Posts by Mosrite

thanks for the answer. That's pretty much what I expected to hear, I believe the Kemper will blow the Yamaha away, whilst that doesn't mean the Yamaha is bad at all, it's just the price difference. I think Yamaha is more straightforward because it doesn't have any more features than some effects so I think even if I got the Kemper, I'd still use the Yamaha late at night instead of firing the Kemper up, turning on the speakers, etc.

I love my Yamaha THR10C, but want somethin even better so am thinking of buying the Kemper. How do you find owning both? Do you ever use the Yamaha anymore?

Yes, that's the one I forgot, it might get loud is among the best. I wish I could have been a 4th at the jam, imagine seeing Jimmy on his original gear, I remember trying to keep an eye out to see if he was using a Tone Bender from the 60s. And it wasn't Bono, it was the U2's guitarist, the Edge. I have heard Bono has hurt his hand which may put an end to his pretending to play the guitar :)

Lemmy is more about the man than about his work in the studio but he does meet up with Metallica in the studio and they jammed together. I noticed James was playing through a blackstar amp, with what was either a Gibson or ESP purple Les Paul Custom. Was surprised to see the Blackstar stacks in the studio....

There is of course, the Fender Telecaster documentary, the birth of twang, which features a lot of Teles

There is also a DVD of the Travelling Wilburys, there's not too much studio stuff but does have footage of them recording the vocals and outtakes, but I thought the good footages was of them chilling at someone's house, and taking in an order of Gretsch guitars, showing them off like little children with their new Christmas present :)

I love watching music documentaries, can't wait to see the new Kurt Cobain one, and the Sound of Surf.
    I wonder which one we will see the first Kemper units being filmed being used in the studio by the artists?

some kind of Monster by Metallica features them in the studio with gear. A year and a half in the life, is really good.
    Other than the Classic Albums series, which also features studio gear and some playing, the Tom Petty doc, Running Down a Dream, is very good!

Other than those, I can't think of any that feature much from the Studio but the Classic Albums series is very good, I've enjoyed the one about the Band, Tom Petty, NIrvana and Black Sabbath the most. In the Band one, they had a very good insight how a light drumming roll sound was achieved....they took the snare drum off, and strummed the snare strings on the back of the drum slowly to achieve the sound you hear in their version of I shall be released, I thought that was genius!

I saw this a while back and enjoyed it, not my favorite music doc out there but I love to watch these and see what gear they've used and learn some history, just like the Classic Albums series. I also really enjoyed the Wrecking Crew documentary!

this is exactly my issue!

I have a Vibroverb reissue but have 2nd amp fever. It's between a Magnatone Twiligheter, Princeton 6G2, or the Kemper, which I have wanted for a few years now but never pulled the trigger.

I'm looking for something that will sound good at lower volumes but have ability to be a bit louder too. What concerns me is the comment about playing with Headphones as this is how I mostly practice and play at night. I use Beyerdynamic DT990 with a Yamaha THR10C, and play the Fender Deluxe profile 99% of the time. I'm happy with the setup and sound (for the price) and hoping the Kemper would be MUCH better. I guess if I'm not happy with the headphones sound I will get speakers anyway.

I'm not much of a tweaker, nor a cork sniffer since I'm perfectly happy with my Yamaha, but cannot see myself having the patience to tweak for hours. Hopefully they'll have good resale value if I'm not happy with it! I'm optimistic though, because I don't think I will be as hard to please as some. I have 7 days to make up my mind (and usually change it every couple of hours)

I mostly play along to the Ventures, Surf music, but also Neil Young (live!), Clash, and some GNR too

I am finally getting ready to buy the Kemper! I have a Yamaha THR10C that I have used everyday since I bought it. It works great for low volume playing but even better is the Aux Input for some mp3's and it rocks! I jam along to the Ventures every night via headphones with this.

I read the options with the cable and jamming along to MP3 but read that the effects would also be on the Aux In music, which would kill that option for me.
    Is it easier to buy a 2 channel mixer and monitor the sound from the Kemper and the Aux in from the headphone out in the mixer?

I am looking for the best quality sound, want it to be an improvement over the Yamaha jamming options.So am looking for the highest quality solution to be able to jam via the Kemper with the Ventures!

Thank you for any advice!

thanks for the welcomes!

I used to be a high gain metal guy, but am slowly going backwards and only discovered the Ventures 2 years ago.

Another day of rain and another day to stay at home and enjoy playing my 3 guitars. I don't have a Kemper yet, but when I do I imagine a whole weekend won't be enough. I'll have a blast going through all the profiles first! Can't wait

Thanks! I'm looking for the head version in White, but may change my mind to the Green/ Black, it doesn't really matter what it looks like! Once I get back from vacation next week, I'll call up the stores that claim to have them and buy the one I can get the quickest. Some are our of stock with new stock expected in May! No way can I wait that long!

i'm in London. I'm very excited about the Kemper, I got the funds, just waiting to find one in stock.

I have a Yamaha THR10c that I've played everyday since buying it, mainly for low volume rocking. My other amp is a Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue that is great but slightly too loud on volume 2.5 so Kemper would be a perfect solution. I also need dirty/ clean tones, so if not for the Kemper I'd probably be buying a Marshall.

Once I get used to it I would even use it as my main amp.
    What else do I need to hear it? Let's say I buy a Kemper, I have headphones can hear it with that. But how could i hear it though my stereo? Can I just connect the aux in to the headphone output of the kemper or mains or what? That's where it gets confusing for me.

I am also planning to buy some monitors for the Kemper, probably Yamahas H7's, as it's only for indoor jamming. Do I need an interface to connect the Kemper to the speakers or is that just for laptop recording? Thanks and sorry for all the questions

I've been wanting a Kemper for a while now, but have been struggling with digital vs analogue setup, anyway i have all the analogue gear I want and now I will get a Kemper.

About me as a player, I'm not pro, and only starting playing seriously a few years ago when I got a Les Paul that was too good of a guitar for me, so I decided to get better. Now I have a Jaguar, a Burny Custom and a vintage Mosrite from 1966!

I am a Ventures freak, I'm not sure why I like them so much but those guitar sounds are great and I hope I will be able to get Surf tones from the Kemper? I do like some crunch for when I'm rocking out to Neil Young or GNR on my Les Pauls, but 95% of the stuff I play is the Ventures, and their show in Japan.

Thanks for all the info that is already on this forum, and I hope that I may able to contribute in the near future!