Posts by Inthrutheout

The U.S. format is still incorrect. The spot for State is there now so I thought I would update my info (wrong placement though) . The German button says weiter (further I guess). Should this be next or something? Also after hitting log out, the message is in German. I guess it is asking if we are sure.
    Once again, Credit cards in America want your address perfectly written as we gave them when we got our cards, or they may fail. So if you put in the wrong format you may end up with a big mess.

Here is the format again for the U.S.

First and last name
    House number/ Street or Rd (Apt # If applicable)
    Town or city/ State/ Zip code

Out of 13,012 members

Only 140 voted in total. With a new product being released for the KPA you would think there would be WAY more people. These numbers just dont line up.
    Out of that many people you would think a LOT more would vote one way or another. If they are a lurker all they have to do is click on their pick and stay unanimous.

Out of that many members you would think there would be more internet social types though. The percentages are just so extreme.
    I guess most musicians are introverts. Probably a couple other verts too.
    I did not know.

Well, with these extremely contrasting numbers this pole is not saying much except for the most social/ vocal.

I dont blame them if they are not social because being active on a forum, even with good intentions, you have to walk on eggshells sometimes.

Good point there. It would reduce the wear and tear on the mechanical parts on the Kemper as well.
    It would ramp up the longevity even more. I would rather buy a new mouse rather than a new KPA.

Oh and I would definitely put out some cash for this one. I am sure many would want this for free but to create a nice interface for all of the Kempers controls/ adjustments would be killer and worth it.
    Especially if you could have all of the knobs/ sliders/ buttons/ drop downs open for all effects at once. Like a nice big board. Open the sections we want and hide ones we dont want depending on how much real estate our monitor/ screen has.
    We could adjust everything in real time. I would pay well for this one.

Well Ok then, lets get some +1 going.

I thought you guys would get on here and just call me lazy for trying to get around taking my hand off of my guitar for the mouse. lol

I am seated when I am running through the rigs so every time I have to change them in RM I have to lean slightly forward.
    With this I use my left hand to keep my guitar from falling forward and the headstock from smacking into my rack/ laptop or whatever.

I think being able to run through Rig Manager rigs with the remote would be pretty handy.

I mean, we know how many rigs there are and as it is we have to take our hands off of the guitar and scroll through and select one to demo. Again and again and again. This can take a long time.

If we could use an up and down switch to scroll and another to select, this would allow a very fast demoing of rigs. Considering most are just passed by anyway.

You could just keep playing and run through them and stop when you hear one that gets your attention.

This could be done by the USB couldn't it?

As long as they don't expect payment from me when the remote is ready to ship then it's cool. Tried canceling since Thursday when it wasn't the weekend and hopefully everyone at kemper isn't going to NAMM! Leave some workers to deal with existing customers having issues ;)

Just make it so the funds are not available, maybe?

Well at 98 units so far. At least by this poll. That is around $59,000 American. This isn"t even profit. No where near.
    Wonder how many haven't voted if they bought one.
    How many are waiting for us early birds to test and review them.
    I would hope there will be a lot more because this surely wouldn't even pay for R&D.

Does anybody have any idea how many KPAs have been sold?

I asked about the price, and he mentioned that the design goal was $600US.

So.....you knew all along?!!!!!!! You are a bad man Mr Dlaut. You didnt tell us. :evil:
    He tells somebody, at random, the pricing, even though the boards were on fire with conjecture what it may be?
    Did he tell you to keep your lip zipped or what?

Busted!

As far as the looper goes. I am in understanding of both camps.

I am not sure which is right or wrong (if there is such a thing) but I have to say it can be a little hard to swallow, for some, knowing that the Kemper itself has this feature built in for the most part. That is not too hard to understand.

Now if it was a hardware installation in the remote I would be entirely in the Kemper company camp. They could say, hey we are offering a pedal effect with the remote. This is truly the only way you can get this because the hardware is in the remote.

Hey, I am all for a company making money. I am self employed so I understand. No profit, no company, no product.

