Posts by TheWolf2103

Great update - great job Kemper dev team !!

- Stressfree update of KPA and software through Rig Manager

- Love the looper volume adjustability. The only thing missing is to arm a loop currently running to stop at the end of the loop. This is an essential ... also a longer looping time - 90 seconds or more would be great ...

- Compliments on how the global & individual pure cab options was implemented, makes complete sense to me - super!

- Now waiting for the Delay & Reverb improvements (especially the Spring reverb) :)

Cheers,
    Wolf

Oh yes - almost forgot - the instant Remote LED switching in line with the already instant rig switching in performance mode (I only use Performance mode live) is Gold! Three cheers to the Kemper team for solving this :thumbup:

Yes,
    Sorry - just as @Inthrutheout described above - of course, 2 mono jacks into 2 RCA's for stereo, using only the left output sums the the signal to mono ... apologies for the misleading information.

Yep, BeatBuddy runs full stereo - the BeatBuddy has a stereo jack as output ... I use a audio cable with a TRS on one end (BeatBuddy) into 2 RCA's on the other end (L2t, PA) :)

Hi @skoczy,

Yes, for the smalIer duo gigs (restaurants, bars & hotels) I'm running my KPA into line level input together the BeatBuddy into the RCA input (and the singers mic into the mixer channel) of my L2t - sounds great! As long as you have a great & adequately powered FRFR solution (similar to the L2t) the BeatBuddy together with a (acoustic) guitar will sound great :)

Cheers,
    Wolf

Hi @skoczy,

No, the BeatBuddy currently can't detect the tempo on it's own ... with the BeatBuddy stopped you can hold the pedal for 2 secs - this will engage the tempo mode ... within the mode you can then tap the required tempo (hands free) ... leave it for another 2 secs & it will return into the standard mode to start a groove ...
    I have my BeatBuddy connected straight to my L2t (for best audio experience you should connect it straight to a FRFR system or PA!) & connected to my looper to sync ... you can connect your guitar or any audio directly to BeatBuddy to use it as an interface or use it with headphones - using it this way there maybe be a possibility in future might to detect tempo before engaging it or even while playing ... but, no - currently it doesn't.

Cheers,
    Wolf

Hi @nightlight,
    The advantage of the BeatBuddy over conventional drum machines is not so much the programability (yes, you can do this also to your heart's content with the BB), it's the ability of having a very flexible and realistic sounding 'hands-free' drum machine in a stomp box format with the emphasis on live performance.

It certainly made my (Live & practice) life much more fun :)

... about the fixed song idea, BB development is apparently currently working on a update that let's you start a dedicated song structure with the possibility to freely manipulate ques for solos etc and then return to the initiial structure to finish ... well, like a drum machine ;) ... but hands-free & in a stomp box format ...

Cheers,
    Wolf

Hi @viabcroce,

Yes, you can import & assemble your own (or any) drum midi file & assign it to way-format (24bit) drum samples (which you can also create & import yourself) in up to 18 velocities ... I had the Trio+ borrowed from a mate and although the the bass feature in the Trio is nice, if you - like me - are only interested in great, realistic drum sounds - the sound quality of the drum sounds in the BeatBuddy is superior to the Trio IMHO ... as I have a Boomerang III looper synced with the BeatBuddy, there is no need for a looper :)

Cheers,
    Wolf

I have my BeatBuddy for about 2 months now & am using it regularly for my duo gigs, rehearsals & at home ... and it is so much FUN ... very realistic sounding (non-quantized, real drum wav-file samples - stereo if you like), tons of different styles, stomp box a-like foot control & completely customizable ...

... a great, great tool - can definitively recommend it :D

Cheers,
    Wolf

Interesting thread ..

... I'm still using my JTV-69 as my main go-to guitar for all sorts of musical situations ...

I did like the VDI-'dream rig' (HD500X) idea a lot, but the superior sound together with the switching flexibility of the Kemper/Remote combo outweighed the 'convenience' factor ... still love the flexibility of the JTV ('Swiss army knife') concept - though live I use mainy the DSP side of the JTV for the (excellent!) acoustic models & I did swap the (not bad) original pups for Joe Barden's which I dearly love for all electric sounds & a couple of small alterations - anyways, a greatly built guitar - light with a great neck ... oops, just realised that I'm a bit OT there ... curious - will follow the thread though :)

Cheers,
    Wolf

Epic.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

... well, interesting - after installing version 4 I thought the wha sweep hasn't been as smooth as it was before (I'm using a Mission EP1-KP for wha/vol)... firstly I thought it had to do with the calibration of the expression pedal, but calibrating it hasn't made a difference ... with that experience (the wha sweep kind of reflects the 'choppy' sweep of you whammy example) & after listening to your comparison I agree something has changed ... hopefully an easy fix ;)

Cheers,
    Wolf

@drandall
    I do understand what you're talking about - had the same thoughts until yesterday:

I'm now using the morph to 'solo boost' all my rigs ... though I'm using my performances in 'banks of rigs' rather than in a song based fashion - i.e. banks of <clean - breakup - distortion - distortion alternative> rigs from different amps ... all my rigs can be used self-contained ... a benefit is that this frees up one of the I-II-III-IIII slots :thumbup: ... downside is: engaging a stomp has to be done as in the olden days :D ...

Works fine for me so far 8)

Cheers,
    Wolf