Posts by Netheravon

Fair enough, I meant $. But anyway, my point is really that I'm just going to wait to try the free ones, which I am sure will be great too:) Although I read MW's reply on the commercial area about the Rokpak saying he's got profiles there that are blends of amps etc, and that sounds pretty exciting;)

I agree here. If you are gonna buy the MW pack your gonna buy them once you've heard the free ones anyway. If you are in 2 minds the free ones might push you to buy them.... and if your not thinking of buying them then the free ones will do you anyway.

Problem solved now release the free pack :thumbup::P:D;)

o you anyway.

Totally agree with this. In my opinion I wouldn't pay £200 until I've heard how good the free ones are, and tbh, if they're great I wouldn't probably buy more anyway. I mean I can't believe the free ones would purposely be a less quality than the commercial ones, so the free ones will hopefully be fantastic anyway. Of course there may be factors I can't take into consideration as yet, for example what amps are available in the free pack. I must admit I haven't read all 45 odd pages here so maybe this has already been mentioned;)

Again, thx for the replies. Still love it when Mr Kemper chimes in;) I can't really rely on a 'good FOH guy' though. Many places I play have none or, even worse, useless ones;) I understand that adding bass could impinge on the bass player's territory though, or even the kick drum but thanks for pointing this out. I find the profiles generally very good and extremely usable but there are some that are a little harsh for me at high volumes, and I'm just interested in people's different methods for dealing with this in live situations:)

Thanks for the replies. In reply to Chamelious : I just thought it wasn't optimal as an eq acting as Low Pass in my daw will cut out all those frequencies above the specific point, whereas the Kemper just reduces the volume by a certain amount, not cut completely - although this is probably not necessary. However, I'm happy that it sounds like I'm on the right track;)

Deny, thanks for the reply too, I'll try adding some of that low end magic, as I find some miss low end too. Thanks for the specifics:)

I have about 90 profiles on my actual toaster and about 900 in the Rig Manager, all in sub-folders named after the amps. Seems a decent way to organise it all. I am planning on removing even more from the toaster though as in my mind I only really need the ones on there that I actually use live. Playing in a few different bands, I have a few different amps that suit, but think I could get the number of profiles down to about 20 or 30 along with those in my actual performance slots. As with the OP some of mine are commercial, mainly from TAF, some from Soundside and some from SInMix, the rest are from RE. And there are many that are great.

I plan to keep all the rest on the Rig Manager for recording use and simply for tweaking mixes etc.

Hey all

I've noticed lots of the more high gain profiles can sound pretty trebly, bordering on harsh sometimes for live use through my dxr10. I know reducing definition in the amp section and if course using the front panel can cut this a bit, but I also found setting a post amp studio eq high frequency to 10k or so and reducing that down by the max -12 helps. But I don't think this is the optimal method either. In my daw I'd just add a low pass at around the 10k but for live use, what do you do that works best?

I've had this happen too. I must admit it worries me as I use the kemper live as well. I now have a USB stick in my Kemper case with the OS in the root just in case. But surprised it happens and has not been fixed as it seems to be a known issue.

Heya
    The spdif in the output menu (by holding down the output button) is set to git/stack. If I set it to Stack I get no signal at all. Anything where there's one dry and one wet I just get the dry.

Hi All,

I'm using Pro Logic X and a Komplete Audio 6 interface. I have the Kemper Spdif output set to Git/Stack. I have the interface in sync with the Kemper acting as the external clock at 44.1.

Here's my problem, hopefully someone can help.

I'm trying to record guitar on two mono tracks: one wet and one dry for later possible reamping. The spdif for the interface is 5/6 so I set one track input for 5, one for 6. I am only getting a dry signal from the kemper no matter what I do on input 5. I also tried just setting one track as 5/6 just to see if I got the same issue and I do, then it just records one channel (the left I think) and nothing on the right: i.e. dry but not wet.
    If I change the spdif output to something that is only wet, e.g. Stack then I get no signal at all.

Am I doing something wrong? I've just spent 4 hours searching the net/manual and messing with Pro Logic and can't get it to work.

I have reamped before with no prob, but then I just used the plugins in Pro Logic to get the guitar sound while recording and then reamped the dry signal later on.

Thanks for any help. I know I'm probably missing something obvious but after 4 hours at this non-stop I am going a little mad! 8|

Ok,

I have worked out that this is basically how it works anyway. I can just change rigs on the fly and it changes in real time and I can hear those changes through my Daw and monitors straight away with no latency.

I guess it really was a silly question, but hopefully others may learn from my ignorance!

Yes, I want to be able to hear it in the mix as I tweak it. Otherwise you have to tweak the sound, then reamp the original dry signal, then listen back to it in the mix, then tweak the sound again etc. which is very time consuming. I'd like to be able to just play the track and tweak and hear those tweaks in real time in the mix.

I'm guessing it's not possible like that, but thought I'd ask as there are many here more knowledgeable than me:)