Posts by onosnd

Thanks again Tom for the poweramp. I got it today and the installation was really easy. The CLR is roaring again.

I hope you got you're support side sorted now :)

-f

Thanks guys for you're replies.

I guess I can't do more than send him emails daily until he answers something.
    Luckily I don't play (yet) for living so I got other things to do aswell.

But this kind of treatment bothers me a lot. You pay almost 1000$ for a piece of hardware.
    You expect it to work longer than 8 months or so and at least you expect it to have a decent warranty and support!

I will keep you guys posted.

Hope this message gets to Tom as well..

Best,

Sad CLR owner

Hi everybody.

I don't know if this is the correct place to write about this kind of stuff, but I'm getting really frustrated.

Let me tell you my story.

I bought an Atomic Amps Active CLR in august 2014.

After few months the power switch behind it broke so I had to plug the power cord for to be able to turn it fully off.
    I let it be for a while because it still worked, and I didn't want to send immediately to warranty repairs because of something like that.

Time passed and in May of 2015 the CLR went silent in my bands rehearsals while playing.

I contacted Atomic Amps support trough they're email they provided in they're webpage. This was on May 13th.
    I got response from Atomic Amps president Tom King on May 31th and we agreed to make a phone call to get a resolution on this matter.

After my holidays I sent an email to Tom for him to call me. On July 2nd we talked in phone and agreed that he would send me a new power amp section.
    He was really nice and was sorry for this had taken so long. He also told me to send him an email next week and ask for the power amp delivery which I also did. No response.
    After many emails I finally got an response (2nd of August) of him saying he was busy in England and he would be sending my new power amp section early next week.

I haven't since heard of him (1 month ago!!) I have sent multiple emails (my g-mail emails we're at some point going in to his trash..) asking for the power amp.. no responses.

I have also tried to contact him trough the official Facebook page of Atomic Amps.

My CLR broke 4 months ago, and i'm still waiting for the new power amp...

I think Tom was a nice guy on the phone and I like they're product. But the support is unbelievable _SLOW_.
    I've heard lot of praise how fast Tom is reacting on these kind of matters... sadly on my case this is the contrary.

I don't know what to do anymore..

Have any of you guys experienced something like this?

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem. I'd have to say, even that I love my CLR's sound, I feel the built quality isn't the best possible.. for that price at least to say.
    Couple of months ago my powerswitch broke in a way that I had to take off the powercord to be able to turn it fully off.

Now last tuesday it went mute during rehearsals and started to blink all 3 leds...

I did send a repair request to Atomic Amps support as I do have warranty left until next september.. no reply yet?

I feel that 3 days is already quite much for waiting such an answer..?

-f

BUG: UNO4KEMPER v1.1. pedals don't work properly when running in Performance mode. Switching back to Browse doesn't fix the problem and can also occasionally disable the whole fcb1010 controls. When fcb1010 is turned on the display says "Midi controller connected" instead of uno4kemper. Sometimes even resetting fcb1010 the pedals problem persists. Please look into it, thanks!

I havent't had that problem with the latest firmware and uno4kemper..

It's just you. ;)

I'm pretty sure Jay Mitchell, the developer, would deny this.
    There is certainly no break in for the speaker and I cannot imagine any change of sound in the circuitry which would actually be a bad thing.

I think I heard once or twice mentioned that normal guitar cab elements can get better sounding because they get warmer(?) :P

But yeah, It's prolly my ears fooling me ;)

Hey, I wonder if it's just me or does the CLR sound get better over some time (1-2h)? Maybe the element and some other circuits get warmer... don't know ;)