Posts by Inthrutheout

Good video from NAMM of CK himself describing the KPA for newbies. Scroll to 3:30 to check out the Remote:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/quote]

Pretty good summation video.
    I actually picked up a thing or two even though I have had mine for a year.
    I didn't know you could hold down the stomp buttons to get directly into its settings.
    I always took the long way around through the menu.I have mostly just used rigs as they are.
    I am now starting to delve a little deeper in anticipation of the remote, rig manager changes, and hopefully the editor.
    I also just got the DVP-3 pedal. So far it seems really nice.

Damn you Amaze-B !
    I just finished typing in my post and hit submit....
    it didn't work because you edited and moved the video on me while I was posting this comment.

On a side note, does anybody else pick up a little bit of Peter Lorre in CKs accent in the video?

It is very slight. Certainly not as animated Peters.

I think Peter was German too, maybe that is why.

I just got my DVP-3 off of the UPS truck. I hooked it up to pedal 2 on the kemper. I went into the menu and scrolled through the options for pedal 2.
    I can get the volume to work just fine. But when I go to wah wah or pitch I get nothing but the LEDs around the selector knob do show the pedal position.

I did get the wah effect to work for about 10 seconds once but I cannot get it to work again even though the LEDs are still registering.

Any ideas?

-Dlaut-
    Pretty much everything you pointed out is done through the KPA, not the remote. The remote just allows you to do it from a distance is all.

The remote is just that, a remote. It has no meat and potatoes of its own.

Alone it does nothing. With any other device it does nothing.

It is switches and a display screen.

I don't think you will find many to argue its usefulness. That is for sure. You can tell that by how they are disappointed in the price. Because they want one.

If this is marketed more for the professional gigging musician and that is why the price is where it is- you cant help but understand some peoples frustration and a feeling of being left out in the cold a bit.
    They bought this awesome product (The KPA) and then an enhancing device is offered, dangled in their face, if you will. But the price is a bit steep for what it is (opinion alert). Its offerings are something that you could feel are a, should have been from the start, but nothing ground breaking.

Not everybody bought the KPA with ease. It is expensive. I will be the first to admit it is totally worth it though. It is one of a kind. Once you hear it, it is too late, you have to have it. I imagine many had to make a deal with the devil to get it.

Now there is another product that is designed only for the KPA. It will definitely make the KPA more user friendly and it opens up the looper. So of course people will want it.
    Now people that cant afford it or the ones that totally disagree with the price (not because they cant afford it) will feel that they are not getting the full potential of the KPA and its ease of use.

I know if I canceled my order, I would kick myself everytime I lit up my KPA just knowing that I am missing something. Knowing that there is a bit more to it.

Thankfully I have some disposable income so I can get it if I want but I can definitely understand many people questioning the price because I do too.

As I said before, it is what it is but there is nothing wrong with people giving opinions. It may help manufacturers see what their market thinks. Good or bad.
    Not going just by sales (unless this is your sole reason for doing business).

Me personally, I like when I finish my projects and I see my customers are happy. As much as I like when they hand me my final check.

I ordered one being on the early bird list.
    But I have to admit, the more I learn of its workings or lack there of, I am starting to question even more its real value for the price.
    I am going back and forth at the moment.

What I mean by lack there of is the looper- the only thing that keeps the whole thing being a bit more than a glorified on off switch set. (Even though the the looper is not even built in the Remote) The remote is also just a switch set for the looper.
    It would seem that you can not save what you have created to use again. You will have to redo it every time you shut down the Kemper.
    I imagine you cannot have more than one separate loop created at a time.

This is about as basic as a looper as you can get. Not being able to save is just a total oversight. So basically the looper is for the very talented ad lib players and for noodling.

If you create a good loop and want to recall it at a later time it seems you can just forget it here. It is gone forever.

Having a memory card slot or at least using the USB to save (and a fast way to recall) would make it much more of a viable selling point.

If I am wrong with any of this then great, please let me know, but at this time this seems to be the way it is. Because nobody is talking.
    Maybe they are considering adding a save function through USB or something. They have not said. So at this point I cant even consider this in my decision whether to continue with my purchase.

Hell, they started accepting money for this thing even before we knew totaly what it does and how it works. We got small pictures of small sections of the remote. We were left looking for scraps here and there in videos to find how this thing works while they were taking orders.
    We are just now seeing much more of the picture. Still not a total rundown. If this IS it, yes it is a bit underwhelming for $600.

Ok, you can claim a quality build. Maybe, maybe not. It has not been tested by the masses yet. You do not know. You cant just say because it is German made that it is guaranteed to be top shelf. Although I believe it may very well be..
    Even so, at what cost.

Either way, there is a line with quality, affordability, and what a product has to offer. To create a truly good product is when you can keep all three in line with each other.

Yes this thing will be useful for many especially for on the road players but does it really have to cost this much?

Some argue yes because of R&D and all the other things that go with it but there is still a thing called a price point that a market will accept. So will the product even be a viable one? The sales will show in the end.

Yes most of my argument revolves around the looper. I would certainly use it. This is what tilted the the scales ever so slightly for me to hit the buy button. Now it appears to be limited to me.

Without it, there is absolutely no way I would even consider giving up this much money for the remote. $350-$400 tops. So yes I am definately on the fence right now.
    In the end it essentionaly is just switches and a small screen in a small KPA matching box.

-ChristopheSeyler-

-vablows-

You guys are totally right in your thinking and don't let anybody tell you different.

I have quite a few Apple products but I have not stepped a foot in their forum in many years. They taught me quick.
    Talk about the most biased fanboys and girls on the planet ! Don't you dare say anything negative about their beloved products or you will be sent straight through hell and back.
    You would think they were the creator of the products or something.

I have not seen it too bad here but.........

I personally have no ill will for anybody on this forum. Generally you seem like a great bunch of guys but everybody has an opinion and they should be allowed to give it without always feeling as though they are walking on eggshells when they hit SUBMIT.
    As long as they are not trolling or just a downright nasty, negative person.

Someone reported seeing a selectable looper position in v2.8.1 in another thread, so you will be able to record a loop, and then change sounds to play over the loop or record another loop.

The Only Remote manual that has been made available does not mention saving loops.

Great, now for the saving of a loop.

Thanks guys for your replies.

I have a JamMan Stereo which is an extremely capable looper and would love to be using it because it does so much more so much better.
    But I still have not found the perfect way to connect it with the Kemper without some type of issue.

If somebody has definite knowledge on my questions I would appreciate it so I know what I am doing with my order.