Posts by Behind

Yoh! That's funk, damn! 8)
    tschanglelanglelang.... move ya hips... ooooh... :thumbup:

Haha, thanks mate ;)

Smooth. Clean. Nice. Disco... ;)

Are you ready for an experiment? Please use this exact guitar sound and playing. But: add a wah called fonk face, just with its default settings. And then mixdown in that exact same song. ( The fonk face might add a couple of dB to the guitar, so you might have to turn that track down).

Thank you! Haven't playing with that one yet. I'll be definitely trying it!

Not necessarily. The Bluguitar amp1 comes with a poweramp in floorboard format as well. bluguitar.com/AMP1.html

That concept is interesting. The main problem with poweramps enclosed in small cases is primarily the heat. The BluGuitar seems to have a fan. Cool unit!

Agree on all counts. I'd love to have a KPA floor unit that I could bring to gigs, allowing me to leave my rack unit in the studio.

I see it very convenient, really. The only downside I see about the floorboard format is the lack of power amp... But KPA were launched without it so... In my case, I would use an Electro-Harmonix Magnum 44 to load a 1x12 cab. That's the best solution I've found regarding sound and weight.

Hi guys! Here's a funk tune I recorded with my Fender Strat. Neck pickup.

The profile I used is "Walking Moon" by Kemper without verb and delay. I hope you enjoy it :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds great. The Morgan AC20 profile never seizes to amaze me. So versatile.

Thank you, Ingolf! The AC20 is great. It responds pretty well to the playing dynamics and volume knob changes. It's not only great for recoding... it's a lot of fun to play with it too!

Wow, you definitely NAILED the Opeth style, on all instruments and voice. I'm very impressed. Great job! Also the vibe and dynamics with regard to volume, playing, between sections etc.

If I had to point out a couple of areas of improvement (my personal opinion of course), I think maybe the distorted guitars could do with a bit less gain and/or top end, and maybe a bigger bottom end (either bass or middle, or a bit of both). And the reverb could maybe do with less top end, or a maybe a good amount of de-esser. Those are of course only sonic things, you definitely have the "important" stuff down :)

What a nice pair of ears you have dude! You have mentioned some main issues I addressed while mixing. The reverb has already a nice amount of deesser... just imagine how horribly bright it sounded before! As for the distorted guitars, the LL Big Rock is very heavy in the bottom end and lacks some mids due to the nature of the Dual Rectifier itself. That's why I added the clean guitars in that section for some "mid" definition and carved quite a big amount of low end in the LL - Big Rock profile as you noticed. It seems I overdid this last step. Thanks you, I really appreciate constructive criticism!

Hi guys! This unit is amazing! I just wanted to share with you a song I recently finished where all the guitars were recorded with my KPA. I wanted to used both, very clean and very distorted guitars and wow! I cannot be happier with the results!

The tune is a Blade Runner themed song that talks about the life and death of Roy Batty, the replicant. His story is a tragic one but very inspiring. He fights to stay alive and defies the human nature with his actions. He is an amazing character and one of my all time favourites!

I am a big Opeth fan and I wanted to achieve a similar sound to their album Damnation. The guitar I recorded the song with is this Fender Stratocaster with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge.

The profiles I used in the different parts are:

• Intro: Morgan AC20. This one was heavily equed with low and high pass filters. Neck pickup.
    • Verses: Morgan AC20 Panned Left and Right. Neck pickup.
    • Chorus: I layered 2 clean tracks of the Morgan AC20 (neck pickup) panned left-right for some string definition and two tracks the LL - Big Rock (bridge pickup) panned left-right for the big chords with distortion.
    • Bridge: two tracks of LL - Big Rock (bridge pickup) panned left-right; there's also a guitar doing some ambient layers which is the profile Fender Champ 1967 (bridge pickup) heavily distorted with tons of reverb.

I hope you like it!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi there! Has anybody been in that situation where you just can not find that amazing profile you played a week ago and you didn't save in your "Favorites" folder?

Well, it has happened to me a lot! I came up with the idea of some sort of "History" or "Last Used" section where the KPA "saves" the name and date of any profile loaded more than 5 minutes in the KPA. Think of it as the History section of any web browser but adapted to the KPA.

Cheers!

This one is just a profile loader. Less controls, bigger screen and wi-fi controlled parameters. Expression pedal acts as both, volume and wah-wah. Tuner on screen is activated when volume is in down position.

I'm sorry if this has been commented before but I couldn't find anything related.

Well the title says it all... When I start the profiler there's a tone while loading. The thing is that I like this tone but I have not been able to find it. Is it a tone from my library or is it only available during the loading screen?

Thank you and have a nice day!