Posts by ECma7

That was awesome!
    I'm using the JHS Angry Charlie AT as well as many other great pedals in front of the Kemper.
    Thanks for the killer demo.
    I've got all Michael's profiles, which is this?
    I'm guessing the Cal Texan profile pack 3 ...

Make sure you audition profiles along with the music you intend on playing it to.
    You will be amazed at which profiles you choose with and without hearing them in context.
    Morning ears seem to yield best results for me.
    Careful to not get used to too much high end.

Played the Houston Arena Theatre with The Whispers last night.
    The Showman profile is now my go to clean profile.
    And I've got just about profile in the market...
    Thank you Bert!
    Emilio

it all depends what guitar, what profile, what pedal.

here's a great show with lots of demos
    check out all the shows.
    Love these guys
    That Pedal Show

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sound of pedals all depend on the profile you're using.
    I LOVE using pedals with the Kemper.

in front of Kemper

JHS Double Barrel
    Xotic SL Drive
    Wampler Tumnus (coming soon)

Also love using a compressor ppedal instead of the internal model.

Xotic SP Comp
    Wampler Ego

ALSO, I use the efx loop stereo

TC Electronics Flashback4X
    TC Electronics Corona Chorus

I'm considering the Boss ES-8 for pedal switching and Profile switching

I was a Line6 fanboy since the first pod.
    Until the day the Kemper (and the fractal axe fx)blew it out of the water, it was the best amp modeling we could get.
    If they didn't start from the ground up with the amp modeling, reusing the POD500HD amps, I'm not interested.
    And at triple the price of the POD500HD?
    My wish is the boys in Germany come up with a smallish foot-pedal version of the Kemper.
    Something that fits in the airplane overhead.
    Ciao,
    Emilio

Yeah, the primary reason is so I could switch amp sounds without that pesky aural vertigo from switching to totally different speaker/eq curves. Plus, there are guys that do a really great job of capturing amps with different cabs with different mic combinations. Plus, I'm kinda picky about how I want things to sound and I just really like the sound of my 3P cabs. I have a 212 and a 112 and they both have a CL80 and that speaker doesn't impart a lot of speaker tone. Some cabs/speakers sound so much like themselves that it kinda doesn't matter what you run into them, everything just sounds like the cabinet. To me, the 3P's do a good job of showing what the amp sounds like. There are guys that specialize in doing the full combo and such and they'd probably be better if you want that whole package tone (i.e. Vox AC30 through blues). Every now and then I'll mic the combo speaker, but as a rule I usually use the 3P speakers. It's just my personal preference and I do like that I can switch amps/rigs and they don't send my ears twisting to catch up.

Very good reasoning Michael.
    I find when auditioning rigs that vary wildly is hard to keep perspective.
    Your ears can be biased one way then the next moment another.
    Your profiles are all very consistent.
    The latest two bundles I believe are your best to date and I have them all.
    They do well when matching to other cabinets notably my own Seymour Duncan Convertible with a Warehouse G12C speaker.
    It's comparable to the Jensen C12n, I like a lot of twang.
    I bought the amp when it first came out 1980.
    I have completely recapped it and it sounds incredible.
    Someday soon I'll post the profiles.
    Thanks, EC

Midi cable OUT of the expander into the IN go the Kemper.
    Connect the long USB to mini USB from expander to the SoftStep2
    Note: when programing the SoftStep2 with the computer you'll need to connect the other USB from computer to SoftStep2.
    Put the SoftStep software in "Standalone" mode.

It took me a while to grasp all the possibilities of the SoftStep2 but now it's great.
    Here's a good tutorial to get you started.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey Michael,
    So, are you using the switch cab for ALL the profiles?
    If so that's amazing, the Champ profiles sound like the real thing!
    Great choice of amps.
    I'll be the fool at the front of the line when you release these.
    Thanks,
    EC

This series of videos helped me tremendously on using two mics, placement and keeping phase alignment.

External Content www.youtube.com