Posts by Kemper Support #1

As it turns out the problem is caused by the polarity of the switches that you use. Please use the polarity switch and recalibrate the switches in the system menu or select the Profiler switch option as the type on the same page and calibrate.

All you need to take care of is that you are running your session at 44,1 khz and that your audio interface is configured to be the sync slave (external clock).
    You can either record the fulll stereo signal coming from the Profiler to a stereo track or use the Git/Stack option for theS/PDIF output on the output source page of the output menu to record a mono DI signal and a mono Stack signal on 2 mono tracks at the same time. You can then use the DI track later on for reamoing.

Have you tried different pedal inputs?
    Have youtried to set the knob on the pedal to a different value?
    The bar underneath the calibrate button should only move when you sweep the pedal.
    A pulsing motion could point to a faulty pedal or cable.
    Have you used the pedal successfully before?

Yes, this is the exact reason I bought a non-powered KPA. I too have used a stereo live rig for many years (Digitech 2101> Mesa-Boogie 295> 2 - 4x12 Cabs). Now that my army and I have downsized this is still possible and simple, unfortunately I cannot use any of my old cabs. Instead I run two Yamaha DXR12's from the Main Out and use both the L/R from the Main Outs to the board. It's pretty much the only way to do it since you can't turn off the 1/4" outs from the XLR outs in the KPA at the same time. Otherwise your stuck with mono from the monitor out...

If you are running FRFR monitors you can set the monitor and direct out to master left and master right in the output menu and thus have a second stereo pair that you can control independently from the main outs.

I realize that for some time I've been doing something dumb. Once performance mode came out, I never went back to browse mode. I'd just create more and more rigs in performance mode, quite a few of them with the same amp stack, but with unique tempo and post effect setting for the most part. I now have 12+ performances full of song-specific rigs. Actually, since I often get by with either one rig or two for each song, there are literally 30 songs worth of Rigs. I've been copying and pasting the rigs that I need for a live set into two performances that I write over each weekend. However, as we add songs to our library, about 2 a month, it's taking longer and longer to find the ones I need. ( I lead worship services and we have around 40 songs that are used every couple months each )

I think what I should have been doing is creating the song specific rigs in browse mode and then dialing them up from the browse knob when I'm in performance mode, as opposed to searching through 12 performance banks for the rigs I need. Is there anyway to take the rigs created in performance mode and dump them in browse mode?

Simply select the slot in the performance that you want to populate with a rig and turn the browse knob above the display. This will give you access to the list of rigs that exist in browse mode. Select the desired rig by turning the browse knob and it will be loaded into the slot.

Panorama works like expected on my Profiler under 4.0.6
    Please check the value for the space parameter in the output menu. Space is applied at the very end of the signal chain and is independent of the panorama value. If you raise it and have the headphone space unchecked it will output signal on both stereo channels for the main outs and the headphones.

As I could not reach my KPA for 3 weeks - I wanted to update now to 4.06 Release (I had 4.06 Beta)

I downloaded the zip-File an made an unzip - replaced the kaos.bin at the USB stick with the new version, and expected an update. But nothing happened.
    I checked via System the OS at KPA - still it was the Beta.
    Now I compared the kaos.bin of the Beta release I have downloaded at 13.7.2016 with the kaos.bin I have downloaded today and found out that the are the same. See atachment. (both are from 07.07.2016 - 16:24)
    I will write to suppert, but also want to inform you - if somebody face the same issue.

I had no problem to update from the 4.0.6 public beta to the 4.0.6 release version. Does the External Storage menu show up after the stick has been inserted? Are you starting the Profiler with the stick inserted or do you insert the stick after the Profiler has fully booted?