Posts by SanctumSolaris

Glad you dig it. I think you hit the nail on the head. The "Love Child when Stoner Rock meets Prog. Working towards three more tracks over the next month and of course wrapping up the vocals.

Posted four Guitar, Bass and drum tracks on Soundcloud this afternoon. For those that saw the previous thread, the Bass tracks have now been added. Vocals should follow by mid-March

Broken
    Pale Horse
    B2S
    Rio Bruja

For those interested in the setup, see below.

DAW - Reaper
    Mastering Plugin - EZ Mix 2 + Metal Bundle (only used for Reverb, Limiter and overall EQ)
    Audio Interface - Focusrite 6i6
    Kemper Profiling Rack

Drums - Superior Drummer 2.0 (primarily the Koloss kit by Tomas Haake)

Guitar - Ibanez ARZ307 with Kent Armstrong Broiler 7 Pickups
    External Pedals - Dunlop JC-95 Wah
    Strings - D'Addario EXL140-8;10-64 Nickel Wound LTHB

Bass - Warwick Corvette $$ with MEC Humbucker Pickups
    Strings - Warwick M5B; 45-135 Stainless Steel Wound LS

Standard Tuning

GUITAR:
    Distortion and Fuzz - Bogner Shiva (R.U. Sirius), Blue+, Marshall 1960B (Tills 011)
    Lead - Bogner Shiva (R.U. Sirius), Red, Marshall 1960B (Tills 011)
    Clean - Fender Bassman 59 (And44), Blue +, Matching Cabinet (And44)

BASS:
    Fuzz - Ashdown MAG300 EVO II (Trevor Foxall), Green, Ampeg SVT810 (Redwire)
    Clean - Ashdown MAG300 EVO II (Trevor Foxall), Green, Ampeg SVT810 (Redwire)

Many specifics going on with each sound; will try and list the exact setup for the stomps used in the days to come.

I have to say the 8 string is more unique. There is nothing wrong with the "no mid guitar" version. However, if you are searching for your own touch and something unique that would grab the listener; I would keep using the 8 string. Got my attention quick when I heard it.