Posts by Netheravon

I’ve gotta say I’m considering selling the Quad. So far I’m trying to love it but although the captures are good I don’t think they are any better than the Kemper.

Also I find many of the captures that are available and the models are a little stiff and sterile.

Also Kemper is just way ahead on effects and utility. I find the simple routing when I want to go straight to a cab and also mixer so simple and with the Kemper removing the cab even from studio profiles very well. (Don’t know if it sounds 100% correct, pretty sure it doesn’t, but it still sounds good)

I also find the Quad sounds quite thin on the high strings, similar to the helix.

Combine this all with morphing, and the other products like the new powered cab, I don’t really think the QC can really compare.

I’m waiting for some updates before I decide but a little underwhelmed after owning it for about 2 months.

Alienator

What would make a Kemper killer for you?

I’m actually pretty happy with the sounds on the QC.
    It feels slightly stiffer than the Kemper, though.
    the Kemper also has many more and, in my opinion, better effects, especially the delays and reverbs.
    Also, the added tone shaping controls of the Kemper are amazing, clarity, definition to mention a couple. Plus the morph functions, plus all the extras of the whole ecosystem like the kabs and kones.

It’s a hard thing to beat to be honest.
    I’ll keep the Kemper, especially as I have a powered one and like to use it with my real cab.

Might sell the helix tho;)

Ok so I’ve been playing with my QC a lot and agree it’s not a Kemper killer. But I still think it is good.
    so many clips are with fizzy high gain amp models I thought I’d capture my Two Rock on clean and overdriven settings.

Here’s a vid

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

on my Mackie monitors, it sounds basically the same. Ymmv

Agree. Also, you prob know this as you’re using the Atomic Clr, but whatever you’re monitoring with is really important.

I use a real cab with the Kemper but have a dxr10 so used that with the QC. I found it boxy and not very dynamic, very disappointing. Then I put the Kemper through it to check, and also disliked the sound of my favourite profiles. So much so I’m going to have to reconsider my dxr.

So putting the QC through my real cab using a cheap quilter pedal amp worked really well.

Be interested to hear how the Atomic clr is, but I think it a great shame the Kemper power amp isn’t useable with other modellers, if it were I’d buy it right away.

I spent time capturing a few pedals today. A KTR Klon, Friedman beod and tried a beano boost by analogman.

The first two were pretty good, something not quite right in the low mids I felt but sound was generally there. The treble booster was really trebly and didn’t work at all. I’ll keep trying though as I’ve not been playing long with it.

I have the suhr Andy Woods T style signature and it is amazing. Very playable, typical t sounds but a little more girth to it with the woodshed pickups.
    also had a Guthrie Govan sig which was also amazing. Can’t go wrong with Suhr guitars and as a t style is so basic in many ways, I honestly think you’ll love any suhr one you get.

No, because the Kone on its own is GFR, not FRFR. The corrective EQ applied using the Profiler's DSP when the Kone setting is ON takes it closer to FRFR specs and without it it is just a slightly more broadband guitar speaker.

wouldn’t this mean that it would sound fine tho if you used a helix etc without a cab ir? I mean if it’s basically gfr anyway?

Yup, I get that :) but wondering how useable it is with other modellers as I have a powered Kemper anyway, so don’t necessarily need the powered cab, but if it also works for other devices I might trade my Yamaha Dxr ;)

Ingolf have you tried it with your QC yet?

Absolutely not. Part of playing a strat is the struggle I feel. They aren’t the easiest guitars to play IMO. Scale length maybe? My prs and suhrs are easier. But a strat is a strat and nothing else is quite the same.

Kemper is amazing. I hope the QC is too. I didn’t like any of the tones in the vid tho. Really fizzy. Maybe not the best comparison IMO but still interesting.