I do not understand how the hardware and software work in the Kemper.

From what is existing with the hardware, can new software be written for NEW effects? If this is true, by all means charge for it.

On the other hand, is there a bit of hardware in the Kemper just for a looper? If so this is where that line gets a bit thin. I could say, hey I already paid for that bit of hardware especially if it does nothing else for the Kemper. Even though you may have not written it into the software yet.

Either way, it is what it is and your wallets will show your approval or disdain.

Right or wrong, I opened mine but like I said before I can be a dumbass at times.

Boy I cant wait though.......waiting for that brown truck or whoever is delivering it !

I was having a problem with the picture.
    If you look on the right next to the likes and replies you would see how many views your post has received.
    I am on my IPad now and it doesn't show that column for some reason. Are you on something other than a pc? It does show on my PC.
    It has an awfull lot of views compared to all of the others. Way more in fact.

I had this Guild so many years ago but I cannot remember the model. This was back when I was not playing so much so I went to sell the Marshall stack and this guitar. The owner of the store was not too interested in the Marshall even though it was literally brand new. But he REALLY wanted this guitar bad.
    So I sold it to him along with the amp for cheap. Do not remember how much and dont really want to.

Back story-
    I bought the stack and a Hendrix reissue guitar lefty. I am a righty. For $400 ! Yes $400 ! They were both brand new. This is when I was in North Carolina. Anyway this woman that sold them to me bought them for her soon to be son in law. Not weeks later it didnt happen. He was gone.
    So she kept these things in her spare room for almost a year, I guess waiting for another suitor for her daughter. :D
    She offered them to me for $400. I beelined it to the bank and was back with the cash quick.

Moving on about a month I hear of a guitar show/ sale thing happening in Charlotte so I thought I would see if I could trade the guitar in on something that I could actually play. I come across a guy selling some used guitars and he really likes the Hendrix guitar. I looked through his wares and chose the Guild. We traded straight up.
    I figured the Guild was a nice guitar but I didnt get to play it there. I get home and hook it up and it has a beautiful tone. As well as my ears at the time could tell. I wasnt so good then. Eventually I just didnt play it much so I went to sell the whole deal.

Modern day.
    I want that guitar back! Or another of the same model. Now that I am better and I understand a good tone much better rather than just hard heavy metal licks. I understand more now why that guy wanted this guitar so bad.

Sorry, it is a picture of a picture.

What model Guild is this?

I want to be able to search for it. I Googled Guild guitars and came up with nothing on this particular guitar
    [Blocked Image: http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp174/nvr2fst1/IMG_9549.jpg][/img]

Thanks Zap. I truly enjoy them.
    Sadly I dont pick up the Musicman much. Not long after I bought it, I went to get a guitar without Tremolo for downtuning and tried the black Schecter Hellraiser Extreme C-1. I loved it. It felt and sounded great.
    Ok now I have the two electrics I need. One with and one without tremolo. No, I then saw the Sustaniac version in a video and was enticed in getting it too. It has a tremolo. The sustaniac pickup is crazy. It will literally sustain forever.
    It has a neat effect also. But with the Kemper all of these guitars have great sustain so it wasnt really necessary. The video lured me in.

Anyway I now just play the two Schecters mostly. Not that they are better than the Musicman in the least. The Musicman is a very well made American guitar at twice the price. I just find myself playing them more. Honestly I am not totally sure why.
    Either way, I am not a collector of things and if I dont use them, I give them up to somebody that will.

This whole ordering process is a little confusing. What I would like to do is place an order but pay for it later (shortly before it's available and about to ship). Is that possible? I signed up for the early bird thing but didn't realize the remotes weren't going to be available until march. I live in the US btw.

Will the remotes be available for purchase on it's own from regular retailers? I thought I read something about them only being available standalone directly from Kemper, and retailers only selling them as part of a package with the KPA.

Use your credit card and it wont be billed until around shipping time. Make sure you go to the U.S. Kemper store. Yes they say March but if you are not an early bird....who really knows.