Posts by chrislisting

Dude , same boat: I was having a HARD time justifying it too after I got my kemper, and I had to deal with a defective unit and now the pe60 and bx5a are all gone/damaged, but I got the new replacement decided to take the higher road and totally invest in the best!

KEMPER 4 LIFE!

Great post and history dude :)

with that in mind, and my similar experimentation, SOMETIMES you have to take a leap of faith based on others (and rightly so thanks to digital age)

now the German guys here know their shit, and I'm saying that as a non-German, so if they all agree, I do listen attentively to what they say

i did same with kemper, I ditched the axe and 11r and took a leap of faith on kemper, I don't have any way of testing $50,000 worth of all the digital stuff out, you know? It's impossible

its like a VERY expensive guitar, you can't always try it, you have to buy it to see

I bought a one of 24 ibanez
    guitars(rarest guitar perhaps in the electric supersttrat market) from Sweden without touching it, cuz I had no way to try it first; best purchase of my life!!

the kemper and this forum is proof enough to me that these fellas know what they are doing and talking about: so I listen :)

I know what your saying and I agree with your sentiment

but as I said, I didn't mean to impose or cause any feelings of superiority("fanboy"), if it did sorry

i feel im amongst friends and we are trying to all help one another achieve the sound they are looking for

thr matrix IS on par, but again FOR ME , I needed certain feature, and the neo soubds like its not only #1 I'm terms of reviews but it's lighter for my destroyed spine

so no put downs intended, but I do speak honestly and bluntly , and based on all reviews and feedback here, the whole thing came down to Neo over matrix

if you can convince me otherwise, I'll listen to your argument/review/perspective

you can contact me here or PM

:)

duh.... You guys ;)

but really, I was truly looking for the best cab a few months ago when I had a near fatal back injury in car accident, so as I sat home, I waited and read, and this finally pushed me and motivated to really look at options on the hi end (as you know I was using an entry/mid level pe60) but you all made it easier to decide, coupled with the new neodymium so I can have a light cab for my back if have to move it

plus Tom king is a helluva guy, and I love supporting smaller, "local" business, especially for areas or interest I'm passionate about

so NEO WEDGE IS ON DA WAY! :D lol

Dude CLR is clearly the winner, I'm sorry if I sound authoritative or dismissive , but after my skepticism I converted to full believer:

i I am already finalizing my Neo active purchase atm

its same as the classic modeler debate: go hi end with kemper or axe, middle with 11r or low end with pod, but we know if u want the best which to buy

In my past experience, being the new (noob) guy comes with a bit of a break in, especially when learning from the experts ;) so I didn't want to start any trouble or seem overly sensitive. I felt like I could say something now, but again, it's a post here or there, and it's not a huge deal, I just thought perhaps I had given a poor precedent or poor first impression to some of you, and I wanted to say, what's past is past, and I'm here to learn, so if I make a mistake please have patience. That's really what I hoped would be garnered, not a desire to start trouble or b!tch lol

Thanks for the genuine response Gian

No man, as I said, it was NOT aimed at you, it was an amalgamation toward many posts (not necessarily posters mind you as you are all well mannered and respectful)

it was certain posts before, and I felt that this was a good time to address it

i apologize if it seemed like you were singled out, you've bwen very kind to me gianfranco

Dude, I've been very calm in reacting to some of the overbearing or to a certain extent tactless ways of countering my
    poorly informed posts, and I do wish I could hang with you guys on your expertise and knowledge, but obviously I don't know nearly as much, I don't like feeling like I'm ignorant or should stay quiet

i ask you please do me a common courtesy, don't tell me what to do/how to do it, or argue with me about my shit or insinuate I'm lying, if I say it shorted, that's what happened, even if I said it wrong

no offense but if my conceptual understanding is wrong I don't mind and encourage the correction, but don't take my beginner knowledge and extend that into my being generally ignorant bro, and then patronize me like im a dum dum,

it happened three times in the thread and I'm simply bringing what I am perceiving as dismissive attitudes to my posts as slightly alienating and at times leaning on disrespect that is making me feel unwelcome, and I don't like that I'm feeling graded here because I've made the kemper group my home online as far as my music forum and I don't want to feel like I'm an outsider because I'm "not as smart as you"

I'm not a technician or engineer so if the technical explanation is unclear or wrong that's on me, and I have a slight learning/mental disability that makes my syntax sometimes unbearable to others,

but the short circuit did happen since the OS was completely on the fritz and then I'm assuming the spike from the short circuit is the result from volume damage, do I know? No I don't know shit really, but i know the order in which my things malfunctioned

SO WE can move on, but I hope I don't have to be defensive, especially when most or nearly all of you are some of the most helpful and nice guys I've met on a forum

thats not an important point to why I'm here anyway: I'm here to say I'm buying the active wedge but I can't choose between ferrite and neo, difference is weight, but how much weight is worth a few hundred dollar price difference ?

thank you and I hope I am indeed welcome to post freely here