Posts by george_007

Hi Team!

Whem playing the output LED turns red sometimes. I understand that means the signal is to "hot" or strong.
    What output is this (Main, Monitor, Direct)? Or is it the signal from the step before the output that is too high?

But what's the impact?`It sounds good. Can I break something in the Kemper?

And how do I adjust it?

Regards
    Georg

Hi Team!

THE KEMPER PROFILER OS 4.0 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR FREE SOME TIME IN FEBRUARY 2016

That's what it says on the Kemper home page. And now OS 3.3.0 is released.
    Any point in upgrading to that one since 4.0 is around the corner?

Regards
    Georg

Actually you just press the soft key "Edit" when you're in Performance Mode and the click soft key "Slot Settings" and then soft key "Rename slot". Then change the name. Once done press "Exit" NOT Store.

DONE! No need to Store it which is odd.

Hi team!

When you save a rig you have the option to replace an existing rig but when I press store with the effects module in focus and want to store only the effects module I do not see that option. Is it possible to tweak an existing (self made and previously stored) effects module and then save it without getting a new effects module preset?

Regards
    Georg

Thanks!

Tested this today. I set the Gain for the mic pre-amp on the mixer to it's minimum
    and still the mixer was into "the red" on signal strenght for many of the distortion sounds.
    Lower the Master Volume solved that problem.

Igolf suggested to use XLR-XLR cables and that was all I had in the rehersal studio
    so I used those. This means I used the mic pre-amp on the mixer.

But, thinking about it I later realized that you can set the Main Volume in the Output Section
    as low as you want (seems like 95,8 dB is minimum). I checked mine when I got home and
    it was currently set to -27.4 dB and the Master Volume was at 1.0. (I lowered it to 0,5)

Should not that be ok to lower the Main Volume so that the mixer gets a good signal
    or should I for some reason not use a mic pre-amp on the mixer at all? Viabcroce, you said
    I should not use it at all and then I need to get some TRS-TRS cables since the line input on
    the mixer (and I think most mixers) are actually using TRS-TRS for line.

if that is so it can be a problem since many venues have an installed PA with XLR cables already
    available on stage and they are also probably plugged into the mic pre-amp on the mixer. So it does
    not help if i bring my own cables since the venues permanent installation many times means the
    cables are already there and well hidden going halfway across the room over to the mixer desk.

Regards
    Georg

Great!

Thanks! XLR-to-XLR does for some reason feel more proffesional.
    One guy wrote in his post that he set the output level on the Kemper
    to -20 dB which I got the feeling was the minimum. I'll try different levels
    to see where I end up.

So there is no "double mic'ing" being done with colouring to the sound if using the mic pre-amp in the mixer?
    Ergo, I'm wondering if whatever a mic pre-amp brings to the sound is already part of a rig in the Kemper.

Hi Guys!

I have read a little bit about this. It seems like most people say that you should not connect the Kemper to a mic pre-amp on the mixer but
    rather select a channel that does not have a mic pre-amp. This means I need one (or two for stereo) XLR-to-TRS cable.

What is the correct way? Does Kemper GmBH have an official recommendation?

Regards
    Georg

Thanks Viabcroce!

I thought that was the way it should work since the User Guide said:
    "Power the unit on by bringing the chicken head switch to the BROWSE position."

My Kemper only started if I turned it from OFF to something else than Tuner.
    But now it starts also when I turn it to Tuner. And if I understand you correctly
    that's the way it should be.

The actual chickenhead knob feels fine. Maybe there was some firmware issue?
    Anyway, I'll keep my eye on the chickenhead. I do still have warranty so will return
    it if it starts to malfunction.

Thanks! :)

Regards
    Georg

Hi guys!

I have searched the forums as well as the Internet but have not found anything about this.

Got my KPA a week ago. It was a slightly used one but I bought it from a local store with warranty.
    When starting it up the first time I did not have to enter my name and time so it was obviously not reset.
    I found a soft key that said "Factory Rigs" so I ran that and as a result I got a total of 1349 rigs in the Kemper.
    Next I installed to Rig Manager but only 1000 rigs where transferred.

I read in an article that only 1000 rigs could be stored in the Kemper so I thought I need to reduce the number of rigs.
    Also I got the message on start-up of the Kemper that I could not add any more rigs since the rig memory was full.
    I took a backup that resulted in 1298 rigs when mounting the backup in Rig Manager. The message from Rig Manager
    was that some of the rigs where duplicates.

After the backup I found a soft key on the Kemper that said delete all rigs except Favourites. I pressed it and the Kemper
    started deleting. And here is where the problem started. The Kemper froze. Nothing happened. It was on for two hour
    but with no progress I decided to turn it off.

After that it did not want to start. I unplugged the power for 15 minutes and after that it started again.
    BUT the funny thing is, now it powers on when I turn the chickenhead switch to Tuner. Before it froze it powered on when
    the chickenhead was turned to Browse.

Is this a problem?

Eveeything else seems fine. I upgraded the software from 2.3.1. to 2.3.2. and only 349 rigs appeared. I used the Rig Manager to
    remove them all but one and then used my backup to restore only 50+ of my favourites.

Everything seems to work. Syncing work with Rig Manager etc but the Kemper now always powers on when the chickenhead
    is turned from OFF to Tuner instead of from Tuner to Browse.

Is that ok?

Regards
    Georg