoon phase of playing with a new toy wearing off quite quickly and us seeing a 'Functionality Wish List' thread emerge and become longer than this one.

With the current state of British Steel, I hope Nigel's future with the Editor is a little brighter.

A diverse array of coping mechanisms on display the last few days.

Coping with what? I can wait for the Editor (my Toaster is within arm's reach when I sit on my guitar stool) . . . and to think my parents questioned the value of that Ergonomics degree* I took all those years ago - if they could see me now.

Coping with the following constant rehashed conversations on the other hand is a different matter**:

• About whether the Editor is needed
    • Voicing annoyance at it not yet being delivered
    • About Axe versus Kemper,
    • Where 2 self-identified keyboard alpha males argue the toss about anything and everything, as neither will give any ground.

** Who am I kidding? I read all that rubbish too.

* I didn't take an Ergonomics degree, but it's no fluke that I positioned my Toaster where I have.

I think the Kemper crew are nearly there - it's just the voice recognition algorithm they're tweaking.

Apparently, during beta testing Ingolf said quite clearly "Make me sound like XTC"; however, the result was more Scorpions than Swindon's finest.

I'm sure they'll get it sorted in no time at all . . . if not, then I guess Ingolf will just need to invest in some ice wash denim and leather.

Agreed - that's why I said "Whilst the Kemper Team make the tweaks".

My point is more about the expectation/hope that the Editor would be released on Monday. As there were still apparently issues with the latest OS and RM, I assumed that they wouldn't release the Editor on top - even if the Editor was ready to go.

Whilst the Kemper team make the tweaks to the Editor, isn't the order of priority:

1. Resolve issues that people appear to be still having with the latest OS and RM releases; then
    2. Release the Editor?

Especially if the Editor is reliant on the KPA running on the latest OS.

I think they are using 'to' as in:

Setting phasers to stun.

i.e. they are setting their expectations to the setting 'Low', rather than 'High' to avoid disappointment in case the Editor (on topic) is not dropped tomorrow.

I could of course be reading too much into things - I need an editor (on topic) to distract me.

My experience is that companies' trading years either follow the Calendar Year (Jan to Dec), or the Financial Year (Apr to Mar - at least in the UK anyway).

These years are usually split into quarters:

Calendar Year: Q1 = Jan to Mar, Q2 = Apr to Jun, Q3 = Jul to Sep and Q4 = Oct to Dec

Financial Year: Q1 = Apr to Jun, Q2 = Jul to Sep, Q3 = Oct to Dec and Q4 = Jan to Mar

Our friends at Kemper are working on an Editor which earlier in the year they expected to issue by the end of summer and as we edge closer to that time, they have further clarified that they now expect it to be end of Q3 2019.

Based on this I have assumed Kemper are referring to Calendar Year quarters and they hope to deliver the Editor by the end of Sep 2019, which if we get an Indian summer in the UK, is not far off the original "end of summer" statement.

Even though it will no doubt have been tested by a number of forum members who are official beta testers, I guess its initial release will be classed as a beta to allow wider usage to highlight any O/S bugs.

I'm sure it's not too far off and as I've suggested before, perhaps Ingolf could work around his NDA and change his forum pic to one with an even bigger smile, to indicate when the drop is imminent.

And anyway, even if it's a bit late - you'll have something to play with at Xmas and an excuse to leave the family to themselves for a few hours.

I've had a Toaster since 2013 and used S/PDIF from the start - initially with an MBox 2 and for the last couple of years or so with a Focusrite 6i6.

Recently, the Focusrite no longer locks onto the Kemper as the external S/PDIF clock when you select this option in Focusrite Control. It always has done before.

It's therefore not a problem specific to the Stage and probably not a problem with the Toaster, but with the 6i6 / Focusrite Control instead (coupled with Windows 10).

