Posts by chrislisting

Hi guys

pardon my syntax because I'm having trouble on my iPhone but...

i I dislike pedals and stomp boxes, effects in general except reverb really

what I do love is gain from the amp, which is why I love mesa

but on my keeper, sometimes the gain dialed to 10 isn't enough or "right", and I often dial it down to 7 and throw on a pedal

now, can someone suggest how to learn the way the profiled rig will react ?

like how to get right gain without the distortion pedal (button/effect)
    Thx

Fair enough, but guys, let's not derail with more justifications , points were made all around, I think we all agree there are points that make sense and preference plays apart, I also had no desire to be "misleading " so I will bow out respectfully here ;)

Can I then slightly derail at this point to ask what pups you guys favor:

for my favorite:
    EBMM 7 strings I have
    lundgren m7/liquifire (Jp XI 7)
    illiminators (majesty)

ibanez:
    lace deathbucker alumitones set

for 8 string, I go active with
    EMG 81-8/85

I love lace and lundgren a lot!

I hope it is indeed clear I was trying to put out a cheap alternative to the CLR because I wish I was told when I was looking into modelers and amplification

I know what you mean if the op is set on something though, but I wasnt trying to
    dissuade anyone,

but id like to add, FRFR for a guitar isn't necessary as its a mid range frequency instrument u know? I'm all for it but purists and audiophiles should be aware that FRFR range exceeds the instruments , but still, for all intents and purposes I support kemper + FRFR

( ps and thanks for the point support on that "pe60 as a alternate cheaper FRFR" nightlight, for a second I thought I was the only pe 60 fan here lol)

Ask tech21 yourself bro, plus your opinions your opinion , I could say your wrong that they're unrelated, and be right too, just like that.

Seriously i I got this from tech21 so I'll trust an amp company when it comes to amp buying (and my point ,not that I need to justify my 2 cents interjection, was suggesting a similar cheaper option as a helpful tip)

Well I'm not taking a definitive position because my experience is far limited compared to many of you. However it seems mostly the consensus is enhancement of distinguishing characteristics , which is indicative of me not experimenting enough with the profiler, plain and simple

Ok so now I'll explain my understanding as it looks like I wasn't too far off.
    tone matching is just copying waves and spitting back like a synthesizer recording an effect then playing it on different keys to correspond change in musical note/frequency.
    profiling is tone matching PLUS capturing sonic signatures of different volumes to reproduce tone AND tonal dynamics

now how close am I and where can I improve on the understanding?

Not to float your boat, but what does it have to to with this thread?
    Also, of course you're entitled to prefer the PE 60, but not for the reason of being a neutral sounding FRFR speaker which the OP is obviously looking for.
    You simply seem to like the Celetion 70/80 which the PE 60 is equipped with.
    But with the PE 60 you can never experience the differences of well captured profiles.

For the record, I have nothing against the PE60, I have owned one in the past and it is great for what it does.

what do you mean exactly? It's VERY close (to being neutral n uncolored) if not preferable to FRFR and I suggested it for the reason I'm similarity but with cheaper price.