Posts by SanctumSolaris

Yes I did get the pedal working correctly. It was partly user error and an odd way to disengage the Wah. They way does stop when I release the pedal, but the light stays on, indicating it is still on. I was thinking the stomp would actually go off and then back on when the pedal is engaged.

It does work now. and thank you so much Sean for your patience and help.

Many of you have seen my previous setup, but after seeing how neat and tidy Keith Merrow's rig appeared I decided to give my the once over. I know it is not quite as tricked out as his, but its a work in progress.

Photo I - Front View
    Photo II - Back View

Hope you like it and below is a list of the equipment.

Toshiba 17" Laptop

Gator G-Shock 12L

Furman PL-8C Power Conditioner
    DBX 166XL Gate/Compressor/Limiter
    Kemper Profiling Amp
    Yamaha DXR10

PedalTrain PT-2
    Mission SP1-LF
    FAMC Liquid Foot+ JR+
    Mission SP1-LF with Spring Load

Ibanez ARZ307 (7 String)
    Kent Armstrong Pickups

All cables are Monster except for the 7 PIN MIDI cable (BTPA) and the Mission TRS cables for the pedal board. Also, I could not see anything behind the rack so I mounted some inexpensive push button lights to the side rails; very helpful.

p.s. yeah the band did not go for the click track from the laptop, so hence the new pedal board.

Never could get it to work the way it should, so I just made the toe switch a latch for turning the Wah on/off and the pedal for Wah and it works. I will try to contact FAMC or Kemper on Friday and see if this is maybe some glitch on the Kemper.

Thanks again for all your help

Thanks for the help Sean. For the Wah I would just like to auto engage on touch. I have tried multiple settings in the Wah screen and nothing. Now if I turn the Wah on the pedal does control it, but nothing turns it off. I guess that is the biggest confusion.

I know the CC# number is correct and the Wah is functioning but it doesnt seem that the LF is treating the pedal correctly. I specifically got the spring load so that when I release my foot the Wah is disengaged. Still struggling.

As fo the beat scanner. I may just move it an IA slot and save the pedal switch for something else at a later time.

We are close Sean, really close. All the IA's work (with some color issues, preset IA's stay purple during bypass when I already switched the color to another one . . . ???).

But to the subject at hand the volume pedal now works correctly. It goes into mute or Tuner mode when in heel position and the switch activates the Beat Scanner. But I am wondering if the switch can be set for the easy push button like the IA's. I just think it would be easier rather than pressing hard to get the button to latch.

Lastly, the Wah is no go. The pedal works and shows movement in the System page, but the on/off when in heel or stop position is nothing. Cannot figure it out. My settings are like you explained:

Pedal 3 (Wah) set to continuous, auto calibrate and CC 1. Works when the Wah is on, but will not shut the Wah off. I have it locked in slot A.

Thanks again for all your help.

p.s. I will put a TS connection for pedal 2 running the beat scanner but for now the Mission TRS cable is working fine. Both Expression pedals are connected with Mission TRS.

Thanks for the responses guys. Below is my setup and what I am trying to do.

Mission SP1 Liquid Foot+ Jr+ Mission SP1 w/Spring Load

I got the LF+ programmed for my stomps and presets no problem. However I am having a huge difficulty getting the expression pedals to perform properly. Below is what I want to do with the expression pedals.

Mission SP1 (Left Side) - Using EX Port 1 and 2
    Pedal - Volume
    Heel Position - Mute (which happens automatically I believe)
    Toe Switch - Beat Scanner or Tap Tempo

Mission SP! (Right Side) - Using EX Port 3 and 4
    Pedal - Wah (Auto Engage)
    Heel Position (Wah off)
    Toe Switch - Empty (Not assigned as of yet)

If anyone has a setup like this and would post a link to the Sysex file it would be greatly appreciated, or if you have a solution please post.

My recent thoughts are leading to something not set right in the Kemper.

Completely frustrated! I began using the LF editor after having to send a brand new Liquid Foot+ JR+ back to FAMC, for a replacement motherboard. After speaking with Jeff he took my paypal info and said he would refund me the shipping, needless to say I never received it. But that is another story.

I have the new unit. It works, the Mission SP-1 pedals work. However, it must take a NASA engineer to program this unit. For those who like to say read the manual. Please direct me to the actual manual which contains information on how to program this unit in the editor. Only items I saw were how to do a manual program. Frankly, this unit should wash my car once a week for the price.