I've not had much time to use my Kemper recently, so haven't investigated the issue in any detail to try and resolve it; however, pulling the S/PDIF cable out the back of my 6i6 and re-inserting it each time is a pain in the proverbial - and not because I'm re-inserting it in the wrong place =O

Re: other issues being reported - I hope everyone gets sorted and can enjoy their Kempers (whatever variety) as much as I've enjoyed my Toaster.

How about as well as the wording going from 'Preset Name' to 'Preset Name *' to indicate the user has tweaked the original preset, the wording also begins to fade (or perhaps crumble) away to nothing, the more the user tweaks, until the new preset no longer in any shape or form resembles the original one.

Perhaps the guys and gals working on finishing the Editor could hang fire on that (people have waited years already, so what's a few more months, eh?) and focus on my idea above.

However, it's meant to be a scorcher in Old Blighty this weekend, which means it's Summer and I'm therefore expecting the Editor to drop today or tomorrow.

:)

I use a Focusrite 6i6 and whilst I can still hear audio when connected via S/PDIF with the clock source set at internal, the sound will have pops and crackles. These pops and crackles disappear when I switch to the external Kemper clock source.

There are a number of previous (sometimes quite heated) discussion threads on this topic where people requested that as part of an upgrade they would like to see the Kemper being able to act as slave and also for higher sampling rates to be available. Since then we have seen the latter being catered for; however, as Alan states above, it seems that the former is a hardware restriction and therefore Kemper still requires it to be the master.

If I was buying a new audio interface, I would buy one that can accept an external clock source - unless someone from Kemper provides updated advice to the contrary.

From the extract that Zappledan has found, it does seem that the clock source can be set to External S/PDIF which, if the Kemper was connected to the 1810 via S/PDIF, would mean that the Kemper would be the master clock source.

I'm no expert, but when using multiple digital devices you need them to work in sync and to do this a clock is required.

However, to be truly in sync, you can't have all the devices working to their separate clocks - you need one to act as the master.

The Kemper is designed, so that its internal clock needs to be the master and hence why any audio interface you buy needs to be able to allow this and not dictate that its internal clock must be the master.

Someone on the forum that owns the Presonus 1810 should be able to confirm this. However, you might be able to find out by Googling to find the specs online.

I'm a lefty but learned to play right handed from the start because my guitar teacher told me

Alan - doing what teacher says is not very rock 'n' roll. I suggest you smash up all your right handed guitars and be true to what you are.

Be that left handed guitar player - first step is to buy an Eastwood copy of the Yamaha SG 1000 (LH). :thumbup:

you should start buying righties and playing them upside down

Chris - I guess that's a 'Plan B', but if your lefty bassist mate is feeling bored playing upside down, right handed basses (without changing the strings around), then just send him the link. :)

:?::?::?::/

The Eastwood Custom Shop needs about 9 or 10 orders for a left hand model to make it economically viable for them, so at the moment with just me and one other leftie having shown an interest, it looks like they'll just produce a run of right handed models.

As I want to buy the guitar, I was just trying to put the offer in front of the noses of any lefties on this forum.

My comment about right handed players buying one, was a (jokey) desperate last attempt to get 9 or 10 placing an order for a left handed model, even if they weren't actually left handed - so that Eastwood would fulfil my order.

I guess ultimately that wouldn't help me with my GAS, just help me give in to it.

Hi,

My intended next guitar is an Eastwood copy of a Yamaha SG1000. Their Custom Shop makes makes copies of out of production models, but only if they get enough pledges.

They have enough right handed players interested to put it into production; however, they only have 2 lefties that have pledged and I assume they've counted me in that total - which is not enough to make a left hand version also.

So, if any of you are left handed and want a copy of a guitar that a fair few people played back in the 70s and 80s, then please consider helping me get one by pledging also. Of course, if any of you altruistic right handers want to help me with my GAS, then feel free to buy a left handed model also.

I'm not spamming - I just would like one and will have to pay for it. If I do get one, I'll post a picture.

https://eastwoodcustoms.com/projects/megeoch-2000/

Cheers,

R.