Posts by Pre-Amp

Welcome to Kemperland!
    There are plenty of good rigs that come with the Kemper. Just browse and play.
    The remote is so simple to use, you have no need to worry about the 'transition'.
    Enjoy playing the best piece of gear you are ever likely to buy!
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

Hi G-String,
    Many thanks for your post. I have now updated to the most recent Beta. I have always done this in the past, but perhaps took too much notice of Forum noise with regard to the previous update. I was reading about so many negative bug related glitches that I didn't update.
    I will in future revert back to updating as you have so wisely suggested.
    Thanks again.
    Pre-Amp

Hi OhG,
    Do you have your KPA on, KPR connected and in performance mode? Is it connected to your computer and synced with RM?
    If that is all good, I would have thought the performances you have set up could just be dragged onto your profiler My Performances folder in Rig Manager. These should then appear on your profiler in Performance mode.
    Anyone else confirm this?
    Kind regards
    Pre-Amp

Hi Everyone,
    I've already opened a support ticket for this, so I'm after opinions really seeing as it is the weekend!
    I had an error message a couple of weeks ago while on a FX heavy rig.
    it said DSP error communication with DSP board failed.
    I just pressed ok and rebooted the KPA and it worked fine. Not see it since though I haven't played much.
    The second error message came today as I went to do a backup of my KPA before updating to latest firmware.
    It's currently on 4.0.0.12028B. I avoided going to 4.1 as it seemed full of even more bugs.
    The error message occurred as I was about to remove the USB stick after the backup process. See Photo.
    Is this because I tried to backup from a beta?
    i've asked support what they think I should do and I will follow their advice.
    Has anyone else had either of these problems?
    The only reasons I did the backup was through good habits and I had quite a few morphing rigs going on in Performance mode. wanted to keep those settings rather than start again in latest firmware if something else went wrong.
    Any thoughts?
    Pre-Amp

I'm sorry I ducked out of the loop for a millisecond, would you repeat that so I can tap back into the thread. I feel I may decay too much and end up reflecting on it time and time and time again chasing my tail...
    Still I'm sure I can slap back into action... Etc etc etc.
    Pre-Amp
    :)

Welcome to Kemperland!
    Being David Gilmore helps somewhat!
    If that's not possible, do what Ingolf suggested!
    Balancing the Aux In takes a little time, I tend to use space sparsely! Too much reverb + space + NASA contacting interface leads to mush which really should be hushed!
    Good luck!
    Pre-Amp

Hi Everyone,
    Gigged with 4.0 last night. Morphing made a huge difference where I used it. Fortunately no crashes or odd tuner behaviour. I did notice (as did some of my band mates ) that some rigs seemed to have become louder. This was strange but could simply have been other factors than just the Kemper.
    I forgot to reassign the morph to Wah setting so had a quick dive to settings during one song!
    I still think the Wah sounds more segmented rather than a clean smooth sweep now.
    I use a DVP3x expression pedal.
    Incidentally, I believe the distortion mix thing to be a bug. I really feel like I am learning to use a new product in many ways which is quite exciting!
    Despite the bugs (this is a Beta after all) I am amazed at the work put in by the Kemper team and their commitment
    to their ever improving product.
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

Hi Everyone,
    Still on 4.0 rather than the latest update.
    I've noticed that morphing values do not work in the Graphic EQ. The numerical values change but the graphic bars remain static and there is no change in tone. I even tried setting up two Graphic EQ's and fading up one mix parameter and down on the other. No go, didn't work.
    When arranging performances in (most recent) RM it was the same story with names not being copied and at times whole performances seemed to get shunted down the list. Fortunately disappeared but it took a long time and I triple checked everything as a result.
    I saved every performance as I went through because initially the rigs weren't copying properly. However, eventuallyall rigs got there including those with morphing. So that's good.
    I've also noticed that when booting up into performance mode the profiler can get stuck in tuner mode. A restart sorted that out.
    Finally I got a cannot contact
    DSP message in one rig. Again went away after a re start.
    Cheers for now.
    Pre-Amp

Hi Everyone!
    I moved to 4.0 last night. Not noticed all the performance issues but scrolling was a bit wierd as I recall. I did notice that on Rigs where I need to use my expression pedal for Wah, the Wah didn't sound as smooth as usual, more of a staged incremental shifting of tone.
    Has anyone else experienced this?
    I reduced the rise and fall times to zero and this (I think) helped a bit.
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

Top flight Amps, top flight FX, top flight interface with minimal set up time and weight. That's what attracted me to Kemper. Their continued commitment to improving on amp features, FX and user interface both with firmware updates and development of the remote is what keeps me from buying other gear.
    I am patient and will be grateful when 4.0 arrives. Kemper have done a good
    job so far. They can never please all the people all the time!
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

Prayers and heartfelt sympathy to all victims and relatives caught up in the attacks in Belgium today.
    Belgium is a beautiful country at the heart of the European family of nations. It is in our hearts that we all hurt tonight.
    With compassion.
    Pre-Amp

Fellow Kemperes.
    Let's not get 'angry' over the download of some computer code that allows us to manipulate sound using our feet. Let's be positive, patient, understanding and open minded about the situation.
    Sure it is an error to hint at dates at a show and miss that hinted deadline. Even if it did come from CK himself,
    it is still just an error, we've all
    made them...
    Kemper release when they are ready, for good reason. It's always worth the wait and frankly people would only moan if it was released and then didn't work.
    Finally, it is for FREE.
    So, let's be calm, cool and collected. It
    always makes the wait seem shorter and less stressful.
    All the best everyone.
    Pre-Amp
    :)

Hi OhG,
    Firstly, welcome to Kemperland!
    Secondly, if you have not done so already, may I suggest reading the manual as this will be of value in the long run.
    Thirdly, ensure you have enough food in for the next few days, nothing requiring any cooking. Multipack of water bottles/beverages of your choice.
    Phone off, send the neighbours on a
    cruise, power up, plug in and enjoy the unbelievable quality and diversity of sonic joy that is the KPA!
    Oh yes and have the manual out while you play!
    Kind regards
    Pre-Amp

Hi Guitarjazzman,
    I use IEMs but found mixing Aux outputs with my guitar signal in them caused lots of phasing and latency problems.
    I now take a main mix from the desk to
    a headphone amp and put up with no control over levels. We don't have enough Auxes to send one without guitar to me, but if we did, I could then
    simply mix my guitar in on the Kemper with no effect on FOH.
    I hope to be able to find a way to do this in stereo but it requires a new desk!
    I use the cable listed below to avoid wire ties and cable tangle but it's not a high quality robust piece of kit. just the only one like it I could find at the time!
    I hope this helps?
    http://www.andertons.co.uk/gui…uitar-headphone-cable.asp
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp