Posts by OhG

Okay, so I'm in browse mode and this is what I do:

• Press the system button (regardless of whether I press and hold, or just press it, it takes me to the same menu)
    • In there, I get 12 pages worth of stuff to scroll through. They consist of: LCD setup, LED setups, User Interface, Remote Settings, Remote Pedal 3-6, Pedals, Browse Mode PrgChg, a screen that says "Not available in Browse Mode", MIDI Settings, Date & Time, Rig Management, Device Info.
    • If I push the Output button, I get 5 screens consisting of: Output source, Output Volumes, Monitor Output EQ, Main Output EQ, Output Addons. In the Output Addons is where I see the Headphone Space option right above one of the rotary knobs. But there are no options for Pure Cab anywhere.

I read the manual. It says it's in the output section. So I went into the output menu. I can see something that says "Headphone Space", but I haven't seen anything that says Pure Cab. I've scrolled through all 5 pages of the Output section menu.

I just downloaded all 30+ folders from the Tim Owens HAWP Friedman BE series that he did, and I can't wait to try them. He has about 30 folders labeled as "Phase 1, Phase 2, etc.". Within each of those folders, there are a ton of profiles. So by the time I imported them all, there are over 300+ Freidman profiles. Am I doing something wrong? I mean, I can't imagine anyone would need 300+ profiles of any single amp on the Kemper. Am I only supposed to download the last phase in the series (resulting in about 10 profiles)?

Hey guys,

What am I doing wrong? I just downloaded all 30+ folders and imported all the profiles. There are over 300 Friedman BE profiles. I'm assuming I don't need all of them. Which ones are the "final" profiles? Should I just download and import only those in the final Phase for each amp? I just can't imagine I'm doing this right because nobody would need over 300 versions of a single amp on their Kemper, correct?

There's a limit to how deep folders will go - I think you get your own folders and sub-folders under those, and that's it.

The file name is not what is shown on the display (and they have nothing to do with each other). In your example, I think that profile will show up as just HAWP-1 BE GAIN-4. Unless the "name" tag in the profile is different.
    You can rename that "name" tag in the rig manager, I believe. And you can't remove the original author of the amp or the cab portions of the profile, so no worries there :)

Awesome. That's all perfect!

Okay, that makes sense.

Also, what determines how the profile is shown on the Kemper's LED screen? I ask, because if for example, I'm using one of Tim Owens' Friedman profiles (HAWP-1 BE GAIN-4 - 2015-01-05 18-32-18.kipr), is that long file name what will come up? If so, can I just rename it to whatever I want and have that show up in the LED instead? At the same time, I don't want to remove any credit to Tim for the work he did in creating these profiles either. But I'd rather just have it labeled as something like "Friedman BE - High Gain" or Friedman BE - Clean", etc.

That way, I could have my structure broken down by amp types instead if I wanted to. A folder for all the Friedmans, then one for Marshalls, etc. And maybe inside those folders, have separate folders for clean and dirty profiles.

I don't have my computer in front of me, and therefore don't have access to the Rig Manager manual right now, (apparently it's only available when you're in Rig Manager, which kind of stinks).

Is there a general consensus on what is the best way to store all of the .kipr files (which I'm assuming are the profiles) in Rig Manager? I noticed that when I download a pack, it comes with several different sub-folders, and within those sub-folders are many different .kipr files. For example, the Tim Owens package that is listed on this forum has a folder of about 32 Friedman folders and a few Splawn folders. In each of those folders, it looks like there are multiple profiles. So how do you all recommend storing/organizing them?

Do you use a method like this?

All Rigs (folder)
    Local Library (folder)
    -----HAWP (the Tim Owens folder)
    ----------HAWP Friedman BE100 Phase-01 (folder)
    ---------------HAWP-1 BE GAIN-4 - 2015-01-05 18-32-18.kipr
    ---------------HAWP-1 BE GAIN-7 - 2015-01-05 18-34-12.kipr
    ----------HAWP Splawn QuickRod Phase-01 (folder)
    --------------QR3-1P1B1M3T1OD1 - 2015-01-31 14-06-04.kipr
    --------------QR3-1P1B1M3T1OD2 - 2015-01-31 14-13-43.kipr
    -----TAF (folder
    ----------TAF JCM800
    ---------------same process as above, listing individual Amp Factory JCM800 kipr files in this folder
    ---------------same process as above, listing individual Amp Factory JCM800 kipr files in this folder

Or, should I just remove all the kipr files from their individual folders and dump them all into one folder under the "Local Library" folder?

