Posts by TheWolf2103

... and what about the L6 JTV acoustic models? I won't be set up to record (or buy) a proper acoustic, so I'll be relying on the L6 sims.

I've been meaning to ask this since Bert released the pack. I've planned to record the JTV acoustics directly and process them with plugins 'cause I've got de-essers (for taming unnatural high-end bite), compressors and analogue-path sims such as Slate stuff. Just wonder if it might be worth sending the tracks through the Kemper with Bert's pack. It'd be four sets of AD / DA conversion that I'd otherwise only have reserved for reamping electric where necessary, but nevertheless, the thought is there...

For my live stuff I'm using the excellent 1959 Martin® D-28 model on my JTV-69 exclusively with the KPA for all acoustic sounds (finger picking & strumming) ...

... had very good results with Dorrus's profiles, but now with Bert's profiles I'm in acoustic heaven :P

... in a live situation it sounds probably as good as it gets ... IMHO

Cheers,
    Wolf

It's interesting that Kemper comes out with this. Honestly I would have expected the next piece of hardware to be a standalone expression pedal, because you know, it's something you can sell to both people with a remote to extend it as well as to those without who want a minimalist rig. So this is definitely out from the left field.

Looks like Kemper's expression pedal of choice is the Mission Engineering EP1-KP which they are selling in the Kemper online store - I have one of these, it is a perfect match.

Wow, @lonestargtr - you've done it again ... that 65 AC30 profile pack is just amazing ... depth, warmth & clarity - all you expect from a good AC30 ... and the way some of the more gainy profiles clean up ... you've captured the whole sound palette of a truly amazing sounding amp - thanks so much!

Cheers,
    Wolf

Can't comment on the G30 as I never used a wireless before the recent purchase of a G10.
    I tried a couple of them many years ago and didn't like the sound compared to a cable.

Decided to give it another shot 2 months ago when the G10 was released (simplicity and convenience of setup were the trigger) and was very positively surprised - the sound and feel is almost identical to my 5m Sommer xxl cable (if anything the G10 seems to add a very slight topend compared to my Sommer cable - which is easy to tweak).

Cheers,
    Wolf

I'm on OS 4.2 and switching between rigs in Performance mode (and Remote) is instantaneous, i.e. no perceivable audio latency ... plus the profiler has been very stable over the last 3 gigs - recommend to update as soon as possible!

Cheers,
    Wolf

Great update - great job Kemper dev team !!

- Stressfree update of KPA and software through Rig Manager

- Love the looper volume adjustability. The only thing missing is to arm a loop currently running to stop at the end of the loop. This is an essential ... also a longer looping time - 90 seconds or more would be great ...

- Compliments on how the global & individual pure cab options was implemented, makes complete sense to me - super!

- Now waiting for the Delay & Reverb improvements (especially the Spring reverb) :)

Cheers,
    Wolf

Oh yes - almost forgot - the instant Remote LED switching in line with the already instant rig switching in performance mode (I only use Performance mode live) is Gold! Three cheers to the Kemper team for solving this :thumbsup:

Yes,
    Sorry - just as @Inthrutheout described above - of course, 2 mono jacks into 2 RCA's for stereo, using only the left output sums the the signal to mono ... apologies for the misleading information.

Yep, BeatBuddy runs full stereo - the BeatBuddy has a stereo jack as output ... I use a audio cable with a TRS on one end (BeatBuddy) into 2 RCA's on the other end (L2t, PA) :)

Hi @skoczy,

Yes, for the smalIer duo gigs (restaurants, bars & hotels) I'm running my KPA into line level input together the BeatBuddy into the RCA input (and the singers mic into the mixer channel) of my L2t - sounds great! As long as you have a great & adequately powered FRFR solution (similar to the L2t) the BeatBuddy together with a (acoustic) guitar will sound great :)

Cheers,
    Wolf

Hi @skoczy,

No, the BeatBuddy currently can't detect the tempo on it's own ... with the BeatBuddy stopped you can hold the pedal for 2 secs - this will engage the tempo mode ... within the mode you can then tap the required tempo (hands free) ... leave it for another 2 secs & it will return into the standard mode to start a groove ...
    I have my BeatBuddy connected straight to my L2t (for best audio experience you should connect it straight to a FRFR system or PA!) & connected to my looper to sync ... you can connect your guitar or any audio directly to BeatBuddy to use it as an interface or use it with headphones - using it this way there maybe be a possibility in future might to detect tempo before engaging it or even while playing ... but, no - currently it doesn't.

Cheers,
    Wolf