Posts by DukeTheCat

Wow, Thanks for all the support you guys!

Great tips and advice and really makes a guy feel welcome in this community.

I swear this forum is one of the best things kemper has going for it!

Here's the deal. I just opened up my guitar cleaned everything immaculately, I found a solder connection that looked "ok" but I re-did it anyways since I was in there. I fixed some minor intonation issues after a restring and I can't even believe the difference it made..... my mind is literally blown.

It seems like witchcraft to me because I honestly didn't expect it to fix anything but my guitar just CAME ALIVE! One of my pickups had some crap inside it that I have no idea what it was, plastic bits or something?

At any rate I plan to use all the tips here to further play with the tones but I think this is a legitimate point to be made to all new kemper users. the "s#*& in S#*& out" mantra is VERY true.

I'm amazed how big a difference it made and I suppose it is testament to how sensitive this gear is. The same guitar did not have any problems playing through my AC30 head or a Randall solid state OR other software but the kemper took whatever was going on and really brought it out. Dust, dirt, a not so great solder? whatever it was it is gone!

Right now my tones are sounding SICK! and VERY workable.

So happy.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Alright, well I've been playing with my KPA for about a week and a half. I know I still have a lot to learn about but for now I would just REALLY like to get some decent sound out of it.

Everything I play through has a harsh fizz when I but any kind of crunch or distortion on it (not talking crazy overdriven).

I've been lurking around here the past week looking for threads and trying other people's fixes for it but I can't seem to get rid of it.

I'm just using the two main outputs going into a Digi002 and coming out of some Rokits. The sound quality is no better on headphones either. I've tried making sure levels are all nice and low and never getting any red lights from my ins or outs.

my guitar has seymour duncan humbucker and duckbuckers in it. Even if I turn my guitar volume way down the fizz persists.

I just can't seem to get that nice crunchy distortion going on and am plagued by this fizz. I don't have much time today so tomorrow I plan to go over everything again and update this thread as I go through the process in th ehopes that someone can tell me where I'm screwing up. It seems to come from the Amp section of the stack a because when I turn it off I can hear my guitar and it sounds clear but obviously is way too quiet and lacking much character. I've tried turning down the definition and it helps a little but not fully. Same with adding in some pre-EQ and dialing down the highs . Even when it gets muddy I still have this fizz.

Thinking I could just have my levels off somewhere (hopefully) but I THINK I've already checked that. Though I'll try it again tomorrow.

So frustrating to know what the Kemper is capable of and not be able to get it going. I haven't had this problem with software amplifiers before either so I'm tempted to say it isn't anything with the guitar. I'm borrowing a friend's strat soon so I'll be giving that a little bit of time probably.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

The fizz you posted is very similar to what I'm experiencing.

I've only had the kemper a few days and am sure I'm doing some stuff wrong but have tried a few "solutions" without much result.

Was curious if you could expand a little on how you got it fixed.

Tomorrow I plan to spend a couple hours with a single profile and see if I can get it cleaned up via balancing all the various levels through the system.

Really hope I can get it figured out. Don't like spending too much time tweaking things like this... effects and tones sure... but this is maddening to not be able to get a decent distortion outta this thing.

I did manage to get a pretty good sound the other day from a clone tone of a pantera profile but can't recall what I did.... so back to the drawing board and this time i'm going to take notes.