I'm just wondering what you all recommend for the best practices when it comes to storing your profiles.

Just for reference, this is very similar to what most of the medium to high gain profiles sounded like through my headphones (Bose QC15's). Also, this is not me in the video, it's just a clip of a sound that is similar to what I heard. Again, I KNOW that the Bose headphones aren't the best way to judge the Kemper, which is why I'm not even plugging it in again until I get my Yamaha DXR10 this Friday.

Fast forward to the 2:00 minute mark in this video, and this is a decent representation of the tones that I heard coming from my Kemper. They aren't as bottom heavy as this clip is. But overly saturated, stale, brittle, etc. Those are all words that I'd use to define how the sounds were through the headphones. And what makes it even worse, is that I have no interest in heavy/death metal. So while this sound may work for that style of music, it doesn't work at all for the classic and modern rock tones that I need in my cover band. I'm hoping that some of the Amp Factory and Tim Owens profiles help with this. I'll try those Friday.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks Michael,

I plan to do all of those things when I get my Yamaha DXR hooked up this Friday.

On the Kemper website there are some rig packs you can download it will be in one of them, Off the top of my head I can't remember which one sorry :)

Hey Raoul,

I still can't find this one. When you have a moment, could you point me in the right direction? I went to the Kemper site as you mentioned, and did a search for "TAF JCM800" but it brings up nothing. Is it in one of the free packs from The Amp Factory?

I've just downloaded the "AGL Some Marshall" rigs from the Kemper website as Ingolf suggested, and all of the Friedman BE and Splawn profiles that Tim Owens has posted. I'm going to load all of these up this week and try them with the Yamaha DXR 10 when that arrives.

Again, Pure Cabinet! I also use my Kemper live, coming from tube amps, and this setting is what you need to enable in order to really enjoy the sound coming out of your Kemper. You don't need to do a factory reset, but do make sure you have the latest firmware installed. Trust me! :)

I'll be sure to turn that on before my next test. I don't want to use it again until I get my Yamaha because like Ingolf said, I don't want to put any more negative thoughts into my head until I have the correct setup to test it with. I doubt I need a factory reset either. But since I haven't made any changes at all (other than entering my name into it), I'll go ahead and do that too since it can't hurt and I don't have to worry about backing anything up at this point.

Regarding the factory rigs, I dislike 90% of them, so I feel your pain. That being said, I've never played any modeler, multieffect, etc that I didn't dislike 90% of the presets.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. I do intend to load the high quality stuff this week (Tim Owens Friedman stuff, some Amp Factory and Michael Britt profiles). Then test those when the Yamaha DXR arrives on Friday.

In this thread you write that you have been reading this forum for over a year learning about the kemper, but I'm a bit surprised that it seems like you've never heard a kemper before, seen videos or read about how pros and tube amp users use it. There are thousands of videos and songs online. link Just bought a Kemper - need some help

I have been reading on this forum for over year. Well before the Controller came out (because that was one of the reasons I didn't buy the Kemper to begin with - no controller). But all the reading in the world can't change what comes out of the Kemper when I do the initial test run of it's factory settings. The thread you referenced "Just Bought a Kemper - need some help" is one that I started, because I wanted to get a headstart on any adjustments that I need to make. Again, I'm not using my headphone test as my final decision. I knew it wouldn't sound great through headphones, but I didn't expect it to be that bad either. I've already asked around for the best profiles (in another thread), so I'm going to load those up tonight so that I'll have them ready to go on Friday when I receive my DXR10.

I'm holding out hope for the Kemper. But that first listen was like taking the first punch to the gut in a boxing match.

All I can say is, when your Yamaha FRFR comes in, give it some volume, I'm not talking concert level volume. at the same time it can't be low level practice volume.

Believe me, the one thing I'm not shy about is volume. (c: I crank my tube amp on stage for gigs, so I want to be able to do the same thing with this.