Finally, I have successfully programmed the IA switches. However, I cannot get the expression pedals to work. I have one SP1 for Volume and another SP1 for Wah. Yes the Wah will turn off and on, but no Wah sound changes. The volume will go to mute/tuner in heel position. However no change in volume. Does anyone no what might possibly be done in the LF editor to resolve this issue. All I want is the Wah to engage on one SP1 and the Volume to work on the other SP1. If it is not asking to much a Tuner switch in the heel position would be nice, but make sure the tuner shows on the LF+ JR+.

Please help with any suggestions, and yes I have brand new monster cables, full power, correctly functioning units, and the moon phase in Texas is aligned.

p.s. good look finding a phone number for FAMC, and yes I do blame CKemper for this issue since he has yet to release a KFC. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am at half on the Master Volume, zero on the Preset Volume, Main Output at -13.00, and Monitor Output at -13.00. I play with very high gain profile so I use both the Master Gate and insert the 4:1 gate in Slot A. Not sure how much gain you are running but my gates are set at 5.20 and 3.40. Also, clean sense is 3.30.

I have no noise or hiss, and when I stop it slams shut. If you play with less gain you can certainly adjust the gates. Hope this helps much better than a canned response of "try it yourself" or "what exactly are you using and trying to do."

Found the blank on the stomps. Figured it was tired head. I was turning the preset knob instead of the type knob. All better, except for tweaking my rigs back to the way they were before 2.4. Guess Ckemper thought something like that would keep us busy for a months until he releases the KFC. LOL

The JC95 has a turn knob on the side to adjust the Toe Down frequency. Jerry is known for having used quarters to control the range of the pedal. Then Dunlop developed his own pedal. It does have a very unique sound (check on youtube for a demo). Also, the manual is available online and does include complete specs. I am thinking I can modify the Cry Baby setting for this type of sound.

Yeah, I know how to turn off an effect in the signal chain, but once upon a time you could choose not to have any effect in that spot. Meaning a blank. Now it seems as though the blank is no longer an option. I try to avoid loading every single slot with an effect. But if I need something then I know I have a blank to fill.

I guess what I needed regarding the Wah was the actual kHz or Hz ranges for manual and peak. That would help to reduce the turn and dial time of tweaking. I could get it close and then adjust. More than likely what I plan to do is take the preset for the Cry Baby and start cutting the toe down. The Cantrell Wah has an adjustment knob for this purpose. I will give it a try this week.

Thanks for the help guys.

Good afternoon fellow Kemperites.

Just a few questions:

What are the specific parameters with the Wah (Cry Baby) Stomp?

This information below is from the Dunlop manual for the Cry Baby Wah.

Manual (Heel Down) - Dunlop Cry Baby = 350-450 Hz. So what is the setting on the Kemper at Zero?
    Peak (Toe Down) - Dunlop Cry Baby = 1.5 kHz - 2.5 kHz. So what is the setting on the Kemper at Max?

What I am trying to calculate is a setting that imitates the Dunlop JC95 (Jerry Cantrell Wah), see settings below.

Dunlop JC95:

Heel Down - 320-390 Hz

Toe Down - 1050 kHz - 1270 Hz Min, 1700 Hz - 2070 Hz Max

Max Gain

Heel Down +18 dB

Toe Down +20 dB

Lastly, what happened to the blank choice on the stomp and effects? If I do not want any item in that box; there once was a blank that erased anything currently in that position. Now, there is not a blank and I am having difficulties trying to get a blank.

Either the Focusrite 6i6 or the MOTU Audio Express work with SPDIF reamping. I currently use the Focusrite and am very happy with the unit. No problems or issues. Also, you will need either headphones or a set of studio monitors. I am using the M-Audio BX5 D2 set of studio monitors and the KPA sounds great. Lastly, I am guessing you need a DAW. Reaper is inexpensive and easy on CPU usage.

Hope this helps.

You should not need to run the direct out of the KPA into the guitar input of the Tascam. The SPDIF cables will carry the signal for you.

When you are recording you should have the SPDIF Output set to GIT/Stack or any of the variations of GIT/ you prefer. This way you can hear the dry input on the left channel and the effected signal on the right channel.

Once recorded, and ready for reamping, you change the SPDIF output setting to Master Stereo or Master Mono. Whichever you prefer.

Remember the whole idea is to carry everything over in a digital environment. So try to avoid any analog signal processing.

Hope this helps.