Posts by SanctumSolaris

I set my main rhythm preset to just as it hits yellow on the meter in the DAW. Then my lead only sounds boosted because I invert the EQ from a mid scoop to a mid boost, (ala Randy Rhoads). It usually does boost the lead into the yellow. My clean sound is about 4db lower than the rhythm preset. I only use the clean on two songs, but we like that when the change occurs there is a dynamic drop. Below is a list of the two EQ settings I use. Toying around with using the Studio EQ preset for rhythm. It works for that purpose, but I will need to adjust it for the lead sound. Also, my EQ for rhythm and clean are the same.

RHYTHM and CLEAN

Studio Equalizer

Low Shelf High Shelf Low Mid High Mid
    0.0 at 120Hz 0.0 at 12004.8Hz -3.1 at 397Hz -3.1 at 800.7Hz
    Low Cut High Cut Q-Factor at 5.000 Q-Factor at 5.000
    52.0Hz 12004.8Hz Volume 0.00
    Mix 100% Ducking 0.00

LEAD

Studio Equalizer

-0.3 at 150Hz -0.3 at 12004.8Hz 2.1 at 900.4Hz 2.5 at 3001.2Hz
    Low Cut High Cut Q-Factor at 0.670 Q-Factor at 0.670
    80Hz 16009.8Hz Volume 0.00
    Mix 100% Ducking 0.00

STUDIO EQ RHYTHM PRESET

Studio Equalizer

1.3 at 200.8Hz 2.7 at 10006.9Hz 1.4 at 501.9Hz 4.0 at 3012.2Hz
    Low Cut High Cut Q-Factor at 0.707 Q-Factor at 0.707
    20.6Hz 33488.1Hz Volume 0.00
    Mix 100% Ducking 0.00

I do exactly the same thing for my sounds. Especially when it comes to deciding on my EQ settings. Has always worked well for me and I have played many venues of various sizes, with the best and worst of sound engineers at the helm. All of them, without exception, when asked about the guitar sound and rig balance said they had no problems whatsoever. This was the case for both miced cabs and running direct from the KPA.

Great approach and I will continue to use it.

Finally had a chance to edit some audio/video. This video was recorded on February 18, 2017 at Click's Live in Tyler, Texas. I wanted to share it the community so they could hear a live example of the Lasse Lammert Diezel VH4 profile.

Audio/Video captured with a Zoom Camera (Not the best but wanted to prove a point abut the KPA and this Profile)

Kemper Profiling Amp (Stereo)
    Lasse Lammert Diezel VH4 Profile
    ESP EII Eclipse 7 String
    Line 6 G90 Wireless
    ISP Decimator Pro Rack
    Matrix GT1600FX
    Two Mesa Boogie 4X12 Cabs (Both loaded with an X combination of Celestion G12K100 and V30 speakers)

Hope you enjoy and feel free to ask question or better yet; go get amazing this profile.

Clicks Live 2017 - Gran Solo (Hommage à Randy Rhoads)

Definition, then Power Sagging to 5.0, 1.2 or 2.1 compressor, Clarity only if you are really drop tuning or playing with extended range. I find the clarity will cause a honk if you are not careful. Then studio eq in the x slot. I use a typical mid cut eq setting with no boosting. Record the KPA in your DAW and then pull a studio eq plugin to dial your sound. Then convert that eq to the KPA studio eq. Been doing it that way for years and it works great.

Some also like adjusting the tube shape up to somewhere between 6 and 7. Works some times but lately I have been pulling it back.

Let me know if you want to see some of my settings I have them all stored on a spreadsheet.

"Dawn Where We Walk" Ep available for streaming and download on Reverb Nation. This is the first of three Ep's to be released this year. Ep I includes the first songs we were writing together as a group. To be released Ep's will be the evolution to where we are currently.

https://www.reverbnation.com/sanctumsolaris

All guitars were recorded using the Kemper and an Esp EII Eclipse with EMG pickups. Decided to go with the Lasse Lammert VH4 Tool profile and the VH4 Channel 4 profile. Not as much gain compared to where we are now, but the profiles worked incredibly well and where easy to mix. Thanks Lasse for the great profiles.

Hope you enjoy and feel free to follows us on Facbook, Reverb Nation, Twitter and Instagram.

Thanks

See Below. It does seem a little harsh at really volumes. But it reminds me of my old JCM800 so I do not mind it. Let us know how it sounds.

Low Shelf 0.0 at 120 Hz
    High Shelf 0.0 at 12004.8 Hz
    Low Mid -3.1 at 397 Hz, Q at 5.00
    Low Mid -3.1 at 800.7 Hz, Q at 5.00
    Low Cut at 52.0 Hz
    High Cut at 12004.8 Hz
    Volume 0,00
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0.00

Just for reference, I play and ESP EII Eclipse 7 string with an EMG 81-7 and 707 tuned to standard B.

Don't forget you are going to need a gate!

During rehearsal last night I ran through the set with my go to Diezel Profile and then on the second run through I used this Marshall profile. Incredible difference with the Marshall everything seemed to come alive. In the previous post you can see the adjustments I made on the amp, other then that I used my standard Eq setting in the X slot and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again for a great profile.

I do not make any volume adjustments between my rhythm and lead sounds. Instead, I change the Studio EQ that is being used post stack.

For example, I tend to like a scooped mid in my rhythm sound. However on the lead patch, which is exactly the same amp sound, I level the scooped mids and boost the 900Hz and 300Hz. The boost is 2.1 and 2.5. Meaning their is a boost of volume because of the EQ setting, but more importantly the lead sound will now cut through a mix, unlike the rhythm sound.

Hope this makes sense.

I did use a single amp tone for the first Dub from Track 1 and then a second amp tone for the second Dub and track 2. The cab was the same and most of the setting were identical but the amp was different. I was using a Mark V and Diezel VH4. It certainly is not perfect, but can work to an extent for saving time.