Posts by Inthrutheout

@sinmix

Thanks !

Give me 10 minutes and I will forget most of what I watched.
    This is what you guys are for and.............
    why I bought the Kemper.
    So I dont have to do much besides plug in. find a good rig that matches what I am going for and go at it.

Is that wrong?
    I would like to contribute by I am not good at setting up equipment for the right tone for the right tune.

I will tweak some and set up effects but getting the base tones, I am not good at it. I have a ton of hobbies and I think my brain is full. No more room.

So my guitars have to be plug and play.

With guys like you and the Kemper I can just enjoy playing.

So a big thanks to you all and Mr CK.

Now back to hurting my full brain trying to figure out how to get rock drums out of my new Maschine.

Not sure how to take the choice of letting new Kemper owners the opportunity to get it cheaper than existing owners. I have mixed feelings about that.

How do you guys feel?

I am not saying it is right or wrong but.......

Yeah I am pretty much a metal head from way back. I have been learning some other stuff here as of late though. Trying to break it up a bit.
    I am a heavy rhythm player mostly.

I am open pretty much to anything I find I can learn. Mostly 80s and early 90s. Hard rock and heavy metal. All the hair bands.

I am very happy with the tones I am getting with the Kemper. That is not a problem at all.
    I was just curious what the paid ones had to offer.

I am using a pair of Adam A7X Studios. These things are fantastic.

The MM is for sale. It is a very versatile guitar with all of the PU configurations it has. It does sound awesome but I find myself playing the Schecters a lot more.
    Something about the feel of the board on the Extreme just works for me and I play a lot more of the hard stuff. Active pickups and all.

Let me lay down on the couch here first......

Ok...it all started......

Oh what guitars do I use-

I have 2 Schecters
    - Hellraiser Extreme
    - Hellraiser S Sustainiac

1- Music man Steve Morse

2- Takamine Acoustics (Japan made)
    -12 string
    -6 string

1- Seagull Acoustic

I play the Schecters the most. The Extreme more than any of them

inthrutheout,
    Take the latest pack from Kemper that is the 10 TAF profiles. Play them.

Then play a bunch from the Free Exchange.
    If you think the Free Exchange profiles easily compete with what you are hearing from TAF's selection,
    then don't buy commercial profiles.

Simple as that.

I have a couple TAF profiles already but most of those 10 did not do it for me.

I play for me and my cat. I am not a musician, my cat will attest to that.
    I have been playing off and on since the 80s. More off then on.

Oddly enough I have progressed more since I bought the Kemper than ever before.
    I know that equipment does not make a musician but it definitely can help.

I now have decent guitars and the Kemper and I enjoy playing way more than I ever have.

Allrighty then..........

I guess I am where I started.

So basically it is like I thought all along. It is pot luck on both sides.
    To pay or not to pay....that is the question.

I guess I will try for a couple in my genre that people really rave about and leave it at that. I have quite a few that I use now that are great.

I was just checking to see if I was missing something all this time.

Thanks guys.

Unless they redesign the guitar entirely the Kemper will always be useful. Guitar music has been basically what it is for a very long time. New products will generally just add more effects, ease of use, etc.
    Nothing earth shattering..... until now. All amps in one little box! What would be next? Faster boot time? More effects, Connectivity? The core of it will just still be the same so the Kemper should never be obsolete if you think about it.
    Amps can be obsolete because they are big and heavy.....Just like books which are also now digital.

No......not a Kemper 2. Please no. Not another couple grand. This one is fine. Let it be. Just keep updating this one until it cant take it no more.

I am not ready for another one................yet.

I imagine this has been discussed somewhere on here before but I have been doing a LOT of reading and posting in the last 2 weeks, so much so I am getting headaches at times. I have taken a bit of time off. A holiday if you will.

The release of the remote has lined up with my extra time so I have been catching up with all things Kemper.

Anyway, I have wondered exactly what the differences are with the two options for getting new rigs and how they are created. So far I have only used the free ones.
    Not because I am cheap but because I have found some really good ones that I like. But now I would like to see what the other side has to offer.

Is the difference being more or less a professional sound environment with Pro equipment and Pro knowledge as opposed to Billy doing it in his basement with a Radio Shack mic?
    Or is it pot luck and there are some generous Pros giving away his for free and some who do not?

Is there post processing involved on some?

I am asking because I am considering looking into maybe purchasing some.
    I just don't want to waste my time and money if I will just end up with the same tones I can get on the exchange. The same tones that have been repeated and beat to death.

Don't get me wrong, there are some really good ones and I truly appreciate their work but there are A LOT of them that sound the same.

Are there some commercial ones that stand out much more than your average free rigs? Are they going the extra mile?

What I would really like is to get ones that are matched to certain bands, songs, or albums.
    I like classic rock. Hard rock. Heavy metal. 80s bands. Yes the hair bands, My generation.

In general, can I see a big difference between the two?

I have listened to some but I wonder what I will get on my end with my guitars and their tones. I am using Adam studio speakers so I am guessing I will be keeping pretty close to the original sound except for the guitar colorings.