Posts by Kemper Support #1

as clearly stated on the front page of our website the customer support team works between Monday to Friday. The OP has sent 147 emails between Saturday and Sunday mostly consisting of insults and threats.

Regardless of this we did reply this morning offering to help.

Das geht bei mir, aber da habe ich den Output Regler nur noch mit Kopfhörer verknüpft , alles andere fest eingestellt, und die Output Einstellungen sind meinem Eindruck nach dann im Rig mit gespeichert.. Wenn ich Volumen ändern will, dann am UFX der dem Kemper nachfolgt..
    Solange dem Ausgang der Volumen Regler zugeordnet ist, ging das bei mit nicht. Ich finde das cool so ..

die Output Settings sind global und werden nicht mit den Rigs gespeichert. Tatsächlich ist ein Speichern garnicht notwendig, da die Einstellungen auch einen Neustart überleben.

you cannot delete anything in the list of available options for each voice. You can however create 2 user scales for each rig in the Profiler in case none of the other available options fits the application you have in mind. This could for example be the case where a tune is in harmonic minor and you need the major 7th instead of the minor 7th.

The 2 default scales are just placeholders or examples of what can be done with the user scales. Instead of setting each step to zero the programmer figured it would be more useful to offer a musical scale.

I'm just trying to find the answers in my post #4 and what harmonic interval they are intending with the two user scales and why they are included and non delete able. (Are they just templates etc?)That should be explained. Support told me the two are identical and obviously they are not. Same interval above and below the tonic maybe but not identical. No one has communicated that my questions have been forwarded or may be possibly answered except for that the the user scales cannot be deleted. I don't want to put a scale in if it is there forever & can't be deleted so that is another thing I am trying to find out before I do.

Sorry if you think I am being critical, but manuals should be proofed, and written in a way that is understandable. I'm surprised no one has brought this up in all these years.

that sounds like a fundamental misunderstanding . A userscale does not present a single interval but is a table where you can define a different interval for every step of the chromatic scale by offsetting the pitch for each of the 12 steps in the chromatic scale by a positive or negative value. F.e. if you set step 0 to -5 you will get a 4th below the rootnote. A +4 for step 1 will produce a major third upward for that step and so forth. Since you can setup a different userscale for each of the two voices you can create complex 3 part harmonies even for the passing notes that do not belong to whatever scale you are actually playing in. In case you do not need that kind of complexity and you are looking for a simple third above or below the actual notes you are playing you can use the setting of - or +4 for one of the voices. As long as you stick to the key that you have chosen the Profiler will automatically switch between the major and minor third.

Update: I think I found out what is causing the confusion. The manual describes the user scales as they appear in the Profiler Head and Rack model. If I look at the same user scales in the Stage both User scales use the same settings (aka major) while User Scale 1 in the head model is minor and User scale 2 is major. The term voice 1 and voice 2 in the picture at the bottom of page 190 is misleading. User scale 1 and 2 would be more appropriate.

I sent a note to the copywriters.

Please stop assuming that we have no control over our documentation just because a chromatic scale was called a blues scale.

Your question why the copywriter called the userscales blues scales has been forwarded to the copy writer. Let`s wait for his reply.

Maybe the whole thing was just a misunderstanding.

the issue of the previous posters was a loss of signal while you report that the whole unit powers off unexpectedly. Please open a ticket with our support team using the contact form in the support section of the Kemper website to get you sorted.

Hi,

I'm having an issue too and stumbled on this. I don't think you can solve mine, but maybe I can solve yours... On the "Console" program that comes with your Apollo, there's a row of settings at the bottom of the page: Tempo, Rate, Clock. Clock can be set to S/PDIF and then it should work perfectly fine as a slave to your Kemper. (Also the Rates need to be set the same I think.)

I don't know if it's as simple of that, but that works for me and I get audio. My issue is that it worked beautifully earlier in the year, but in the last month I updated the firmware for both the Kemper and the Apollo, and now I get an intermittent crack/pop on the digital line. Tried everything. Writing UAD support now...

please update to 8.02 release. It contains a bugfix that was related to SPDIF sync issues.

VST plug ins do not use the inputs of the sound card but only the outputs. Maybe there is a phase issue with the cables that you are using to go from the TS outputs to the Mini Jack inputs or you are clipping the inputs. Can the card inputs handle line level signals? Do you perceive any improvement in the signal quality when you lower the output level of the Profiler main outputs to something around -20 dB?

One way to find out what causes your issue is connecting a headphone to the Profiler and check if the signal sounds different from the results you are getting through the sound card.

you can download the main manual from the download page in the support section of the Kemper website. It covers every aspect of the product. Please reply to my question about the soundcard that you are using.

Headphones with TRS jacks are standard in the music industry. If you only have earbuds you can get an adapter for those.

Gitarren produzieren ein sehr leises Signal. Insofern ist es völlig normal dass das DI Signal ziemlich "verhungert" aussieht. Das hat keinerlei negative Auswirkungen auf das Reamping Ergebnis.

Um das DI Signal im Pegel zu erhöhen kannst du den Clean Sens Wert im Input Menu aufdrehen. Um beim Reamping optimale Ergebnisse zu erzielen muss dann aber der Reamp Sens Wert um den exakt gleichen Wert abgesenkt werden, da ansonsten das Signal mit einem zu hohen Pegel wieder in den Profiler zurückgeschickt wird.

please check the volume pedal settings in the rig menu. The range should be set to -5 for full volume control. You can also determine the actual position of the pedal in the signal chain on that page and if you want to apply the setting that you chose for every rig make sure to activate the "vol ped lock" option.

to send the full signal of the Profiler including all effects and the amp stack to your looper you need to set the output source of the Direct output to Master mono.

The init globals function assigns the git/analog source to the direct output which represents the totally unprocessed guitar signal.