Posts by Pre-Amp

I've now tried exporting to a folder on my PC then importing back into RM folder that I want the performance in. RM keeps saying 'Only Profiler content can be imported. This is profiler content. It is a performance Kipr file.
    Getting a tad frustrated now. I see manual performance shifting looming it's time consuming head.
    Any ideas please.
    Pre-Amp ?(

Hi Everyone,
    Updated RM recently and auto updated KPA to latest Public Beta too. All this went swimmingly. The Beta seems pretty good to me.
    However my PC did a windows up date this week too.
    Have tried syncing my KPA with rig manager this morning to shift a few performance slots around and upload to my KPA, but RM is not showing my KPA or any of the rigs/performances on it.
    I have a gig tonight so really want to sort it quick.
    I could shunt the all around on the profiler but this takes ages.
    Any advice?
    I will put in for a support ticket but it's the weekend. The KPA team need their down time!
    Many thanks
    Pre-Amp ?(

At some point I'll have go at this sound and see what I can do to get near it . Not sure when that will be yet! Ring modulator is an interesting idea. Never thought to use one but it might be just the ticket.
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

Hi,
    If I were to have a go at that kind of rig , I'd use TAF Ac30 (the custom shop one) then perhaps use a bit of green scream or treble boost to add some bite.
    I agree with @paults that the touch Wah is required. I read an article about the way the A3 auto Wah used to gate the sound slightly which gave the sound it's choppy rhythmic quality.
    I also think there might be a bit if of phaser in the mix too, which helps pick up the lower frequencies after the Wah gates. Listen to the original track, there's a kind of 'whumph' sound at beat three and four of every bar during the main guitar part.
    Perhaps Monkey Man might have some Wah settings for the A3. He has virtually every conceivable Wah in the Wah settings thread. He might chimp into this!
    I too used to get quite close with a GT 10 in FX terms but not the Amp tone of course. Not really tried to do this sound on my Kemper yet.
    I hope this helps
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

Dear Viabcroce,
    Really sorry to hear this awful news. Have just returned from the lakes in Northern Italy. Italy is such a beautiful country, with beautiful people and beautiful culture.
    Our thoughts, prayers and best wishes go to you and all your fellow Italians. I sincerely hope the the aftershocks stop soon.
    Take care
    Pre-Amp

Hi Danides,
    You could put in for a feature request...

The alternative is that you compromise by buying a cable that splits your band mix feed to the Kemper's return and alternative input. No big shakes really, just a cable. You won't struggle to hear the mix. This way you'd get your mono mix in both ears with guitar in glorious stereo direct from the Kemper.

Don't forget to drop the guitar signal from the band mix feed or you'll get weird phasing of the guitar sound.

Go on, be daring and use one little
    unbalanced signal to save yourself a long wait for a firmware update that might never happen.
    Hope you get it sorted soon. :)
    Keep us posted.
    Pre-Amp

Quote: @Jimmyno wrote:-
    "I think that the main reason is to avoid that (for example) a problem can let you completely down.
    Imagine you run out of batteries or you transmitter/receiver goes crazy: you lose monitoring and guitar/voice connection.
    And if you need to change your belt pack you have to change, at once, your mic, your guitar and change the headphone jack.
    I think it might be a bit tricky in a live show."

I see what you're saying @Jimmyno but as we are (for the time being) in the realm of fantasy, indulge for a second and imagine a system which provides one box with the three transmitter/ receivers working independently and replaceable/serviceable independently. I suppose it could be a rack stack modular thingummy of sorts.
    So, if one part failed live, the rest keeps going. Most people would have a backup cable, mic and IEM wire/
    wedge monitor anyway.
    It would come with a jack socket dongle for the guitar, belt clip for the IEMs and
    a separate belt clip/ dongle sized pack
    for the mic input. These would all be managed by the 'box' and have all the required outputs and inputs to facilitate all conceivable connections. It would also be in a properly built metal housing that is road worthy.
    To be able to connect all three pieces of gear with super low latency, and at a digital frequency range that is free to use but NOT in the same range as wifi routers and cellular networks, just
    seems to be common sense to me. If it's possible that is!
    I can't be the only musician who'd benefit from such a streamlined setup.
    I am pretty confident that people would pay for it.
    In someways, we have the guitar amp equivalent in the Kemper with it's multi-
    purpose functionality.
    Anyway, thanks for your reply. I'll go back to my wired guitar, wired IEM and standard dynamic mic on a stand for now...
    :(
    Pre-Amp