Posts by Behind

So you are trying to replicate this:

A) Specific guitar > Specific pickups > Specific cable length > Specific Amp Settings > Specific Amp tubes > Specific cab > Specific speakers > Specific "age" of speakers > Specific mic/mics > Specific mic/mics placement > Specific desk preamplifier > Specific post processing

With this:

B) Random guitar > Random pickups > Random cable length > Random Amp Settings > Random Amp tubes > Random cab > Random speakers > Random "age" of speakers > Random mic/mics > Random mic/mics placement > Desk? preamplifier

and you are blaming Kemper Profiler for not achieving the sound you want?

I am sorry but that's not how the Profiler works. You need to match A with B as much as possible to get similar results. Otherwise, the tones will never be the same.

Hi Kemper family. As the new album comes closer, here is the video I made to illustrate the last one. Hope you enjoy it!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Could the HP-LP controls be in the Cab section? For us who often use a real guitar cab with Kemper it would be ideal, so that getting rid of fizz or rumble from the Master Output signal wouldn't mess the sound coming from the guitar cab (=Monitor Out).

That would be the best option. We've seen that implemented since some of the first cab loaders were created.

[Blocked Image: http://www.osirisguitar.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/lecab.png]

[Blocked Image: http://rekkerd.org/img/201102/Kazrog_Recabinet3.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.flstudiomusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/pulse.jpg]

The search engine would improve significantly if it would have a way to organise/filter profiles per type in Rig Manager: Studio, DI, Direct Amp and Merged.

The way it is now, the searching process is a matter of luck as you try names and fields to see if there's some satisfactory result.

Since profiles are the core of the KPA, it would be great that something as important as the profile type has its own field or filter in the search engine.

Thank you! That would definitely help to find them.

As far as I understand it, there seem to be some turnarounds to find these profiles but it should be much easier than that! Since profiles are the core of the KPA, I don't understand how something as important as the profile type doesn't have its own tag in the search engine.

Thank you very much for the answers!

It seems like there's no easy way to find this type of profile!

It would be great to be able to tag profiles with this important bit of information to have them properly organised in Rig Exchange/Rig Manager.

Something in the line of:

Profile Type:

• Studio
    • Direct Input
    • Merged

Do you think it would be a good idea to write a feature request addressing this issue?

Hello guys! I have been finally trying some DI profiles with a 2x12 cab and I just have to say WOW! Really... I know I'm late to the party as I have been just using Studio profiles with FRFR since I got my profiler three years ago. Now I feel like I have re-discovered my profiler. Blown away, really!

I'm just having some troubles trying to find DI profiles in Rig Manager as they don't seem to be tagged as such.

If I search just "DI", I end up with all types of random results, even with words including the letters "DI" such as "Diezel". Exact matches don't work with the word "DI" either as they don't give any result at all. At this point I'm out of ideas...

Is there a way to filter "DI" profiles in Rig Manager? If not, do you have a good way to filter "DI" profiles in Rig Manager?

TIA!

Hi guys! I just wanted to share with you a new tune I made with my beloved profiler.

This time I used the amazing Fluff Jim Root profile, which is an Orange based profile. It sounds pretty good and it responds very well to the pic dynamics. Definitely a keeper!

I used two different gain values. For the most part of the song I used the default gain but I rose it quite a bit in the solo at the end of the song. I also added a good touch of delay and reverb in general to give some ambiance to the patterns.

Cheers!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I can hear quite a big difference when they switch Kemper/Amp on the second video. That's something that shouldn't happen if the profiling process was made correctly. I think that's due to the mic placement of the cabs in the room (which I assume is the source that we hear in the video). If these sounds were as different in the room as in the video, something was wrong in the process.

They don't specify this but the difference in sound could be because they performed a Studio profiling as opposed to a Direct Input one. I really believe that not even some of the best producers in the world could tell the difference between the KPA and the real thing with a good profile.

Yoh! That's funk, damn! 8)
    tschanglelanglelang.... move ya hips... ooooh... :thumbup:

Haha, thanks mate ;)

Smooth. Clean. Nice. Disco... ;)

Are you ready for an experiment? Please use this exact guitar sound and playing. But: add a wah called fonk face, just with its default settings. And then mixdown in that exact same song. ( The fonk face might add a couple of dB to the guitar, so you might have to turn that track down).

Thank you! Haven't playing with that one yet. I'll be definitely trying it!