Posts by Netheravon

Bought the grab n go pack, got a number of packs now, and it’s great. Love the performances and used one tonight live with a 2 Rock 1x12 cab and it sounded great.

Might have to buy more although I really don’t need more profiles.

Also bought the hx stomp pack. That sounds pretty good too. Although not as good as the Kemper.

Ok this is a short review as I feel I should write something quickly but I intend on doing a fuller one.

I was sent the BE100 and direct profiles of the SLX900. Now I have plenty of packs from all the major ‘renowned’ vendors so I feel in a good position to comment.

All the profiles sounded great and cover a good range of gain, from clean to balls out rock.

Through my 2Rock 2x12 cab, these sounded great with plenty of mids but also definition. I didn’t tweak the profiles at all using my Suhr T Style guitar and got a great sound.

Only thing I’d be tempted to do is add a couple of profiles with a range of effects already dialed in. Don’t get me wrong, there are some already but maybe a better range and some that use the newer delays and reverbs could be good. I locked a couple of effects from another vendor and was then more than happy with the sounds.

These are not necessary though as the most important things are the great amp tones available but could help create a better first impression for new buyers.

Great profiles. Definitely recommend

I’d have researched more before buying and then realising the lack of an editor. Many many threads on this.

I’d also have probably gone for the head or rack if your main use is studio.

However, beyond this I personally think the Kemper is by far the best sounding and feeling digital device out there. The support is also amazing and the updates rock.

I bought my power head around 6 years ago and wasn’t at first convinced but with some time it became easily the best purchase I’ve made in over 25 years of guitar playing

As I’ve bought lots in the past, I generally only buy ones that are a bit special now. There are only so many Marshall JTMs I need. Amps that have a history or that aren’t the standard ones interest me most.

They need to be dynamic, and respond well to different guitars. I also like DI profiles as I often use a real cab.

Hi all,

I've been on this forum a while and had my Kemper for about 6 years now I reckon. However, I still love my one tube amp and pedals and I'm sure some of you are the same.

I've made a few pedal demos and thought some of you guys might be interested.

These are of my own pedals bought by myself for myself and the reviews are honest. This isn't about advertising, just trying to be helpful.

Here's one of the EHX Triangle Muff Reissue:

https://youtu.be/HcEuC4Difck

Others include Keeley Tone Workstation and D&M Drive, EHX Russian, Triangle and Opamp and a shootout between them, the Belle Epoch Deluxe, the Hudson Sidecar and Broadcast, the Quilter Interblock 45, the Friedman BE-OD, a Zvex Box of Rock and others.

The reviews are in more detail on the blog at:

https://www.samgoffen.co.uk/pedals-n-stuff

As said, all of this is meant to just be helpful so hopefully someone will like these. If this breaks any forum rules in anyway, I apologise and you can just delete the post.

Hi all,

Ok, so I wonder what's the best way to deal with this. I'm trying to set up a simple performance in which I have a rig with lots of delay and reverb. I then switch to another slot which is exactly the same except for the values in the ducking and mix of the delay and rev. I know I can do this with morph btw and probably will but the issue I'd like help with is the clear sound of the performance slots changing.

I can hear a clear little sound drop out / change as the performance slots change. It's nothing major but obvious. I have spillover on and I just want a seamless change in slots. I don't normally use the Kemper like this although I've had it for years, so this is the first time I've had this issue. I usually just have a performance slot per song and don't end up changing them while playing.

Is this obvious change in rig slots in performance mode just something that everyone gets?

Thx for any advice.

I know you’re convinced it’s the saddle but I’m my experience it’s always the nut when the issue’s as you’ve described. Saddle issues with retro fender style trems tend to be more about snapping strings in which case I agree with the above post suggesting sanding the contact point.

Sorry if this is no help.