Posts by Kemper Support #1

Sorry to hear about that. This does not meet our quality standards. Please contact our support team through our website and we will arrange a replacement for the faulty cable.

Nope - see attached photos. If you look at Crunch when I have that rig selected, the "Slot Enabled" button in top right is greyed out. So I can't do anything with the slot. The button above the Slot Active tick box doesn't do anything as that selection is greyed out. The second pic shows an available slot #2, where I can modify.

So...I have 4 slots to play with & not 5. There might be many users using 5 slots without any worries...but I can't & that's why I'm posting here right....

your assumptions are incorrect. You can find all the relevant info regarding this in the main manual that you can download for free from our website.

you should set the Profiler output level to a value that does not clip your mixing board inputs when you use the line level inputs on your board.

With most outboard gear this is achieved with levels around -12 dB. If you use the Main outputs you can also activate the -12dB option in the output menu which will attenuate the signal level on the analog side. For the optimal settings of your mixing board you should consult the manual of that board to ensure optimal gain staging inside that unit. Using an attenuator box with the Profiler is pointless and if you connect it to the speaker output it will damage your Profiler and possibly also the attenuator box.

the performance in the video was created for that video. Of course all 5 slots in a performance can be set just like it is shown in the video. The process how to set up a performance is also outlined in the manual. Please contact support if you have trouble setting up a performance according to those guidelines. There must be some misunderstanding because the vast majority of our customers is using this without any issues.

You didn't answer why there are example performances in my Kemper when purchased btw. Is this normal?

Also, what you describe is different to this video...

sorry if my reply was not clear enough. When I said that "What you describe is the factory default state of the Profiler." I was referring to the fact that every Profiler is delivered with the content you were describing. Everything else I wrote about how to set up performances is true and corresponds with the video from our website. If you have trouble setting up a performance that way please open a ticket and one of our staff will help you. You can also call our support hotline if you prefer that.

What you describe is the factory default state of the Profiler. In each new performance the first slot is enabled and uses the Crunch rig. Simply select a different rig by turning the browse knob while the first slot is selected and store your selection before you load the next performance.

As soon as you select thenext slot you can load another rig with the browse knob and the slot becomes enabled automatically. You may disable every slot later on but the first one. That one is always enabled. That is the reason why the slot enabled option is greyed out for it.

The CC commands that are generated by expression pedals that are connected to the Profiler are probably not what you are looking for when you use a unit that needs a CC to control its on/off state or uses CC to change between presets. The CCs that the the Profiler sends are meant to be used to change values in a continuous matter aka to sweep a filter, change the volume of a device that is connected to the MIDI out etc. Static CCs are not available in the Profiler. If you want to change the on/off state of an external device, program one preset that does not change the incoming sound (aka a "bypass" preset) and call that up with the appropriate MIDI program change number every time you want to mute that external effect. Send a different program change when you actually want to use a certain preset in the external device.

SPDIF will only guarantee that the sound arrives at your DAW without any coloration from additional DA/AD conversions. The quality of the interface will still have an influence on the sound coming out of your headphone or speakers. For simply playing along to playbacks from your computer you need a cable that connects the probably existing headphone output of your computer to the aux inputs of the Profiler which are TS type inputs. You can then balance the levels between the playback coming into the Aux inputs with the level of your guitarplaying and listen to the sum of it from the headphones output of the Profiler.

In ordeer to record the signals coming from the Profiler into your computer you need an audio interface. The Focusrite will allow you to do this on the most basic level. More sophisticated interfaces will offer you more inputs that make it possible to record more than just a stereo signal at the same time like an addditional DI track for later reamping purposes. Another thing you should be aware of is the fact that every interface has a different sound quality determined by the AD/DA converters that are being used in the interface. Another important thing is the quality of the headphone amp that is being used in the interface.

You can use the main outputs or the monitor and direct output of the Profiler for recording as well as the SPDIF output if your interface supports this. Under no circumstances should you use the speaker output to connect the Profiler to the interface as this will potentially destroy both components. The speaker output is exclusively for passive cabinets.